Author Topic: The Knethen Immortal Dynasty  (Read 63271 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Knethen Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2014, 12:58:10 AM »
I'm so pleased that Kell made it! Well done. I didn't know about renewing the vowls.. may have to *steal* use that in my Legacy  ;)  And I know it's weird.. but I just adore Nick/James!

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2014, 07:01:05 AM »
Congratulations on Kell making it to Immortality.

Wow Ali is a seriously long lived sim, but honestly as long as you don't lack space in the household just count your blessings that she stayed around for that long.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2014, 01:41:36 PM »
Congrats to you and Kell for becoming an Immortal! The first one is always the hardest -- you get a little more time with the heirs. I've been learning a lot from your post-story notes -- it never would have occurred to me to pair the Soul Mate aspiration with the Secret Agent career.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2014, 02:18:41 PM »
Thanks again everyone!  I was worried before, but after I got the deathflower I was pretty confidant I'd make it.  Just a matter of time, and I had more than enough (thank goodness).  I did have a LOT of issues with the BFF.  I wanted Eric to be the BFF just for story and sentimentality, but it wouldnt let me.  Actually, I had to go find a fresh sim and BFF them to finish...  Not sure if that was a glitch, or just because I'd already been best friends previously.

@Playalot - I thought that one was rather amusing myself, heh.  I find myself giggling at my own puns, which is probably a good thing.

@KTK10 It's amazing, isn't it?  not only is it +3, but its for 48 hours!  Makes it so easy to hit +8 for Very Emotional states.  Don't get playful though...  speaking of easy to hit, I pushed Kell into Hysterical a few times because Ali keeps using voodoo to make him playful.

@Margarita I'm seriously worried there's a glitch here.  Ali got her "Make preparations" notification EIGHT days ago.  Eight!  Not that I mind, but if it lasts another sim-week I might have to notify the challenge team about it.

@MarianT It's definitely easier with Heirs, yeah.  Nick is at Tier 4 of the Mischief aspiration, and Tier 3 of the Angry aspiration just 4 days into young adult.  I didn't realize how hard those fights are to get...  staying angry is hard when you enjoy fighting with people.  Plenty of time though, so no worries!

And yeah, I definitely try hard to line up my aspirations with my career.  With Nick, I plan to go the Oracle route, and I'll put off the "hack successfully 10 times" until then, as its the daily work for the career.  It doesn't save too much time, but it makes it feel more efficient at least.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2014, 11:15:11 PM »
Chapter Ten - Beginnings

Welcome, welcome, one and all, to the amazing, fantastical Knethen Dynasty!  We have lions and tigers and bears!  Pools and plants!  Good and Evil!  All that jazz.  And soon we'll have a new household member(s)!

Nick:  So I think I'm ready now.  I am at a point where my aspirations will take some time to complete, but I'll have free time between my requirements.
Kell:  Good!  I've been looking forward to hearing you say that.  Ali will be so happy.

Richard:  I have no idea what you guys are talking about. 
Together:  Vicky.

Ali:  So when are you going to ask dear?
Nick:  *grunt*  Tonight.

Nick:  Hey Richard, you mind if I keep the pool area to myself for the next few hours?  Vicky is on her way over.
Richard:  Yeah man no problem.  Good luck.
Nick:  Thanks bud.

Vicky:  Hey Nick, duck. *splashes*
Nick:  Not my beautiful face!  Anything but that!

Vicky:  Mmm.  You're pretty good at this.
Nick:  Mom made me take a couple fitness courses at school.  One of the things we learned was how to relax pulled muscles.

Nick:  So...  I want to ask you something, but I'd rather not do it so close to the house.  I have strong suspicions we're being spied on.
What?  No I'm just um...  Making sure the pools clean.  Cause you guys use it so much.  Yeah.

Nick:  Vicky, I have loved you since you came over that first day.  I just never knew it till I grew up.  I know I seem like a terrible person sometimes, that the things I do make me look like I don't understand human emotions.  I do, I just have trouble relating to them sometimes.  Not with you though.  With you, I know who I am, who I want to be.  I want to be your husband, I want to live with you for as long as I can.  Will you marry me?
Vicky:  Of course I will my love.  I said yes when you asked me the first time, didn't I?  Took you long enough to get around to asking for real.

Richard:  You know Mom had microphones and cameras installed in the Wedding Arch right?  She wants to record any future weddings.
Nick:  So you guys heard everything.
Richard:  Well I didn't, I'm not quite that nosy.  Our parents, however...
Nick:  Seriously mom!
Ali:  I'm afraid I can't hear you, my ears aren't what they used to be.
Vicky:  Ah, let it go.  So they got to see your sentimental side.

