Author Topic: Homegrown Townies  (Read 10506 times)

Offline dinodymo

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Homegrown Townies
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 12:20:29 PM »
Wow! You are doing great so far! Level 10 in gourmet cooking, normal cooking and aspiration completed!
I didn't fall! I simply attacked the floor with my awesome ninja skills!

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another. Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”
― Veronica Roth, Divergent

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 09:56:31 PM »
Wow! You are doing great so far! Level 10 in gourmet cooking, normal cooking and aspiration completed!

I would love to say that it was cheat free... but that would be totally wrong!  ;D I replenished his needs via the mailbox cheat a few times.. But it was so much fun! Thanks dinodymo

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 10:31:06 PM »
This week I'm going to be working with Tess Lockett on the Computer Whizz aspiration:

She is a Ambitious, genius geek, that I think has a hidden romantic side! She gets this gooey face every time she talks to other guys.. or is it lecherous?  haha

I had her join the Tech Guru career (of course)

Let's see how she goes!

Just as a side note. If anyone reading knows my failed Legacy Challenge, Tess is actually Karly Cloudbringer all grown up, I've just changed her hair and eye colour  ;D

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 02:56:30 AM »
Actually, it occurs to me that you could do something like this while running a legacy.  Just save the household to the gallery every time one of your Sims ages up.  You're already trying to max out the Sims anyways, so they'll be pretty well off when you save them.  Still, the challenge of running them from nothing to hopefully something, and the odds of forgetting them afterwards (I doubt I'll be forgetting my Dynasty Sims anytime soon heh) make starting from scratch better if you want surprises from them.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 05:50:17 AM »
@dethdukk - you are right! It's a great idea - but like you, I will always remember the traits of the sims I play for such a long time.

When playing this way, it's crazy how quickly you can forget some sims skills and not others. Like all the 'townies' I'm doing also have other skills too - but as they are not related to their aspiration I haven't added it to their stats.. which means if I get really desperate for a particular 'townie' and want to cheat by reading this post - I will not know for sure what other skills they have!

Keep the suggestions coming though - it's always helpful to have extra ways of adding townies to the mix. I can't wait for the new patch to come out.. am missing playing a legacy!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 02:51:03 AM »
It makes sense that it's Karly, I thought maybe you had made over her mother at first!

On dethdukk's idea... I recently pplaced an early save of the Foxes into a 'just for fun' game. It was soooo cool seeing teenage Kaiden etc running around everywhere.... and a young adult Jake.  ;D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2014, 08:32:48 AM »
@Playalot - Oh that must have been so nice! It makes it hard to go back into a game where they are either dead or gone though doesn't it..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2014, 08:37:28 AM »
I love Tess! She has such great expressions! lol
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2014, 09:32:48 AM »
I love Tess! She has such great expressions! lol

She does! Her eyes get so huge sometimes, I can't help but laugh!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 02:28:09 AM »
We have almost finished Tess's aspiration, she has only 3 milestones to go.. But these could take longer than expected. She is still 14 days out from her birthday, which is good. Unfortunately she has been doing a lot of this until I can afford more expensive stuff for her

But as (for some strange reason) she keeps getting the tense moodlet for not enough exercising (although she is no longer an active sim??) I need to constantly send her off for a jog or go to the gym

She loves the exercise part - but am beginning to think that she is not a 'people' person!

Hopefully she will finish up her aspiration soon without autonomously getting any enemies!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 03:27:01 AM »
She is hilarious! Gosh I totally love this sim! lol. In the first picture she so looks like Don! (Maybe that's where she gets her lecherous looks from? LOL )
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 12:24:46 PM »
She is hilarious! Gosh I totally love this sim! lol. In the first picture she so looks like Don! (Maybe that's where she gets her lecherous looks from? LOL )

She does doesn't she? I had never noticed it before you pointed it out!  ;D

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 09:55:01 AM »
Well being the micro manager that I tend to be.. it was a bit of a surprise when this happened:

Very unhappy Tess.. but very capable Thank Goodness!

Forgot that she didn't have much in the cooking skills.. whoops.. Then she got to level 5 of the Tech Guru Career and I thought that she looked like the coolest geek EVER!

These last pictures is of Tess finishing her final Tournament Game to complete her milestone.. Then I completley forgot to take photos of her drinking her Potion Of Youth  :o She was 9 days until Adult and level 5 of the Tech Guru Career

Last screenshot totally sums Tess up!

Next aspiration : Musical Genius.. I think that the next Sim might have themselves a bit of a love life this time  ;)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 04:15:08 PM »
So I changed my mind  :o Decided to go the Athletic route instead.. sorry! Please meet our gorgeous girl Alexandra Stout

I also thought that this time I would let my test subject have a bit of a love life, so Alex went off to the gym to see who was around

Yep, with eyes like those, who wouldn't want to talk to her? Especially if you are this guy?

Alex Loves the Outdoors, Active and a Bro... unfortunately...

I've got to say that she is also a bit sneaky

And extremely focused!!

Love her already!

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 09:56:15 PM »
Alex is incredibly beautiful! I don't know if you've already answered this, but are you planning on uploading these sims to the gallery?