Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73514 times)

Offline MagpieC

• Nooboo
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #255 on: March 16, 2018, 07:10:34 AM »
Hopefully this doesn't count as EA bashing but does anyone else find it annoying that when you arrange a party only people known to the host can be invited. I couldn't invite the mother of the bride to a wedding because the groom was the host and he hadn't met his mother-in-law yet (which I admit is unusual but I was in a hurry), and when kids age up you can't invite their school friends unless you invite them around to meet the parents first. I'm used to sims3 where anyone known to any member of the household was on the potential invites list.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #256 on: March 16, 2018, 01:42:40 PM »
Yup, I wish that Sims were more "Family Aware" & at the very least, "Household Aware". It might be nice, that if you meet someone from a household, maybe it might be a bit easier to develop a relationship with their roommates. (Or maybe harder, depending on traits )

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #257 on: March 16, 2018, 06:08:24 PM »
Many of the cheats also won't work unless the sim has actually met the target sim in-game. I also don't like the fact that even if the host does know certain sims they won't necessarily be on the invite list either. So annoying!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #258 on: March 17, 2018, 03:41:24 PM »
I also don't like the fact that even if the host does know certain sims they won't necessarily be on the invite list either. So annoying!

Unless you play challenges, you can use a mod that will list any eligible Sim. I use one from weerbesu on MTS.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #259 on: March 23, 2018, 07:56:27 AM »
That Outdoor grill, I buy for special occassions, yet my sim always prefer that over the stove in the kitchen, I mean why cook Hotdogs for breakfast?

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #260 on: March 23, 2018, 02:00:53 PM »
That Outdoor grill, I buy for special occassions, yet my sim always prefer that over the stove in the kitchen, I mean why cook Hotdogs for breakfast?

Because it tastes good? I can eat all kinds of food for breakfast :D

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #261 on: March 23, 2018, 07:20:15 PM »
I guess, your Sim just wants to impress his/her grillfriends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: March 23, 2018, 08:04:24 PM »
lmao
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2018, 05:26:30 PM »
Just wondering: If you keep the grill in your Sim's pocket, will that Sim pull it out to cook? It's hard to decorate that way, but maybe it would cure rampant grilling.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #264 on: April 14, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »
Ten Gen dynasties can be frustrating.
So, after five generations of not being able to get mltiple birth despite trying for them in the ley-line lot (and anyone else whoo tried there had twins, only the heir didn't), I finally got them without trying. In the only house where I had only 2 free slots, and the other should have been used for someone's else baby.

And, to add to this, despite the pop music surrounding the future mom, first born is a boy. (and second is a girl, obviously.)

Well, the good news is that gen 8 is here and got very lucky with random traits.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2018, 07:24:16 AM »
I've played without autonomy enabled for a while, so now my Sims don't do anything annoying anymore. I don't mind the loss of personality, it means a lot less frustration and overall a happier experience for me.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2018, 11:26:09 AM »
You have to eat strawberries and listen to pop music on the radio to get a girl or more than one girl for sure @Tynynounours :).

I usually place several radios around the house (including in the bathroom) and have the pregnant Sim stay in certain rooms.  I keep it going on Pop music all night in the bedroom.

To get a boy or more than one boy, you have to eat carrots and listen to alternative music on the radio.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #267 on: April 15, 2018, 02:25:13 PM »
@coolsim9999999 In this case, the pregnant sim wasn't the controlled one, so I hoped she may listen to the radio by herself. It worked on a previous generation, and she did, but it wasn't enough. It's a bad luck case really, but I needed to vent it off.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2018, 05:43:34 PM »
You can always just change the gender of the heir to female when they become a teen, thanks to gender customization I don't worry about what the baby is born as. Now if you wanted the spare to be a certain gender you'd have been screwed since only heirs can use gender customization in that challenge, and only once.

Offline RiotKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2018, 11:11:21 PM »
Annoying Sim action?  ... When they stop in the middle of an action to "Think of a Family Member." (Mostly because they seem to do this ... All.The.Time.) Really? You can't just keep stirring that pot of spaghetti while you think of your sister?

anything