This is one of the most informal weddings I've ever seen.
Vicky:  I don't like crowds...
Nick:  And I don't do well in them, so we decided that a small wedding would be best.

Are you serious...  ON THE PLATFORM KELL. I don't even know what you're doing down there!
Kell:  What, I can see just fine.  Look, there's Nicks hair... and there's Vicky.
Sigh.

I do so enjoy a good wedding... say, where's the cake?

Kell:  Whoops!  I'll get right on that. 
Oh, hey there Kali!  It's so nice to see you again, you always do a good job at these parties.
Kali:  Well thank you.  I do enjoy my work.

Vicky, its your wedding.  Let someone else clean up.
Vicky:  Watcher, I need to make this clear:  I enjoy cleaning.  It's a thing I like to do.  Now let me do it.
Yes Ma'am, sorry Ma'am!

Yeah I have no idea whats going on with this wedding at this point.  Whatever, we got gold!  Congratulations Nick and Vicky!

And congratulations again Vicky.  I didn't realize you were trying for a Nooboo.
Vicky:  Neither did I.  I hope Nick doesn't get too upset.
Hm...  Let me go see how he's feeling.

Learning how to irritate people better?
James:  Oh yes.  This book is filled with some pretty awesome ideas.  Did you know that you can break a sink just by sticking a wrench down the pipe?
I suppose that in a roundabout way that would work...  wouldn't it be better to just disassemble the drain pipe?
James:  Well... Yes, it would.  Thank you Watcher, I think I'll give that a shot.
Wait, no I didn't mean that you should...  well crap.
James:  Whahahahaha

How are you feeling Ali?
Ali:  Still feeling pretty well actually.  I'm letting Nick do most of the work so he can learn how to do it, but I've been picking up the slack.
Nick:  Good thing too.  Watcher, you need to get rid of some of this. 
As far as I'm concerned we can get rid off all of it, except the deathflower plants.  Maybe keep what we'll need for a cowplant, if we have any of it.  Looks like it's time to sleep though, for me at least.  Good night guys.

Post-Story Story

I actually don't have too much to say here.  You can see the Museum building in the background of some of the pics.  I'm still strapped for cash, so it's basically a box with windows. 

Vicky is going to be a Tech guru.  I want to get some of the high end Focused items for Nick, and also since Richard is going into painting, I won't have cash issues for too much longer.

The nooboo was a tiny bit unexpected.  I don't have any issues with it, since Nick's in a pretty good spot anyways, but I don't remember adding that to the queue...  Is it possible to get a nooboo when you aren't trying for one, or am I just forgetful? 

What else...  Ali is still alive.  I'm giving it another simweek then reporting it as a possible glitch.  Anyone got any idea what the maximum time an elder can live with sparkley bar?  Is there a limit?  Am I just astoundingly lucky, or am I so inexperienced with elders that the normal seems abnormal?

If you guys have any questions let me know!  I feel like there should be more here, but really I can't think of anything out of the ordinary that happened...  The Date and the Wedding both went super smooth. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2014, 11:28:41 PM »
Now, I'm not sure about in this game, but some of the elders I've had already have lived over 120 days.  I know in TS3, there were some that had Sims live over 150.  Since the age stages are different, I would say it's just that her RNG really loves her XD

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2014, 11:37:23 PM »
Now, I'm not sure about in this game, but some of the elders I've had already have lived over 120 days.  I know in TS3, there were some that had Sims live over 150.  Since the age stages are different, I would say it's just that her RNG really loves her XD

Actually, that brings up something I noticed.  Ever since Ali's bar turned sparkley (at 120 days old if I remember correctly), I can't see what her age is in days anymore.  Is that normal?  Also woo!  Page 3!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2014, 01:41:38 AM »
Once the age bar goes bubbly you can't see the age anymore, which is a bit of a bummer. I guess your just lucky with Ali, the only thing I know that extends the sims age is completing the athletic aspiration... but eating well and working out each does help. By how much, I'm not sure.

I really like how you actually use your pool often in your game. I keep forgetting to take pics when my sims head out there.
I have to comment on how nice Nick looks all buff, he always was a fav, but now for sure!  :P Congrats on the wedding and nooboo. Gen three I believe.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2014, 12:28:16 AM »
Chapter 11

Richard:  Getting back into painting?
Nick:  Maybe a little.  I just felt like starting one, I doubt I'll keep it up.
Ali:  You should, your painting has always been good.  Not like Richards, but close.
Nick:  We'll see.  I need to head out, got some stuff to do.

