Author Topic: The Knethen Immortal Dynasty  (Read 63270 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Knethen Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 11:41:23 PM »
Playalot is right dethdukk, you have such a great plan and I'm sure with the time you have it will be no problem finishing it. Nick grew up gorgeous and what a fantastic trait set for story telling! Can not WAIT to see what you are going to do next.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 03:04:06 PM »
@Playalot, KTK10 - You both keep referring to this "plan" thing.  I wish I knew what it was, it sounds important. 

In seriousness though, when I started this Dynasty I had Kell's first 2 reward purchases, his two aspirations, and his career planned out.  I had a plan to make Nicolas an artist (thus the creative aspiration) and now that he's rolled out Evil on his traits, that creative aspiration is unlikely to be used for either of his aspirations or career.  Maybe I'll take advantage of it for his Museum pieces, heh.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 09:40:08 PM »
LOL. I love how this game keeps throwing us all curveballs - makes it far more interesting to play!

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 11:32:19 PM »
Chapter Seven - Homework

I thought about what to call this chapter, as I sorted through my screenshots.  I feel I chose the word most fitting.

Homework.
Ali:  So you know that the sum of the inside angles of a four sided shape will always add up to 360 degrees.  To figure out the angle of the third corner, you have to subtract the total of the other three from 360.

More homework.
Kell:  Did I tell you about the awesome fish I caught?  It was worth $150!  It was THIS big!
Nick:  Dad, go away.

Still more homework.
Kell: Hey kid you've got something on your face.  Right there.  On your cheek.
Richard:  Go away dad.

Painting and Trolling.
Kell:  What are you up to Nick?
Nick:  Correcting some people on the internet dad.
Kell:  Good job son.

Reading.
Kell:  The old King knew that the young Prince would be very brave when he grew up, and that he might want to help the Kingdom by hunting all the monsters.

Kell:  So to protect his son, he captured all the monsters in the kingdom.

Painting again.  Well done Kell.  It looks like...  a red eyeball?
Kell:  No, a fireball.  I was inspired by the card game I played, Tragic:  The Spending.
Well, it's the first masterpiece completed this dynasty.  Congratulations.

Fighting...
James:  Hey Olivia, duck!

Olivia:  Oh, why would you...   It's all over my clothes now!

Eric:  What's going on in here?
Olivia:  He threw a drink at me, its all over everything.
James:  Yes, this worked out perfectly!  I feel fantastic!
Eric:  Hm...  Go clean up dear, I'll have a word with Kell I think.

Nick:  Ah, it's nice to get out of the house for a while.  Enjoy a game of chess.
Brooklyn:  I saw you cheat!  You said something about an alien abduction and then flipped the pieces!
James:  Blah blah blah blah!  Blah blah blah!

Alexandria:  And seriously, your outfit?  Why don't you wear something other than black.  Maybe grow a personality while you're at it you dweeb.
James:  You DARE to mock me?

James:  Ha!  Well with that wrapped up, I think its time to head home.
Too bad we haven't gotten to the have fights while angry part of your aspiration.
James:  Not going to complain about my behavior?
You still have your aspirations to finish.  I'll say something at some point, but I'm waiting for the proper time.

Alice:  You!  How dare you attack my daughter!
Nick:  Whoh, I was just having a little fun...
Alice:  A little fun!  You dumped a cup of slushie on her!
Hm... looks like getting home might take him a bit.  I'll go check in on the others.

Aw.  You guys are always so cute.  What say we go for a midnight fishing trip?
Kell:  I'm in.  I've been worried about our supply of Angelfish.  Ali?
Ali:  Sure!  I'm always in the mood to fish.

*Yawn*  Well that was a long night.  Anything good?
Kell:  Well I caught this $150 Salmon. 
Hm, not bad...
Kell:  And three Angelfish. 
That's more like it!  How about you Abi?

Ali:  This $100 Bass, and one Angelfish.
Hm.  Looks like luck is on the side of the rookie today.  Well done Kell.

Homework.

And Extra Credit.

Kell:  So the young prince made plans to hunt the monsters in the swamp, but he didn't realize that the old King already had.
Nick:  And once I find the Criminal Masterminds in this city, I can learn from them!

