Author Topic: The Knethen Immortal Dynasty  (Read 72663 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Knethen Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2015, 09:13:13 AM »
Oh Kett is just too precious for words! I love how shy he is and how is talks himself out of asking Myra. LOL

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2015, 02:52:14 PM »
Great chapter. I say Kett should take a chance, risk a little after all a broken heart doesn't really kill ya, just feels that way!  ;) Someone wise told me that, think his name was Winston...
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2015, 09:05:35 PM »
@oshizu Thank you!  I've been enjoying it so far, tho it's taking them a while to get my accounts set up.  Ah well.  And yeah, Kett is the stereotypical geek I think, heh.

@KTK10 Poor guy!  If only he'd been born self-assured instead of a genius.

@Playalot Well with Myra it doesn't appear he's going to have much choice!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2015, 11:55:01 PM »
Chapter Thirty Nine

Myra:  Good to see you Kett!

Myra:  So what do you do for work?
Kett:  I'm doing some programming work for an electronics company currently.
Myra:  Oh, that's pretty cool!
Kett:  Yeah, I do have to say that it's got some long hours though. *stretch*

Smooth.

Myra:  I certainly thought so.

Kett:  So um... Myra, I was wondering... Would you want to be my girlfriend?
Myra:  Well...  It's pretty quick.

Myra:  But yes, I think I'd like that.

Kett:  Let's go to my house, you can meet my family.

Kett:  Mr. Knethen!
Ray:  Younger Mr. Knethen!
Kett:  I want you to meet Myra.  She's my girlfriend!

Ray:  Well congratulations Kett!  And you too... Myra, was it?
Myra:  Thanks Mr. Knethen.
Ray:  Call me Ray.  Say...

Ray:  Do I know you?  You look... familiar.
Myra:  Um...  Not that I can think of offhand.
Kett:  Hey, I've got some work to do, I'll be back in a bit...  if that's alright?
Myra:  Yeah, I'll be here.

Ray:  Hey I remember now!  You're that pyro I arrested years ago!
Myra:  That was you?  Oh geez, I'm sorry, I totally didn't remember you...
Ray:  Oh no no no, my son is NOT dating a criminal.  I'm going to go have words with that boy.
Myra:  Wait, I haven't done anything since...  and he's gone.
Ugh, sorry Myra...  This family tends to overreact... a lot.  You alright?
Myra:  Well, I guess we get to find out just how Kett feels about it.

Ray:  You're dating a criminal!?!
Kett:  Well, I didn't know about it till now, but...  I suppose so.

Ray:  No.  You're not.  I won't allow this, you're to break that off immediately.  I won't let you ruin your life just because you were chasing a cute girl.

Kett:  Excuse me?  You won't LET me?  You don't have a vote in the matter.  Advise me all you want, but in the end it's MY decision.  You're my father, not my owner.
Ray:  And as your father, I'm telling you...

Kett:  NOTHING.  I appreciate that you're worried about it, and that you think you're just doing what's best for me.  But no, I love Myra and will be staying with her.  You can either decide to accept that and learn that Myra is actually a good person, or you can continue to dislike her just because she got arrested once.  But whether or not I continue dating her is something you have absolutely no control over.

Ray:  ...  I'm sorry for being so aggressive about this.  Listen, I understand that it's your choice, and whatever you decide, I'll be both happy for you, and with you.  You know I just want to do well by you.
Kett:  I know.  I love you dad.

Ray:  Love you too kid.  Lets go back in, I think I have an apology to make.

Ray:  Myra, listen...  I reacted really poorly there, and I just want to say I'm sorry.  If you and my son are happy together, then I'm happy for you both.

Myra:  Truthfully, that wasn't the worst reaction I've ever gotten... and I did try to say that I straightened up after that first (and only) arrest.
Ray:  Well, in the interest of maybe starting a better relationship, are you at all interested in chess?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2015, 12:22:38 AM »
Yay, you tell him, Kett.  And great of Ray to back down and apologize.
Myra is extremely pretty!  Her red hair and Kett's orange hair are so striking together.

Also, I like how your sims spend so much time in the pool! I wish mine hung out more in the pool.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2015, 12:35:51 AM »
Haha! That awkward moment when you realize everything is not as it should be! lol Classic!  ;D Myra really is very pretty...and Kett is rather cute. Hmm, hope there's going to be blueboos!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #186 on: May 20, 2015, 01:55:36 AM »
Go Ray with the overreaction! Love the tie in with his job  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2015, 05:31:59 AM »
Flame haired Myra was an arsonist? Who would have though? Lol. Great development between Kett and Myra =D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline CiaraCarter

• Llama Wrangler
  • ^^Not a creepy, silent lurker any longer^^
« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2015, 05:45:34 PM »
 Small world haha, just like real life small town living. Glad Kett stuck up for his girl!

