Author Topic: Kicking Careers into High Gear  (Read 49936 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Kicking Careers into High Gear
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2015, 12:10:04 PM »
Congrats to ClayMask for another brilliant challenge! And Tixxis, just so you know, only your top ten scores count at the end of the year, so you still have time to give ClayMask and LenaLJ a good run.

I'm not happy with my score so won't give my strategy. The only thing I will say is that Carefree does eliminate the Tense moodlet, which helps in general, as they can get tense from some of the chance cards besides working hard.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2015, 01:01:24 PM »
Congrats to ClayMask for another brilliant challenge! And Tixxis, just so you know, only your top ten scores count at the end of the year, so you still have time to give ClayMask and LenaLJ a good run.

Very good advice, Marian. Thank you. Speaking of the World Ranking, I wanted to throw out the top 10 players so far. This is completely unofficial because the "official" World Ranking comes out in March with the close of the 3rd event. But, I thought - what the heck? - and thought maybe some of you more competitive players would at least get a taste of who is in the top 10. I am listing players here and not in the World Ranking sticky - again, because this is not the real deal. So, these are the top 10 players who have participated in both events to date...

1. ClayMask - .6
2. LenaLJ - .581
3. Poffin - .543
4. GlazeyLady - .519
5. londonsim - .506
6. alyssa.cole - .502
7. Metropolis Man - .488
8. HelenP - .486
9. MissZoef - .482
10. Nikitachi - .458

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2015, 02:12:01 PM »
That's strange.  The ideal mood for it is supposed to be focused.  How many times have you successfully managed it while very inspired?

I wish I had thought to make a note of that, but from a very meager memory I would have to say about 5 or 6 times. I was doing it every time it reopened, though I waited till the last bit of the adult life span to try to build up my programing skill. I also made sure all needs and such were maxed, to which being inspired was actually by accident at first. After it worked the first time I kept doing it and was continually surprised that it kept working.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2015, 06:40:16 PM »
Well, my strategy wasn't nearly as hardcore as the winner/near-winner's, and I feel like I could've gotten a lot more points if I had joined and quit all the careers at the end to get a higher multiplier, and got the Connections reward before starting to work on careers.  ::)  Ah well, I had a fun time with this challenge!

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2015, 12:06:16 AM »
10. Nikitachi - .458

Oh goodness, I'm in the top 10 so far!   :o I feel like I just got "Very inspired" myself!  ;D Will try even harder on the other challenges!

Offline alyssa.cole

• Townie
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2015, 10:53:09 AM »
Thanks for the unofficial top 10, Metro!

I used the charisma 'ask for bonus' as often as possible, but also found hacking career performance to be too unreliable to count on.

The other piece of strategy that I haven't seen mentioned yet was the 'Book of Life' that you can write after finishing the Bestselling Author aspiration. Once it's written if you "capture epic saga" of the other sim in the household, any re-reading of the book completely refills all needs and gives a happy moodlet. I had each of my sims complete it, and read before leaving for work and as necessary to fill up all needs. If one of the sims was at work and their needs deteriorated, the other could read the book at home and refill them. It does take awhile to get the reward, but one of my sims was going through the writer career anyway, so it overlapped enough to be well worth it.

Congrats to everyone else - looking forward to the great competition in this year's tournament!

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2015, 04:18:33 PM »
Both of my sims had their career performance going backwards. They would get up into the green, then it would go back to an earlier colour for the entire challenge. They couldn't literally get out of level 1 of their careers, neither of them. That wasn't happening to my sim in the first challenge of the season.

I went through the process of patching up and I checked and double checked that and it seemed to confirm I was patched up. So, is there something I did wrong for that to be still happening to me?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2015, 03:02:46 PM »
I posted my failed attempt at this challenge on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/yQDszBvZZ34

Offline TimSim101

• Nooboo
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2015, 07:31:37 AM »
I thought I had the secret to capping more than 2 careers with the hacking work performance and doing tech guru and culinary. I even completed the computer whiz aspiration so how did I not see the 'making connections' option on the computer I do don't know. Either way I was doing this right up until deadline day due to an unfortunate change in my exam timetable at university.

Congratulations Claymask on another win  :)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2015, 11:16:42 PM »
I posted my failed attempt at this challenge on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/yQDszBvZZ34
Thanks for posting that.  It was interesting watching someone else do this challenge.  That male Sim is funny, wearing more clothes to bed than he does as his normal outfit. 

I've had food stuck before, too.  You just need to have a Sim clean it up and then start cooking again.  It was disappointing to see that you stopped because of that bug.

I have some other tips I could share with you.  If you're interested, let me know, and I'll send you a PM with some ideas of things you could do to improve your game.

anything