Ali:  Nick, your father hunted down all the Masterminds in this city a while ago.
Nick:  Daaaaad, you're messing up my evil plans!
Kell:  The young prince was mightily disappointed.
Richard:  *giggling*

And cook one more meal.  Congratulations on purchasing your first reward Nick.  May you never sleep again.
Nick:  Then why am I so tired... 
Well, maybe just this once.  Just because you don't get tired doesn't mean you aren't already.  Sleep well, you've got a lot of work ahead of you.

Post-Story Story:

I'm having about as much trouble with the deviance aspirations as I thought I would.  Even as I fight with the Spencer-Kim-Louis family I feel really bad.  I feel better when I remember that Nick is both Insane and Evil, and from his point of view really isn't doing much wrong.  Or at least, that's the way I envision it. 

I'm thinking I'll put Nick back on the backburner for a couple days though.  He has plenty of time to finish his aspirations, and while I am certain I have plenty of time with Kell I want to get all his requirements done now, so if something bad happens in the future I have time to fix it.  As of right now, I'm waiting for a spliced plant to grow so I can harvest it.  I have plenty of Angelfish, and enough potions of youth to make 4-5 Ambrosias.   I think I'll keep all the ingredients on Kell, and just make them as I need them.

200 romantic socials is a lot.  I am realizing that now.  You can only have like seven actions qued up at a time, so you have to fill the que a minimum of around 30 times to finish it, and Ali/Kell keep walking away from the conversation.  I'm glad I handled it while playing secret agent, at least the socials are serving more than one purpose.

Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2014, 01:36:42 AM »
James face when he said this   "Yes, this worked out perfectly!  I feel fantastic!" was just priceless, makes me want an insane evil sim! What a great screenshot.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 09:45:15 PM »
Love James and Nick - I know that you are finding it difficult to play the aspiration, but it really is a great story line, so hang in there!  :D

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2014, 10:06:10 PM »
Chapter Eight
Welcome back!  So I said I was going to focus more on Kell, and I did.  But, watching Kell make 40 group meals is boring, so instead you get to find out what Nick was up to in his time off!

Getting fancy in there.
Kell:  Hah!  Gotta do something to keep from getting bored.  I've been cooking all day. 
Days, actually.  Fun to watch though.
Kell: That's simple stuff, watch this!

Did you just catch that knife with another knife.
Kell:  And spun it around the blade too, yup.  How cool is that?  Oh one more trick, hang on...

How is that staying in the pot exactly?
Kell:  Sheer powers of awesome.  And centrifugal force.
I don't think that's actually possible...  whatever.  So on to business, how are you feeling?
Kell:  Not great watcher.  My elder birthday is coming up soon, and well...  I have the feeling that Ali is going to pass away soon.  I'm not sure what I'll do without her.
Your kids still need you Kell.  And their kids, and theirs.  You'll be alright, it just takes time.  Wait...  there's someone at the door...   Oh!  I recognize her!  Kell go let her in.
Kell:  Her?  Her who?
I don't remember her name, but she's an acquaintance of your son, that's all.

Hey Nick, what are you up to?
James:  I'm sending out chain emails...  every one I send makes me a little more hated.  It's like fighting with people from home, I love it. 
That's....  good actually.  I'm glad I don't have to sit through as many fights!  So you've got a visitor.
Nick:  I do?  Who?
Oh fine, hang on I'll figure it out...  Victoria.
Nick:  Nothing comes to mind.
She's one of two people at the park that you didn't insult yesterday.  Apparently she thought you were interesting because she just showed up at the house.

Hello there Victoria.  What are you up to there?
Victoria:  Oh!  I didn't realize this household had a Watcher.  I'm sorry, I just saw the book out of place and I had to get it...
No worries dear, I appreciate it.  The bookshelf is in the office down the hall.  Do you mind if I call you Vicky?

Vicky:  No that's fine.  Most of my friends call me that anyways, they say my normal name is too serious for me. 
Oh good!  Nick is waiting in the living room.

Nick:  So have you seen the new episode yet?
Kell:  *quietly* Well Watcher?
Well what?  You're the secret agent, do some research.  But yes, she has my vote.

Nick and Vicky:  *imitating character*  Whatdya MEAN it doesn't look safe!  *laughter*

Kell:  And then I'll take over the world!  Muahahahah!
Nick:  Dad you aren't even doing it right.  And you're embarrassing.

Vicky:  Hey Nick.  *shove*
Nick:  What are you...  quit it!