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2015, 09:14:11 PM »
@oshizu You go Kett!  Even if he's a little indecisive to start, at least he sticks to his guns once he's made one.

@Playalot Definitely one heck of a shock for Ray, eh ;P

@KTK10 Speaking of spouse planning, this one has been in the works for some time, heh.

@Nettlejuice She's actually the first arrest Ray ever made!  The one with the live fish on her person (I still have no idea where she was hiding that...)

@CiaraCarter Yeah, not many Sims around in my world currently unfortunately... the cullings are a pain.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2015, 01:18:39 AM »
Chapter Forty

Myra:  I'm pregnant!

Kett:  Oh wow...  that's so cool!  Guess we'll have to step up the wedding plans then.

Myra:  So is this normal for you guys?  Seems like everything is moving fast to me, but you all are totally taking it in stride.
Ken:  Yeah, we all got married and had kids basically right away...  Part of being in a dynasty I'd say.

Daniel:  Working as a policeman is really fun actually.  You get to talk with basically everyone around town, which gives me plenty of opportunities to practice my routine!

Amira:  Why didn't you become a Comedian?
Daniel:  I wanted to actually, but my dad wasn't exactly pleased with the idea.  And besides, working in the law enforcement field lets me help people, which makes me feel good!

Now Kell, remember...
Kell:  Stay on the platform, yeah yeah.  Never going to let that one die are you?
Seems unlikely.

Congratulations Kett and Myra Knethen!

Amira:  Hey Daniel, we didn't have too much time to chat before the ceremony... I was wondering if you're seeing anyone?
Daniel:  Actually, I'm not...  I don't suppose you'd be interested in changing that?

*mumblestillnotactuallyfeedingcakegrumble*

Amira:  Want to go to the telescope and *mumble mumble*

Amira:  Well, come on in...

Daniel:  Oh man, Ray's my boss, if he finds out...
Amira:  Well then hurry up and get in here!

Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #191 on: May 23, 2015, 02:22:53 AM »
Congrats Myra and Kett. I guess another blueboo is on the horizon, woo!  ;D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2015, 06:08:08 AM »
Congrats to Kett and Myra on the baby and wedding!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #193 on: May 23, 2015, 06:16:18 AM »
Thanks Play, Nettle!  I'm pretty excited about Gen 6 :D
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #194 on: May 23, 2015, 07:03:58 AM »
Chapter Forty One

Well... it's not the prettiest store... but it'll do for a start.
Amira:  For now!  I'll need to decide what I want to stock it with... just brought in some of the fruit from the garden for now.
I'm sure we'll be able to get the family to help out.  Everyone enjoys painting.  Well, you enjoy...  I've gotta get back to Myra, it's time for our new heir!
Amira:  Give her my best.

Oh dang I'm late...
Myra:  Not really, we just got here.  They're making Kett stay in the lobby, I'm not sure why.

Doctor:  Alright Mrs. Knethen, are you ready?
Myra:  As I'll ever be...

Machine:  *Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
Doctor:  Oh dear, that's not what I was looking for...
Put it back in!
Doctor:  Right right, hang on... alright this should put it back...

Machine:  *Shunk* *BeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEP Beep Beep Beep*
Myra:  URK
Doctor:  Alright, back to normal... aim a little lower...

Machine:  *Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
Doctor:  Whoops, still too high.
No wonder you didn't want Kett in here, he'd have killed you by now.  Maybe I'll even give him the chance when we're done here, assuming I HAVEN'T DONE YOU FIRST.
Doctor:  Now now, this is all well within normal operating procedures...  and now I know how to put it back!

Doctor:  There we go!  Smooth as a finely aged scotch.  Looks like you've got a lovely baby girl.  Have you come up with a name?
Myra:  Kett and I thought that if it was a girl we'd name her Nirian.

Looks like she's taken after Kett.
Myra:  She's beautiful.

Kell:  Welcome home little one.

I always love how you all come to see the newborn as soon as they come home.  Makes me all happy.
Ken:  How could we resist!

