Author Topic: The Knethen Immortal Dynasty  (Read 63269 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Knethen Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #240 on: September 09, 2015, 02:13:07 AM »
I felt sorry for Nick, seeing his alien nooboo being sent back to Splork. Love the teens taking selfies and breaking the hospital's machines! lol The alien that keeps getting sick is quite a catch! Pity you don't need any more male spouses. Great to see Pierre in the house, he's perfect for Nirian though and RIP Myra, it had to happen I guess.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #241 on: September 25, 2015, 06:54:37 PM »
Getting closer and closer to the end!  I just got caught up.  Don't rush it as I love the side stories you bring in.  Never played a doctor before so that stuff is really interesting to me.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2015, 11:16:28 AM »
That shot of Nirian feeling ill make me wink slyly - maybe she and Pierre have been having some hanky-panky on their dates?  ;)

I know how it is with some Watchers - they love to impregenate the women before they get hitched so they can get the heirs born ASAP. I enjoyed reading the recent chapters, so many aliens in them. I wish you luck on the home stretch.

= From a Former Simmer, now retired due to my computer being a jerkwad and filling up my memory to the brim with unknown causes =
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2015, 04:27:03 PM »
Hey guys!  Sorry for the loooong delay between posts... I kind of burned myself out on the sims, and the dynasty in particular.  While I can't say I've regained interest in my dynasty just yet, I do have other news that may interest some people! 

Firstly, I'd like to catch everyone up on where my dynasty is at.  I did do a bunch of it without posting story, as my story was slowing me down quite a bit, and I wanted to just get it finished.  Sadly, I still haven't, but as of right now my Gen 7 is a teen.  When I do start playing it again, I'll start posting story again.  I do regret having stopped making the story, but as I said it was taking me longer to do story than it was to play the dynasty!  Hopefully I'll be ready to play and finish it when my other project is done. 

Now, for the news that might interest you more:  I'm going to be playing my modified ID challenge, the Double-Time Dynasty, or DTD.  This is basically a faster, but MUCH harder version of the ID.  Rules for this challenge can be found here:  http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,24210.0.html

I'll be posting a story for that as I go.  It probably won't include as much story-building, simply because I'll be too busy trying to beat the challenge!  I will, however, be sharing my strategy and any neat tricks I find in the new expansion content.  So hopefully the game knowledge and general strategy I'll be posting will make up for the lack of puns.  Guess we'll see! 

Hope to see some of you there, and thanks for all the support on this one!  I'll post a link to the new story as soon as I've got it up and running.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2015, 10:27:26 PM »
Quick update with the URL of the DTD challenge story:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,25349.0.html
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2015, 12:36:36 AM »
Chapter Fifty Four

Hey guys!  So I know I said I wouldn't be posting chapters until after my DTD...  well I lied a bit.  I wanted to get a Christmas chapter up, and it seemed like a good time to cover where I'm at in the ID anyways.  So, quick update of where I'm at!  Nirian is about 1/3rd through adult, and is 1 work day from maxing out her career.  I still need to finish her friends, 1 party, and her museum pieces, but that's it.  My Gen 7 is about 3-4 days into teen, and is named Divya.  Speaking of which...

Hello Divya!  How have you been?
Divya:  Oh, hey there Watcher!  It's been a while since you've been around.
Yeah, even Watchers have to take a break every so often.  How's everyone been?
Divya:  Oh, pretty well.  Everything seems to come to a stop when you're not around really.
Yeaaaah... so it's just about Christmas, you guys got anything planned?
Divya:  Well, not too much...  just a day hanging out with the family.

Divya:  Hey mom.  Watcher's back around.
Nirian:  Took him long enough!  I've been wanting to finish my career for ages!
Sorry, sorry...  No offense, but it gets kind of boring after 7 generations of the exact same thing.  Nice tree though.

So Kell, what's the plan for the family gathering?  Nice to see you again by the way, I've missed you.
Kell:  Oh, nothing much... Watch TV, chat... maybe play some chess. 

Hm...
Divya:  I know that hm.  What are you thinking Watcher?
That chess and TV sound way too boring.  I think I'm going to get you guys some presents for Christmas.
Divya:  Should I be worried about this?
With how competitive this family is?  Absolutely.

So what do you guys think?
Kell:  This is pretty fun!  Why didn't you ever get one of these before?
They're... Fairly new.  For you guys anyways.  On another note, spinning the handles like that is cheating...
Divya:  And?
Oh right, family of cheaters.  My bad, carry on.

Pierre:  As awesome as this game is Watcher...  it only holds 4 people, and there's 8 people in the family.
Which is why I just put up that dart board behind you, that should take care of the rest of you.

Pierre:  Welp... looks like we're no match for the girls eh Kell.
Kell:  Speak for yourself, I'm pretty sure our offense was just too weak.
Pierre:  Oh?
So uh... sorry to interrupt, but Divya has to head to school
Divya:  Aww, c'mon Watcher!  I want to try the dart board!
You know the rules.  No missing school days, no matter the occasion.