Vicky:  *shove, poke, prod*
Nick:  Would you stop! *breaks into laughter*
Kell:  *quietly*  Hm...  I think she has mine too.

Taking a liking to gardening?
Nick:  I can see why mom does it.  It's very...  focusing.  Watcher, I need your help.
I'll do what I can.  Whats up?
Nick:  I like Vicky a lot.   She's so trusting, so playful.  I want to hang out with her more, but I'm afraid that I'll mess it up.  Or that James might hurt her.  I am okay with family, but when its anyone else I have trouble keeping him out.  And sometimes I want to be mean to people too.
I understand.  I'll promise to help you keep control if you'll promise to talk with your parents.
Nick:  I will Watcher.
Then we have an accord.

Ali:  I'm glad you came to me first dear, it means a lot.  But you should talk with your father.  When we first met, I really wasn't interested.  He was kind of scrawny, and he didn't even have a house!
Ah the old days...  When there was so much less work.  I remember them fondly.
Ali:  The only reason we ended up together was your father.  He was so motivated all the time.  I found his energy attractive, but even then I didn't really like him.  It's so hard to get over your built in traits.  But your father, he never gave up.  He was pretty forward about it too.  I suppose that in the end that's what won me over. 
Nick:  So...  I should just be forward?
Ali:  You should be yourself.  But be yourself like you are around family and friends, don't be James.  You should be confidant.  The watcher will help you with James, but in the end it's up to you.  He can't be there all the time, as I well know.

Nick:  Thanks so much Mom.
Ali:  I love you.  Go talk with your father.

Kell:  When Ali and I first met, she and I got along great.  She taught me on the exercise machine for hours before she found out about my Good trait, and then she wanted nothing to do with me.  I didn't know she was Evil at the time.  We'd been getting along so well it rather hurt when she turned on me.
Nick:  Mom said she wasn't interested at first.
Kell:  She understated it a bit.  I think she insulted me 5 times within our first hour of conversation.  But...  I couldn't keep her out of my mind over the following week.  I made a plan and invited her over, and fortunately won her over.
Nick:  How?
Kell:  By ignoring her insults, and convincing her that I liked her.  That first bit won't work for you though, Vicky isn't the problem you are.  Sorry kid, but I'm going to say it in plain terms.  If you treat her even a little bit like you treat others, she'll leave faster than you can blink.  I had a motivation and a reason to bear through it, she doesn't.

Nick:  Then...  There's no hope? 
Kell:  No, there's all the hope in the world.  If you really like her, then you'll control yourself.  I certainly hope you do, she's a lovely young woman.  Speaking of which, she'll be here in a couple hours, so you better get your homework done.
Nick:  Wait, what?  You invited her over?
Kell:  No point in waiting.  Besides, with all this encouragement today you should be fine.
I'm in agreement with Kell.  He's got stuff to do tonight though, so just you and me Nick.  Well and Vicky, but you get what I mean.

Vicky:  I'm going to make faces at you until you finish.
Nick:  Well I just finished.  What do you want to do?
Vicky:  Swim!  Your pool is nice, I saw it the first time I came.

Still just a teen boy.
Nick:  What?  I'm just getting a shot of my new swimtrunks.
Right.  Well I'm here if you need me.  Good luck.
Nick:  Thanks Watcher.

Vicky:  So you're working on the deviance aspirations?  Doesn't that bother you?
Nick:  Well...  No.  I find it pretty fun actually.  I know that the people I fight with don't enjoy it, so I try not to fight with my family. 
Vicky:  What about your friends?  Other people you care about?
Nick:  I don't know.  I never really had any friends, no one really likes talking with me.  Malcolm is an exception, but he's Evil too, so that's why we get along. 
Vicky:  Do you want to fight with me too?
Nick:  No!  I don't want to fight with you, I want to...  well...

*cheering in the background*
Nick:  I don't want to fight with you, I really like you.  I've thought about it.  You're the only person outside this household, other than Malcolm, that I like.  I want to give you this.

Nick:  Nothing serious, its just a promise, from me.  A promise that I'll never hurt you.

Chapter Eight End

Post-Story Story
So!  This was a lot of fun.  A lot of fun.  Maybe the most fun I've had while writing these chapters so far.

