Author Topic: Kicking Careers into High Gear  (Read 49935 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Kicking Careers into High Gear
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2015, 10:16:29 AM »
And as fun as this idea is, it's sad because it's just not really working right. I have not used any mods or cc in my game. It's a new game file, because it's required of the challenge.
Also, based on the bug forum that Crinrict tracks, i'm not the only one who is having problems with it.

Exactly what is wrong with your file?  Is it something that prevents you from leveling careers?  If it is because of the nerf (slow leveling), then Metro is right, it is not broken, just harder.  If it is something that breaks the game and prevent you for getting promoted, please PM the team with the details.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2015, 10:54:04 AM »
I do wonder whether the fact that you sometimes don't make any progress or that your progress goes backwards is intended by ea. I can see why someone would consider it 'broken'. Maybe someone here can enlighten me on that subject. Is this indeed how they intended it? Even when you work hard and are in the 'very' right mood?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2015, 11:53:20 AM »
I do wonder whether the fact that you sometimes don't make any progress or that your progress goes backwards is intended by ea. I can see why someone would consider it 'broken'. Maybe someone here can enlighten me on that subject. Is this indeed how they intended it? Even when you work hard and are in the 'very' right mood?

No, no specifics will be given out in this thread while the event is live. However, you are free to ask elsewhere on the forum.

Offline SimOakley

• Nooboo
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2015, 05:30:18 PM »
Career Cap- 4= 4800
level 6+-lvl7= 400
Rewards-33 rewards= 16.5

So if my maths is correct
Final Score-85,800

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2015, 06:16:36 PM »
Career Cap- 4= 4800
level 6+-lvl7= 400
Rewards-33 rewards= 16.5

So if my maths is correct
Final Score-85,800

It's not correct. ;) Your multiplier = 33 X .05 = 1.65 + 1.00 = 2.65

4800 + 400 X 2.65 = 13,780

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2015, 01:33:55 AM »
No, no specifics will be given out in this thread while the event is live. However, you are free to ask elsewhere on the forum.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that this was against the rules too. Thought it wouldn't have something to do with strategy and stuff.

Offline libraryrose4

• Nooboo
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2015, 02:00:42 AM »
Well, in my opinion "breaking" something means it cannot actually be done and be used. The patch made leveling careers much more time consuming, agreed. That does not mean it's broken. It's harder and more challenging.

It may have been more appropriate to say that I think it's broken. Because I don't know for sure, of course. I would propose that it is possible to nerf something so harshly, out of proportion to the rest of the game, that it could be considered broken.
But... I do think that in my save file for this challenge, my sim's career progress is broken. I had noticed it was harder to level careers on my regular save file, but I don't think it was quite this hard.
Either way, I have PMed you all with more details, not at all sure what would be too much info here in the tourney forums.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimOakley

• Nooboo
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2015, 10:40:53 AM »
It's not correct. ;) Your multiplier = 33 X .05 = 1.65 + 1.00 = 2.65

4800 + 400 X 2.65 = 13,780

Whoops, sorry! Thank you for correcting me. I did think I was a bit too much of. Score for 4 career caps!

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »
Hey, team. The most recent patch notes state this: "Fixed an issue that prevented career progress from properly tracking the Sims skill progression towards career goals."

I don't know how much this will change career progression because I haven't played with it much yet, but it sounds like careers will not take 4-5 days to progress to the next level even when all requirements are complete. This seems like a pretty big game-changer for this challenge, so I'm wondering if those of use who already started playing the scoring file or submitted scores will get to retry or something? I'm not sure if this is necessary because I don't know how drastic the changes are yet, but it could be a possibility.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2015, 04:36:11 PM »
It is a pretty big game changer.  The team are discussing this at the moment and will let everyone know as soon as we have a decision.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2015, 04:39:40 PM »
We are testing the outdoor retreat pack, for now please refrain from using anything related to that expansion pack.  We will update everyone as soon as we can.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2015, 05:24:57 PM »
It is a pretty big game changer.  The team are discussing this at the moment and will let everyone know as soon as we have a decision.

Wow. Yeah we basically need to restart this event I feel. So, let's do this — if you have submitted your score already and want to have it stand as is, fine. Scores can stay as they are. But, everyone who has already submitted a score OR is currently working on their file has the opportunity to start over given this massive change. Just post your second effort and we'll wipe your first score after you do. The bad news is I am not changing the ending date, so we'll all need to hustle a little faster to finish.

Fair enough?

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2015, 05:57:39 PM »
Wow. Yeah we basically need to restart this event I feel. So, let's do this — if you have submitted your score already and want to have it stand as is, fine. Scores can stay as they are. But, everyone who has already submitted a score OR is currently working on their file has the opportunity to start over given this massive change. Just post your second effort and we'll wipe your first score after you do. The bad news is I am not changing the ending date, so we'll all need to hustle a little faster to finish.

Fair enough?
Fair enough,

Metro, just to confirm. For those people like myself who hasn't started on this yet are still able to start, aren't we? I'm sure we can, but you just mentioned people who have submitted or who are currently working on it.

Dek

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2015, 06:00:24 PM »
Fair enough,

Metro, just to confirm. For those people like myself who hasn't started on this yet are still able to start, aren't we? I'm sure we can, but you just mentioned people who have submitted or who are currently working on it.

Dek

Absolutely. Anyone who has not started will be starting with the same conditions as those who will be restarting which is what we want.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »
Since we are giving everyone a chance to restart, the outdoor retreat pack is allowed, no restriction.

anything