Ali:  That looks very nice Richard, very pretty.  It's a fireball right?
Richard:  Nah, it's a red eyeball.
Hey Ali, do you know where Kell is?  I need his help.
Ali:  Yeah he's using the microscope.
I swear you two are addicted to that thing.  I've been thinking about selling it. I'll be back, I need to get Kell started and help out Nick.
Ali:  Alright Watcher, I'll see you later.

Kell:  So what are we doing here? 
I need you to make some Angry Paintings.  Nicks aspiration requires him to get into fights while angry, and as you know it's hard to stay angry after a fight.  Hopefully this will help.

Kell:  I see.  Well, will this do?
Kell you're a god among painters.  That's exactly what we needed.  Alright I'm off to help Nick.  You have work soon, don't forget.

Ah there you are!  Wait, what in the world...
Nick:  Ah Watcher, there you are!  I've been to a couple houses already.  Look who I found!
That's weird...  I thought you couldn't get in this house.
Nick:  Yeah me too, but I tried around the back and got in.  I found Kerri here in the TV.
Kerri:  Hello Watcher!  It's so nice having someone around, you can only possess an item so many times before it gets boring.

Nick:  Well looks like I'm out of time.  It's been fun Kerri!
Kerri:  It's been a blast Nick.  Feel free to come back anytime.
Nick:  I'm sure I'll be back sooner or later. *picks pocket*

Russell:  You broke my sink!
Nick:  Yeah sorry, it's an aspiration thing...  Here, I'll show you how to fix it.
Russell:  Oh thanks man.
Nick:  It's the least I can do, sorry for the trouble.  Here, bring it in *picks pocket*
James:  I'm off to work.  Take care of the house Watcher.
Headed there now.
Ali:  Watcher...
Ali?  Hang on a sec, I'm coming.

ALI!   No no no NO!
Ali:  Watcher, I think... I think I'm dying.
Kell and Nick are at work, and the others are sleeping!  Ali I can't... I'm so sorry.  I can't save you.
Ali:  It's okay Watcher.  I'll be alright.  Take care of my family.
Ali...

Grim, is there anything I can do?  She didn't even get to say goodbye.
Grim:  No.  I'm sorry, but it's Ali's time.  I have work to do, leave me be.

Vicky:  What?  Watcher, what is this?
It's...  Ali.  She died last night.
Vicky:  I didn't even hear her?  I'm a terrible person, Watcher I should have been there!
There was nothing you could do Vicky, you have to forgive yourself.  I'll let Kell and Nick know.

Kell, I'm so sorry.  If I'd known, I'd have made you stay home.
Kell:  I dont...  I can't...  I need to be alone Watcher.

Nick:  Got my promotion!  How's the house?
I... Nick, your mother is dead.  She died while you were working.
Nick:  No, that can't be... that isn't FAIR!
I know, I can't believe she's gone.  Nick, are you going to be okay?
James:  I'll be fine.  I'm headed out to the museum.

James:  Ann.  Sorry to call you here so suddenly.  I need a sparring partner, a real one.  Someone who can take a hit.
Ann:  Well that's me then.  Why didn't you just have me come in at work?
James:  My mother died, I need to work out some aggression.

A useful conduit for rage.  Nick, I'm leaving you here, I need to help Vicky.

Is there anything I can do?
Vicky:  Kill Nick for me, then remind me never to have a Nooboo again.

Vicky:  Nevermind, don't kill Nick.  He's beautiful.
What will you name him?
Vicky:  Kendrick.  Kendrick Knethen.

Nick:  Oh my baby boy...  Daddy will never let anything happen to you.  I promise.

Are you okay?  You've been quiet for a long time.
Richard:  I'm just... processing.  I can't believe she's gone.

Kell:  *sobbing*

Post-Story Story

I can't believe she's gone.  I stopped expecting her to die, I almost expected her to live forever.  No one was around, no one even saw her leave.  Kell won't stop mourning her.

I don't want the entire post-story to be sad, so I'll move on to some more statistical stuff.  Nick finished plugging all of his sinks.  The ghost house I thought couldn't be visited actually can now, so I'll be leaving it in play I think.

I knew a lot of people were having issues with the "fight while angry" aspiration requirement, so I made plans for it.  I knew I didn't want Nicks Anger to get too high, but at the same time I had to beat the dazed and confident moodlets he would receive.  So:  One masterpiece painting for a +2 Angry Aura, A poke with the voodoo doll for another +2, and looking at the painting gets another +1.  That's 5 total, well below the danger zone, but still good enough to beat the moodlets from fighting.  Feel free to steal this idea!  If you can't get a masterpiece painting, a few good ones will do fine.