I discovered the "send chain mail" interaction!  Wow that makes the deviance aspiration so much easier.  I was kind of dreading having to fight with Eric and family again.  Apparently I'm alright with confrontation and being a dick as long as it's over the internet.  Wait...  I UNDERSTAND THE INTERNET NOW.

Next article.  So yeah, this story is more or less the way it happened in-game.  I didn't invite Vicky over the first time, she came over on her own.  She and Nick got along pretty fantastically.  I think it's her Childish trait.  I'm actually really happy with how it all turned out.

Kell is done leveling his cooking!  I went from cooking 6 and gourmet cooking 0 to 10 in each over the span of 1 sim day.  So.  much.  Cooking.  And in other news...

That's the last ingredient ready.  So I have to do 2 gold parties, make 8 museum items, and solidify my friends list.  I think I should be alright. 

Kell is one day from Elder now, and I just got the notification that Ali is about to pass away.  I think I've been avoiding playing due to that, it's hard to let her go.  Also, when I said I was 50 socials from finishing, I was mistaken.  I was actually 150 socials away, and now I'm about 80 away.  Kell might be skipping his birthday party in favor of time with his wife.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2014, 12:11:34 AM »
Been silent reader for a bit.  Lovely story!  I also cracked up during this last author note, particularly about understanding the internet XD So true!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2014, 01:16:39 AM »
Your founders spouse is always the hardest to say goodbye to. After that, well, it just gets easier.  :) A lovely story with Vicky and Nick, really lovely.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2014, 02:49:17 AM »
Vicky is gorgeous, and I really love Nick's character.. I can understand about not wanting to play as you know Ali is going to die soon.. but I know that Kell is going to be fine.. Really nice writing  ;D

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2014, 09:07:17 AM »
Thanks everyone!

@Shewolf - So I got done writing that sentence, and thought wait...  I wonder if this is how people on the internet really feel.  This makes so much sense. 

@Playalot - I certainly hope it gets easier!  If I slow down every time a spouse is about to pass, I might never finish.

@KTK10 - I enjoy Nick.  He's mean, he's a jerk, he's probably one of worst Sims I've ever played, but he has a redeeming quality, and that's his refusal to hurt the people he likes.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2014, 09:43:51 AM »
Thanks everyone!

@Shewolf - So I got done writing that sentence, and thought wait...  I wonder if this is how people on the internet really feel.  This makes so much sense. 
Actually that feeling is the plain truth why a fair amount of people troll, hate and send threatening messages online.
It feels anonymous so they don't have to think about how people would feel in real life if they were to do that.

I hope things will work out for you and Kell and Nick gives you no more issues.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2014, 09:19:03 PM »
@Margerita Truthfully, I think I'll have a lot of fun playing Nick now.  It took a little bit to get past what I consider the distasteful part of the aspirations, but I've actually been wanting to try a criminal career sim for a long time (I kept failing to do so because I couldn't get past the aforementioned issue).  Also, it's been a ton of fun finding out all the mischief interactions.

Update should be up later tonight!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2014, 10:38:13 PM »
Chapter Nine – Back to the grind

Alright guys!  Hopefully you all are alright with a little less story building this time around.  I got a huge amount of work done, but unfortunately I was so focused that I may have forgotten to take a lot of screen shots.  I've got ideas planned for next chapter, but for now you get NOTHING.  YOU LOSE.  GOOD DAY SIR.  -.-

Your birthday today, eh Kell?
Kell:  Yeah.  There's a lot that I'll miss, but I think the one I'll miss most...

Kell:  My back.  Man that smarts.  *Sigh*  What do I do without Ali watcher?
I'm so sorry Kell.  I wish I could make her an immortal too, but I can't.  Not if you want to finish this Dynasty.  I'll make you a promise though.  When we do finish, I'll bring her back for you.

Kell:  Looks like I win again dear.  Didn't even need to cheat this time. 
Ali:  Gah!  Looks like you finally learned how to play.  Kell I have something I want to tell you.  Would you come to the pool with me?

Kell:  This is the arch from our wedding...
Ali:  I know this is hard for you Kell.  It's hard for me too, letting go.  But you need to, you've put so much work into this...  WE have put to much work into this for you to quit now.

Kell:  I know.  I promise that I'll make it.  I promise we'll be together again.

Ali:  I know you will.  Now get back to work.

Got the gold House Party...

And the Dinner Party.