Myra:  Well, this is your granddaughter.  She's got your sons coloring, I wonder if she'll take any of my traits.
Ray:  Only if she's lucky.

Nick:  *grumbletoooldforthisgrumble*
You know, for all the complaining you do, you sure seem happy.
Nick:  Can't help it, she's too cute.

Nick:  Hehehe!

Nick:  Ack!  Pththha!

Daniel:  Oh hey Kett, is Amira around?
Kett:  Yeah, she's out by the pool.  I'll be back in a bit, need to finish with this graft.

Kell:  Hey, I remember this song!
They've only been playing it forever.
Kell:  I suppose, but we never have the radio set to this channel.
That's cause this channel sucks!
Kell:  Well I like it.
Yeah well... you're fat!  No seriously, go get on the treadmill, you've put on way too much cake around the stomach.

Huh.  Not bad Ken.
Ken:  Thanks Watcher!  Apparently everyone likes it.  Although I was kind of trying to get some practice time alone before I had to go to work...
Oh?  When does your day start?

Ken:  Right now!  Have a good day y'all.

Oh wow time flies when you're having fun.
Kett:  Hey Watcher.  Nirian just aged up!
I see that.  Welcome to the family Nirian.

Nirian:  I love the jungle gym!  This is so cool!
Glad you enjoy it, it's served pretty well for a number of generations now.
Nirian:  Say watcher, this jacket's a little heavy for summer...  do we have anything else?
Glad you asked!

Much better.
Nirian:  Thank you!

Post-story story:

Alright, been a while since I did a PSS (also I never realized that was the acronym till just now, and that's wicked).

Myra was a planned spouse from pretty much the moment Ray arrested her.  I did keep an eye open for other possibilities, but really... no one was even close.  Also, in case it's not obvious, she has pink eyes!  That was my ONE disappointment when it comes to Nirians genetics, I was really hoping I'd get those pink eye's into my dynasty genetics.

Amira finally has her boyfriend!  And store!  I was actually feeling pretty bad for how little I focused on her... she's been on one heck of an aspiration grind, but I think she's doing well enough that I can relax and do some storyline now.  Also not having to go to work with Ray each day helps.

Potions of Youth:  I have no idea if this is still an issue.  I have a ton of points saved up, and supposedly I only need about 90 potions from now till the end, but I am unsure how many I can actually buy... maybe I should just spend the points and be done with it, but I have an irrational fear that my game will glitch and eat them or something.

Kett's almost done with his 2 aspirations.  Needs one more level of Tech Guru, and 3 more levels of gardening along with a cow plant.  I'm working on the grafts I need to grow one now.  I was thinking about switching him into another career after I finish Computer Whiz, but I'm too lazy to be bothered.  Also I've played with the scientist career already so I don't care too much about it, and the doctor career is glitchy enough (or so I've heard) that I don't want to start it any later than I absolutely need to.

Ray needs 2 more parties, to get all his whims (I'm getting lazy on tracking those, I'm sure I've done all but like tense but I forget to write them down), and to make all his friends.  He's 1 day from elder now, so I'll be working on those shortly.  Oh, also his museum pieces.

I've given up on maxing out my museum, giving creative visionary to Kell instead of keeping it to share was a pretty big mistake on that front.  So, since I no longer worried overly much about that, I'm planning on using books, but they won't be bestsellers.  I only get about 1 bestseller out of 10 books written, and I don't feel like taking the time to grind them out.

On that note, if I was to redo this dynasty from the start, my shared traits would be:  Moodlet Solver, Great kisser, Creative Visionary, Potion of Youth, Marketable.  Since they changed Never Weary, I don't feel that it's worth it, unfortunately.  I would do either Gen 1 or Gen 2 as a writer for quick access to the Book of Life, as it's an amazingly powerful reward.  Even more so now that you can copy them!

I've been doing a bunch of aspirations to near completion.  There's a bunch of easily run aspirations that have a requirement that doesn't track while you're not in the Aspiration, or that Sims won't do on their own.  Examples:  Painting aspiration requires 5 masterpieces, but it won't count ones you make if the aspiration isn't active, so you won't complete it accidently.  The Musical aspiration requires you to mentor sims for 3 hours, which sims won't do on their own (or at least not that I've experienced yet!).  The collector aspiration requires you to get 25 collectables, which don't track while the aspiration isn't active. 

What else...  I'm out.  Can't think of anything else currently!  Feel free to ask any game play questions or whatever, I'm happy to share any knowledge I've picked up during my Dynasty.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

anything