Another Angry related discovery:  Apparently Angry is the proper emotion for building mischief.  This doesn't really make sense to me, I've thought it was playful for quite a while.  But:  What this means is that you can make a "angry room" to boost the XP you get from trolling the web, using a voodoo doll, mischief interactions, ect.  Again, I feel like playful should boost it as well, but it doesn't.  This does explain why I was having such a hard time leveling the skill.

Generation 3 has officially arrived!  If anything has helped to relieve the sadness of Ali dying, this is it.  I'm looking forward to continuing.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2014, 01:10:29 AM »
I really like how you actually use your pool often in your game. I keep forgetting to take pics when my sims head out there.
I have to comment on how nice Nick looks all buff, he always was a fav, but now for sure!  :P Congrats on the wedding and nooboo. Gen three I believe.

Part of the reason my Sims use the pool so much is I use it as my "inspired room".  Whenever they feel like a drink, they go outside, get inspired, and start painting.  It all works pretty well.  Also, I enjoy seeing my Sims in bathing suits.  Some more than others, admittedly.  Also also, I suck at doing open floor plans for buildings, which means that my house is terrible for trying to get good screenshots in.  If anyone feels like helping me with a new floor plan, I would totally appreciate it.

I thought you might appreciate Nicks new look, judging by Dude... and Terrence... and Terrence... and Ash... heh.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2014, 01:12:15 AM »
Do you have screenshots of your house currently?  I'm not as adept as Play is at building, but I might be able to come up with some suggestions ^^

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2014, 01:17:47 AM »
Aww, RIP Ali. We knew her time was nearly up but somehow when it finally happens it feels so unexpected.

Just a thought, if you leave Ali's urn on a table/bench etc the ghost can't visit or if they do they glitch out. That's why I keep mine just on the floor. (Might be different for you but it REALLY sucks when even the ghost gets taken out of your game so I thought I better mention it.)

re: building. Look online for some real life house plans that you like then use those as a guide for your sims homes.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2014, 01:22:23 AM »
Do you have screenshots of your house currently?  I'm not as adept as Play is at building, but I might be able to come up with some suggestions ^^

I'd be happy to upload the house to the gallery if you want to take a look at it!  I do appreciate the interest.  Edit:  Shared under the name Knethen Dynasty House.  Searching for Knethen should find it.  You'll even get to see the very first form of Kell!  He looks a bit different.

Just a thought, if you leave Ali's urn on a table/bench etc the ghost can't visit or if they do they glitch out. That's why I keep mine just on the floor. (Might be different for you but it REALLY sucks when even the ghost gets taken out of your game so I thought I better mention it.)

re: building. Look online for some real life house plans that you like then use those as a guide for your sims homes.

Second thing first:  The house I have actually is based off of a floor plan for a house I liked, heh.  The problem is that a house which is more than large enough for normal people is waaaay too small for sims.  I did bump up the scale a bit, but its still pretty tight.  Also, I'm pretty happy with how the house looks, but if I can tear out the walls and such to remake it in a more efficient way that would be great.

http://www.dreamhomesource.com/house-plans/dhs/collections/3-story-house-plans/dhsw66285.html  (link to the house)

So, Ali's ghost is actually at the house right now.  Is it safe to move her urn while she's here, or should I wait for her to go back in and hope for the best?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2014, 01:29:24 AM »
Umm... about moving the urn. I don't know! I think maybe leave it... but save your game first so that if it all goes wrong you can beg The Team to allow you to return to the unglitched save. You can safely move urns etc when the ghosts aren't there. I've done that often, but I've never moved an urn while the ghost was visiting.

About planning. If you take a screenshot of the entire ground floor plan, birds eye view, I can have a think about layout for you if you like. I agree, Sims do need big open spaces or otherwise playing is difficult and taking screenshots get stuck in wall-down mode which never looks as pretty as walls-up.

*edit, sorry... just saw the link  ::) Looking at it now.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2014, 01:33:36 AM »
Umm... about moving the urn. I don't know! I think maybe leave it... but save your game first so that if it all goes wrong you can beg The Team to allow you to return to the unglitched save. You can safely move urns etc when the ghosts aren't there. I've done that often, but I've never moved an urn while the ghost was visiting.

About planning. If you take a screenshot of the entire ground floor plan, birds eye view, I can have a think about layout for you if you like. I agree, Sims do need big open spaces or otherwise playing is difficult and taking screenshots get stuck in wall-down mode which never looks as pretty as walls-up.

*edit, sorry... just saw the link  ::) Looking at it now.

I've got it saved with her out an about.  I'll wait and see if she returns to it properly.

I've got the household up on the gallery now under Knethen Dynasty House if you want to take a look at it in-game.  And thanks!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

anything