Thanks again Vicky.  You've been a blessing.
Vicky:  My pleasure...  no really, it was gross in here.

Oh!  Um, congratulations!  If I'd known it was your birthday I'd have had Kell throw you a party.
Vicky:  It's alright Watcher.  I don't really like strangers.

Vicky:  I've gotta go guys.  Bye!
Nick:  You were right mom, this does help a lot.
Ali:  Experience dear. 

Ali:  I find it makes it easier to garden if I focus my mind with some chess first.  Makes it easier to concentrate on what I need to do. 
Nick:  That makes sense, I just have one question...  How do I play?

Well, looks like I wasn't entirely wrong.
Richard:  What are you talking about Watcher?
A while back I predicted that your brother would be a Painter.  I may have been mistaken on that.  You, however...  you will be known by everyone.  Benefits of being a Perfectionist.
Richard:  Will I still be able to work outside?
When you are working at home, certainly.

Ali, what did I say about that.
Ali:  Watcher, I have lived a long life.  I have seen my sons grow up, my husband is almost an immortal, and I have finished my Aspiration in life.  If I want to do some reps, you have no right to stop me.
Alright!  Fine.  Have it your way.

I'm sorry I missed your birthday.
Nick:  I'd be angry, but my bacon prank at school went perfectly.  If I'd had my birthday I wouldn't have had a chance to try it.  Definitely looking forward to doing some reps tonight though!
You are indeed Ali's son.

New garden!  I put it in for Ali to enjoy for a while.
Ali:  I definitely have!  It's much easier to stay focused in here now, and I don't have random people trying to talk with me when I want to be alone.  Well, except those Kell brings in *pointed cough*

What are you up to Kell?
Kell:  Looking at some of the plants Ali's made through this Microscope.  It's amazing what you can see.

Why don't you save some images?  We'll use them for the museum.
Kell:  Hm, that's a good idea.  I couldn't decide what I wanted to put in, and these should work well!

Nick:  Doesn't that bore you?
Richard:  No, I actually enjoy it a lot.  Fresh air, and hours of nothing but exploration of the painting.
Nick:  I did that so much when I was younger.  I never did get it. 
Richard:  That's because you were trying to make a painting.  I don't make them, I find them.  I look at mom, at dad, at you, and I find the painting in each of you.  Maybe one day you'll understand.

Congratulations Kell.  It was a long road, but you've made it.  Now its up to Nick.
Ali:  I knew you could do it.
Kell:  I knew we could make it together.  I love you Ali.

Time for your first day of work.  Break some legs James.
James:  I plan to.

My last play session I got sucked into the game pretty badly.  I had a bunch of important events coming up, and Ali's impending death was affecting my decisions as to where Kell should make friends (didn't want to leave the house), etc.  Forgot to take screen shots at times, all that jazz.

I got my "put things in order" message for Ali at least 5 days ago now.   Richard aged up, Nick aged up (at school, I didn't see the notification for his birthday...) and Kell has been working hard on finishing his last requirements.  Ali is still alive!  I actually got seriously worried she'd managed to get to the Ambrosia I stored away in a closed room.  She's had the sparkley bar since 2 days before Richard aged up, and she's still going strong.  If anything, she looks better than she did when she first turned into an elder.  I'm actually getting worried that there's a game glitch in here somewhere and she's not going to die.  Natural Immortal anyone?

So something that I found while playing, something that I assume everyone knows already but it's awesome enough I want to make sure.  Married Sims can go to a wedding arch and "renew vows".  It gives a +3 happy moodlet for 48 hours.  It's insane.  And amazing. 

Richard, in case it isn't obvious, rolled Perfectionist.  He already had his Loves Outdoors, which to me means he's a Painter.  So with the painting aspiration, and a true disdain for the way the school system works, he has dropped out to have more time perfecting his skills.

Nick has started into his Criminal Career.  The boost to starting tier due to having gotten through school with an A is nice.  He skipped most of the mean parts of the career requirements, and should get to level 4 (an aspiration requirement) on his first day of work. 

Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2014, 11:16:11 PM »
Congratulations on your first immortal  ;D

Loved this: Made me laugh out loud! Really!
"Time for your first day of work.  Break some legs James.
James:  I plan to."

I also really enjoyed your depiction of Richard and his 'finding' of paintings in each of us LOL Great update, not least of all because of Kell's immortality. Woo!

anything