Author Topic: Google Chromecast  (Read 10608 times)

Offline DEBZSIMZ

• Nooboo
Google Chromecast
« on: November 29, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »
Does Google Chromecast work on Sims 4? I am putting it on my Christmas wish list and want to know if anyone has used it to stream SIMS 4 from their laptop to a TV? And what the quality, and speed has been if so, any issues.  Thanks!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Google Chromecast
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 12:45:40 PM »
I'm modifying your post to remove all-caps in the title. And I'm also moving this to Technical Help.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 04:04:55 PM »
Hi Debzsimz,

I searched for more information on Google Chromecast and here's what I've found.

What Is Google Chromecast?
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/what-is-google-chromecast,news-17637.html

It does not stream your pc screen to a tv. It is designed to watch things like Hulu or Netflix on your tv sort of like a Roku box or an Apple TV.

If you want to play your game on the tv, you should be able to use an HDMI cable to directly connect your laptop to the tv - no streaming needed.

I hope this helps, and welcome to the forum :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 07:23:02 PM »
Hi Debzsimz,

I searched for more information on Google Chromecast and here's what I've found.

What Is Google Chromecast?
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/what-is-google-chromecast,news-17637.html

It does not stream your pc screen to a tv. It is designed to watch things like Hulu or Netflix on your tv sort of like a Roku box or an Apple TV.

If you want to play your game on the tv, you should be able to use an HDMI cable to directly connect your laptop to the tv - no streaming needed.

I hope this helps, and welcome to the forum :)

MrsFlynn

Well, not to misquote you MrsFlynn, but I have a chromecast and I use it often to stream from my computer to my TV. However, I've never done so with games, mostly just shows or youtube or pulling pictures up to show family members.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 11:07:42 PM »
Thank you for the clarification, LivvieLove. I went with the little knowledge I had about Chromecast and what I was able to find online.

MrsFlynn
==========
==========
Well, not to misquote you MrsFlynn, but I have a chromecast and I use it often to stream from my computer to my TV. However, I've never done so with games, mostly just shows or youtube or pulling pictures up to show family members.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 09:03:18 PM »
New info: boyfriend just confirmed that there is indeed, no way to play a game on the Chromecast unless (potentially) it is browser-based (like Runescape could potentially be played, he suspected, but we have no actual confirmation as such).

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 12:43:19 PM »
Debz, you can hook up a laptop/computer to the TV pretty easily with an HDMI Cable. Sadly that means it won't be wireless, but you can get a pretty long cable, say 15-20 feet, and it shouldn't be an issue.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lorde

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 04:22:41 PM »
well deb, i know that you can stream your desktop via chromecast. when you click the chromecast button on google chrome you should select share all your screen and after that you should open the sims 4 and try.

Offline BeefKaraage

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 06:00:03 PM »
ITS 2017!!!
Google Chromecast and SIMS 4 are not compatible with each other.. YES you can cast the whole DESKTOP but when you open the game itself, the whole TV screen is white..
BUT you can also use HDMI cables (better)