Author Topic: Mailboxes  (Read 3104 times)

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
Mailboxes
« on: November 19, 2014, 04:41:55 AM »
I notice that different lots have different mailboxes for some reason. Is there a way for me to choose them so far? Or they just come with the lot and that's it?
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Re: Mailboxes
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 05:59:01 PM »
I actually noticed this last night when building on an empty lot, that it had a nicer mailbox than what my sim household had. I haven't found a way to change the the mailbox though, and even with the Debug cheat, I didn't see any that I could buy or anything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 06:23:32 PM »
Awww  :(. I had this too. I'm trying to change all the houses in the neighborhoods and whenever i see a nicer mailbox next door, I just sigh.

I hope they add it to the debug. Some of the mailboxes look really cool for different types of houses.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 07:29:20 PM »
I think it's just based on which neighborhood your house is in. I too think it'd be cool to be able to choose.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 06:46:09 AM »
I think it's just based on which neighborhood your house is in. I too think it'd be cool to be able to choose.

Usually it's like that, but there are some places wherein they are still different. The large lots in Willow Creek had different mailboxes. I thought that too, but now I think it's the EA designer's choice when they made the lot.

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 08:02:30 AM »
The Buyable Mailboxes mod by Snaitf allows you to remove your current mailbox and add a different one. The description makes me think it might even work if you install the mod, change your mailbox by selling the current one and getting another, and remove the mod, but I didn't test.