Pierre:  You know Kell, what you said in there, that sounded like a challenge.  Sounds to me like you just don't want to recognize your poor play.
Kell:  You think so do you?

Pierre:  Lets to a 1 on 1, I'll be happy to trounce your sorry ass.
Kell:  You're on!  Just mind you don't cry when you lose.

Pierre:  YES, first point!  Not looking too good for you old man.
Kell:  Grrrr....

You know, if you just stand there glaring at him instead of playing you're just more likely to lose...
Kell:  Oh bugger off Watcher.

Nick:  Whoop!  Wait, where...  did it... 
Kendrick:  Ha!  That counts as your throw, now move over...

Ken:  Bam, Bulleye!

Ken:  And another!  Not looking like your kind of game dad.
Nick:  That's a load of bull!  You had a chance to practice before I got back from work!

Kell:  Oh, Pierre...  Not looking to great for you now Son!

Kell:  And that's game point!  I'm pretty sure the youngsters would say "GET REKT SON"!
Pierre:  I!  You!!  AAARGH!
In the interest of everyone living through the night, I'm going to recommend we switch to something a little less competitive.

Kell:  So... how's this work?  We just pull sticks out?
Nick:  I think so...  well that's mine.  You're up dad.
Kell:  Hm... sounds rather easy.

Kell:  Just gotta give a little tog on this one here... whoh... whoh!
Nick:  Haha!  Rather easy huh?
Nirian:  Little too confidant from that game with Pierre I'd say.

Kell:  Eesh... That's a bit of a mess. 
Loser sets up the next round and takes first turn.

Kell:  Hah!  Well it's pretty easy when non of the pile's missing yet!

Welcome back Divya.  How was school?
Divya:  Got my A!  Guess it's time to start working on my Aspirations?
Eh, enjoy the rest of the day.  We've got plenty of time.

Nirian:  Oh, dangit.  This thing is way more fragile than you'd thing...
Alright guys, well... Hope you enjoy the new games, that's all I've got time for.  I'll be back.
Kell:  Hopefully it doesn't take you till next Christmas!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2015, 12:42:56 AM »
This was just the most fab chapter! I've missed these guys. So nice to see all the new items and your sims cheating their way to winning having a blast.  ;D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2015, 05:29:42 AM »
I follow a Divya on Twitter :-) she's this awesim teenager from Indian who is obsessed with LifeSimmer lol she also has super Twitter skills! I've seen her favourite, retweet and reply within seconds of a comment being directed at her O_O I hope your Divya turns out just as skilled!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #248 on: December 27, 2015, 12:07:21 AM »
Whoa, dethdukk, your Gen7 becoming a teen means that she'll be a young adult in a few more sim weeks, which means Gen8!!!!
"Waves my pompoms
Nick will always be one of my favorite sims and Divya is gorgeous (like her mom).
You go dethdukk, you're so close to the end!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #249 on: December 30, 2015, 05:34:55 PM »
Hang in there dethdukk, you are so close to the finish line!  Love the Christmas tree and gifts.  Looks like they all had a fun day.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
  • Boom works, so does Rowan!
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2016, 04:46:57 PM »
Dethdukk,

I've really been enjoying your characters so far! I think Nick is the funniest, and my favorite to date. I'm excited to see the end of this story, when it gets here.  ;D

-Bo0mBo0m

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
« Reply #251 on: June 03, 2016, 03:20:24 PM »
I LOVE this story! All the characters are so well written, and it doesn't feel rushed (which is a weakness I have in my own writing)! Keep up the good work!

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #252 on: October 02, 2016, 12:16:52 AM »
Sooo... been a while since I posted on this poor abandoned story.  Want to get some sort of update out on it anyways.  I'm unsure if I'm going to finish this one.  It's a hell of a journey, and even being just 1 gen away from finishing, it still feels like (and is) a huge time sink. 

I'm going to get back into Sims with the new city living, so depending on how the dynasty rules handle the new expansion I may continue this then, but for now I think its time to retire this thread.  It's been a good 4 months since the last post (more even since the last story post), and almost a year since I was really working on this. 

Thanks for all the support guys!  I hope to do more Sims stuff, maybe a new story, with the expansion, but we'll see how that goes in October.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #253 on: October 02, 2016, 02:55:10 PM »
Awwww.  Now I'm sad.  I was so excited when I saw you had posted and had hoped it was a continuation of this really great story.  Ah well.  I totally understand.  After awhile it gets to be a bit of a slog, doesn't it?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #254 on: October 02, 2016, 03:17:01 PM »
Oh come on, dethdukk, you're on your final generation!
imho, you don't need to force yourself to take screenshots the post elaborate updates until the end!
Just speed run through it, grace us with a final group shot, then take your well-deserved place in the Hall of Fame!

After all your hard work and the wonderful entertainment you provided, I'd hate to see your dynasty just fade like dust. :-(