Author Topic: Secrets of the Starreinights (Please move to Graveyard)  (Read 4972 times)

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
Secrets of the Starreinights (Please move to Graveyard)
« on: November 19, 2014, 05:16:18 PM »
I know I was going to do an Immortal Dynasty on my laptop, and I still am.  But, I decided that I would try one on my main computer as well, and using the same starting Sim!  This is Secrets of the Starreinights, my attempt at writing down what goes on with the Dynasty on my main computer.

This is my starting Sim, Astara Starreinight.  Her distant ancestors knew immortality, but gave it up in order to stop an extremely bloody war.  Astara wants to find the secrets of her ancestors, up to and including immortality.

Her traits are Loves Outdoors/Creative/Foodie and her aspiration is Master Chef.

And this is my starting build.  Not very good, I know, but I can't get much better with only ten thousand simoleons.

I haven't started to actually play the file; I'll update this thread when I do!

UPDATE: I was able to play a day of the file.  Astara is at Cooking 3 and is most of the way done with the first quarter of the Master Chef aspiration!

ANOTHER UPDATE: Astara is now at Culinary career level 2, Cooking skill level 5, and done with the first quarter of her aspiration!

Offline Franki

• Occult
Re: Secrets of the Starreinights
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 09:23:48 PM »
Good luck and nice house so far
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 09:31:45 PM »
Wishing you luck, I will be reading along.

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 03:54:18 AM »
I got to play some more tonight, so here's an update.  Going down the list of requirements:

• Astara is now level 5 in the Culinary career; she's going to go for the Chef branch.
  • She is three-quarters of the way done with her Master Chef aspiration!  I haven't decided what the second aspiration is going to be; possibly Freelance Botanist?
  • Cooking skill maxed.  One of the other two will definitely be Gourmet Cooking, and I'm looking at Gardening for a potential for the third.
  • No rewards yet; I'm waiting to get some of the higher-priced social rewards.
  • No gold-medal parties yet either.  I did get a silver-medal Dinner Party, but silver isn't good enough for this challenge.
  • Nothing in the "good friends" category either.
  • Four of the seven emotional Whims are complete.  I used Inspired, Embarrassed, Confident, and Energized so far.
  • And finally, the museum hasn't even been built yet!

With 12 days until Adult, I think I'm doing OK here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 07:53:17 AM »
You are most certainly doing Ok. :) Master Chef is a popular one for the founder - I know I started with that one! :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 09:21:47 AM »
You are doing great PSDuckie!
My first founder was also a masterchef, it wasn't the cookin part that messed things up for him though.
My current founder is still doing cooking but will not do the career nor the aspiration to mix things up a bit.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 02:33:53 PM »
Going great guns. Looking forward to seeing your post declaring immortality.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 05:59:57 PM »
Going great guns. Looking forward to seeing your post declaring immortality.  :)

Well, this is not that post.  Don't worry, I didn't fail.

Now that I know how to transfer TS4 saves between computers, I have officially merged the not-yet-started laptop IDC with the IDC I've been posting about (said merge being accomplished by scrapping the laptop IDC).  No updates as far as objectives, but there are updates.

First of all, Astara has started working on both Gourmet Cooking and Gardening.  Second, and more important, I have picked out an intended spouse so that the Starreinight line can continue.  Astara and Maximus are at boyfriend/girlfriend status, and I am planning on going for a gold-medal Date before they tie the knot.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 10:15:38 PM »
Oh you are doing so well! Good luck with the date and wedding.. and maybe we can see some pictures of the wedding? *crossing fingers*  ;D

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 02:45:46 PM »
Oh you are doing so well! Good luck with the date and wedding.. and maybe we can see some pictures of the wedding? *crossing fingers*  ;D
I'll see what I can do.  Hopefully I'll get gold and remember to take pictures!

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 06:09:05 PM »
Well, I got that gold-medal Date.  Here's a picture from right after the gold-medal point:

Also, Astara is now engaged.  Hopefully I'll get a gold-medal Wedding for the second gold-medal party!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 11:40:13 PM »
Well done on the Gold Medal Date! That one is the most fun for me  ;) Good luck with the wedding!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 04:48:35 PM »
You're really zooming through this, it's nice to see your founder concentrate on her career, I know the multiple fertility would have made things much more challenging.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 06:35:08 PM »
I actually haven't been able to play TS4 for a while.  I'll be updating this when I can get back to the Starreinights!

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 03:10:31 PM »
Please move this to the Graveyard.  I lost the file for this IDC when my Windows installation crapped out.

anything