Author Topic: Not being able to invite certain sims to venues etc  (Read 7942 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Not being able to invite certain sims to venues etc
« on: November 27, 2014, 11:57:08 PM »
Is anyone else finding it a huge issue with not being able to invite sims to events or venues? As in they won't show up on the invite or travel to list?
I have two young adult siblings in separate households. Sim 1 had a wedding event at a venue. He lived with his partner before that. No matter which sim I used to plan the event, certain sims were never on the invite list, most importantly the grooms father and sibling, and also one of the brides siblings and also their good friends.
Sim 2 didn't have a wedding event, instead him and his now wife decided to get married at the nightclub I made and put a wedding arch in. I thought inviting people to travel and calling them to the lot would help make sure everyone was there for the wedding. So wife sim travels to the club, and chose people to go with. Except her partner wasn't on the list. He was in the house with her. So I thought never mind, I'll just bring him to the lot after she gets there. So then she calls sims that were not on the invite list, about three, but then it says "no-one can come". So then I try to "bring sim here" for the male sim, but that option wasn't there. So female sim calls him to come to the lot, and it says he is busy right now. Busy doing what? They were both at the house before female sim traveled, and he didn't have work until the next night. So then I switch to that sim, and make him travel to the club, where finally they got married.
I find it really annoying that you try to have a wedding and the people you really WANT to be at the wedding, like parents, siblings and good friends, don't show up on the invite list, yet silly townies that you randomly met once show up. I think the first people to be on the invite list should be family and friends. I'm not 100% sure if an event clashes with work hours, if that makes someone not show up or not. If so, it would be good if the invite list showed those conflicts somehow, maybe with a red box around the sims icon, with work hours or something ie sim is working between 11-7, at least you could plan an event and work around work hours (if that does in fact affect availability).
I know a lot of people don't care much for the whole wedding thing or who the guests are, but a lot of people role play with their game and like it to be realistic, and then there are those who do stories, too.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Not being able to invite certain sims to venues etc
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 12:45:24 AM »
I have had the same thing in my game with a sims brother, also his BFF, not being on any party invite list. While I found it quite annoying I didn't bother to find a work-around as it was in my legacy save file and I just didn't have the time to muck-around finding a solution.  It seemed really strange as they were BFF and obviously had a very high friendship level (green bar basically maxed out).  ::)
I noticed that the available sims would change as well. Again, not really sure what triggers the change as, like you say, often townies my sim hardly knew would be available to invite to parties while good friends were not on the list at all. Go figure!   ???
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Re: Not being able to invite certain sims to venues etc
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 03:01:24 AM »
Yeah, my male siblings that got married were BFF's. The casual wedding, my female sim invited her sister, who is also her BFF, but I don't think she actually showed up. By that point, I was over it and just had them get married regardless of who was there. I can understand the game generating some townie acquaintances when you first start a household and don't really have any friends to invite to a party, but they should generate the list based on friendship levels, highest to lowest. There were even sims on the list whose relationship was halfway through the red bar. Why would you invite a disliked sim over your BFF?