Author Topic: Making a sim miss work  (Read 9040 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Making a sim miss work
« on: November 26, 2014, 06:02:30 PM »
What happens if you cancel the "go to work" action? Will they still try to go later? I know that after an hour, I think, the boss tries to call you. What happens with their performance levels? Do they drop right down? What does that reward trait do that lets you miss work? Does it give you a random day off now and then, or can you use it to skip work when you want to?
I have a sim couple that I want to get married, and they both have careers but their work hours are very conflicting, they don't have a day off together, and no weekends.
Also, how does the game work as far as inviting other sims to an event that have jobs? Do they show up to the event or do they not come because they are working? I want all the family of both bride and groom to come to the wedding, but some of them work.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Re: Making a sim miss work
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 09:13:59 PM »
Their performance would drop but you could soon make it up again.  I have not had a sim miss work but I have had kids miss school - the game did it, not me. The teen did not drop from being an A.  Her performance bar went down a bit but she made it up in a day or so.

Sims in other houses do not really go to work when you are not there so I can't imagine it would be a problem for them to come to the event.  I haven't tried this, mind you.  My sims get married in their bathrooms.

Good luck with your wedding.  I am sure it will go fine.   ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 11:55:06 PM »
I know I have tried inviting sims over and it says "so and so is not available to visit right now" or something like that, and other times when I have clicked the "travel with" and it has had that weird sim namey thing come up, when I clicked on it, it says that sim is not available for travel now. So that was why I was wondering about guests. Didn't bother me with first generation wedding as she just invited friends, but my second gen is getting married and has parents and siblings and the in-laws and it wouldn't be right if family didn't turn up because they're "working".
I actually forgot that one of my teen sims missed school one day (wouldn't get off the piano), he was an A student and his grade didn't drop.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 04:30:43 PM »
Well I had another sim household get married, as I made a wedding venue I wanted to try it. It didn't matter who planned the wedding, bride or groom, but the groom's brother and father would not come up on the invite list. The groom is BFF's with his brother. There were also other friends who didn't come up on the list. The wedding was a disaster. My sim forgot to take the cake to the venue, so had to bake one at the venue. The caterer and musician did nothing (as usual). The bride's sister turned up in HER wedding dress as I forgot I had set her formal outfit for her wedding. The bride then had to cook food for her guests, too.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 04:42:07 PM »
That sounds funny and frustrating.  My friend and I talk over Mumble while we play and I remember her having a disastrous wedding where someone walked off with the cake and lots of things went wrong too.  She was pulling her hair out at her the end of the microphone and I was giggling uncontrollably just listening.  Still, she got some nice photos out of it. ;D

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 04:52:41 PM »
Yeah, it is frustrating and funny at the same time. I was trying to get some screenshots and the bride's elderly mother just wouldn't leave them alone, even though she kept doing the bladder dance. I was thinking just go to the bathroom, instead of photobombing all our wedding photos lol.
I think my next wedding I will make it more casual. I remodeled the nightclub into a tropical theme, so I will put a wedding arch in and just invite all the friends and family to the club like a normal outing, all the friends and family seem to show up on the "travel with" list.
I was reading on the sims forum and apparently sims not showing on your invite list do have something to do with whether it's their work hours, although I know both the groom's father and brother work later at night as they are both entertainers, and the wedding was about 11am.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 01:25:51 PM »
What happens if you cancel the "go to work" action? Will they still try to go later? I know that after an hour, I think, the boss tries to call you. What happens with their performance levels? Do they drop right down?

Yes, their performance level can go down and they can actually be fired.  Then it's days of sadness over being fired!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 05:17:57 AM »
If their work performance is high enough (that bar that shows if you're near a promotion) I hardly think one day of work will get them fired. The performance will drop, but it's not something unrecoverable. There was one time that the groom almost left before the wedding even started. He almost got to the edge of the lot when I had the work cancelled.

For the weddings, if you want everyone to be there then Travel With... is the best option. I had once done a wedding event where the groom planned the wedding, so he didn't know much about the bride's side. So there were no guests. I just had the bride invite them to hangout in the lot.

I believe there's also a cheat for parties to make more people come. These are random townies though I think.
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

anything