Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73489 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2018, 11:50:54 AM »
I am playing on the XBOX but cant understand when the table is full why they just make food and walk away while its cooking or cook it and then lay in on the ground...very annoying

I'm not clear on what you mean by "when the table is full."
But if a sim starts cooking while there's neither available counter space to use the cutting board nor nearby counter/table space to place the finished dish, the sim will abandon what they're cooking.

Offline amayasims2

• Nooboo
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2018, 01:55:51 PM »
The Sims that go straight to the computer after you invite them in. Ugh! >:( Also, when the toddlers in Sims 4 throw the food on the ground. Ya kiddin’ right? And when they throw the food the parent simply “gives a talking to.” I think there should be a patch update that allows toddler to gain responsibility trait for future purposes after their parent has given a talking to after they have thrown their food around.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2018, 09:24:42 PM »
The Sims that go straight to the computer after you invite them in. Ugh! >:( Also, when the toddlers in Sims 4 throw the food on the ground. Ya kiddin’ right? And when they throw the food the parent simply “gives a talking to.” I think there should be a patch update that allows toddler to gain responsibility trait for future purposes after their parent has given a talking to after they have thrown their food around.

The throwing the food thing is the worst! Especially when the toddler is already starving it's like do you want to be taken away?
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2018, 03:27:44 AM »
Quote from: wa-wa-world
The throwing the food thing is the worst! Especially when the toddler is already starving it's like do you want to be taken away?

*Nods sympathetically*

Toddlers are somewhat cute, but the game-play attached to them can be so frustrating and not make any sense.

And I also agree with the computer thing. I have taken to only place the bare necessities in my Sim homes, because I can't take compulsive Sim behavior. Unfortunately, I can't take away their phones which is really annoying. I seem to remember that the MC Command Center mod gave you an option to turn off annoying autonomous activities, but I can't find it anymore :(

Another thing. Personally, I don't look ridiculously happy 24/7, so I'm not putting any environment-boosting objects in their homes either. The Sims 4's constant exaggerated facial expressions have been a pet peeve of mine ever since I started to play the game. Rubber face Sims!
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2018, 05:52:32 AM »
The vampires offspring turning in full sun, and staying there to grill... I probably didn't turned you to have a pile of ashes...

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #230 on: February 09, 2018, 06:34:02 AM »
I seem to remember that the MC Command Center mod gave you an option to turn off annoying autonomous activities, but I can't find it anymore

@Nindigo what exactly can't you find, the mod or the option to turn of annoying autonomous activities? Deaderpool moved said mod to Tumbler. You'll need to read the documentation on his website to know how to use that part of the mod, it tells you how, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about it here but I can PM you, if you like, if you have trouble figuring it out, that is.

@amayasims2  I hate it when visiting Sims make a beeline for the computer too, I usually try to distract them.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #231 on: February 26, 2018, 02:29:41 PM »
You know that every unwatched sim can't get their hands off the bar, and keep mixing drinks when you don't want them to?

I know have the extreme case of a sim (well, a whole house) who don't do that. (in Ten Gen dynasty, so I can't control him for the moment...)

He had a bar, but didn't mixed drinks by himself.
I bought a second bar, on the house main level. No one goes to it.
I took off all TV, still no one care for the bars.
I locked him in a room with inspiring postcard, a bar, a toilet and a sofa.... He started singing............  :-X

Well, I know what he'll be doing on his free day......

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #232 on: February 26, 2018, 04:05:42 PM »

I locked him in a room with inspiring postcard, a bar, a toilet and a sofa.... He started singing............  :-X

I know that feeling, maybe hell use it when he gets hungry xD

I hate idle animations, like sim you have 30 minutes before you wet yourself, please don't spend 10 of those complaining you have to pee then walk as slowly as possible and miss the toilet by like 3 steps
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #233 on: February 26, 2018, 06:00:08 PM »
Snip...

Well, I know what he'll be doing on his free day......

lmao
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #234 on: February 26, 2018, 09:30:57 PM »
I recently imported one of my Sims, from another game & started from square one. I had forgotten how annoying those invitations were. I seem to get them every day, from ALL the Sims, that my Sim knows. Anyway, I was on a Snagglefluster training session & the bladder started on the highway to the danger zone. At just that point, a Simfriend decided to invite him over. I had some time, so I agreed. As soon as I got there, I tried to get him to drink a moodlet potion, that I had on him. He froze & did nothing. He waited for a long time, then soiled himself, in front of his Simfriend. THEN, he drank the potion, to clean his pants.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #235 on: February 26, 2018, 09:48:33 PM »
One more thing...

Recently, my Sims started doing this Double Smooch greeting. I don't know if it has always been there, but it's the first time I've seen it in the game. It started about the time, that townies started wearing random outfits. Anyway, it's an unusual interaction. It never seems to add a pink bar. In that regard, it's not romantic. HOWEVER, to any Sims your Sim has a pink relationship with, it will count as a romantic interaction. It will kill the pink bar & make them either sad, or angry. City Living definitely added some interesting social possibilities, but it seems like there could be some tweaking. The romance festival creates some interesting situations. In some ways, it mixes things up. However, as sensitive as Sims are, it generally just makes a mess of things. If Sims are going to autonomously greet each other, in a certain fashion, maybe they should either get Pink Points, or it shouldn't wreck their existing romantic relationships. It's basically just a noisy secret handshake.

*update*

I noticed something interesting about the DoubleSmooch. It doesn't seem to really register as a speaking interaction, officially. My Sim was talking to one Sim, whom he greeted in this fashion. After a while, another Sim showed up & gave him a double smooch, but she was never listed, as someone that he was talking too. THEN, an odd thing happened. The first Sim left the conversation. I had already prompted him to talk to the second one. They were at a Ruins dance party & Sim one was dancing & Sim 2 was just staring at him. When Sim 1 left, he and Sim2 ran off together. They ran for quite a while, then stopped. They stared at each other, then they both jumped and said, "Yabusabi!", or something like that. Not sure what that was, but there's probably a story there.

yamusami.jpg

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2018, 05:50:27 AM »
Hi @CuriousSim

The double smooch greeting is a Windenburg special. It only happens in that neighborhood. Don't ask me why that has been implemented ::) Funny thing is, one Sim is always turning their head too much so they end up kissing the other one on the lips ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2018, 08:31:36 PM »
There's another new auto-greeting with Jungle Adventures too... *sigh* so sims will stop what they are doing to go greet each other now instead of just speaking from where they were and continuing with their task. I say 'now' but auto-greetings came with Get Together but just seems more annoying recently for some reason. I just wish we could pick which one to use like the hand shake...I quite like that one.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #238 on: February 28, 2018, 02:08:49 AM »
Interesting. The weird thing about it, is it makes your significants angry, if they are nearby. Otherwise, it's pretty much ignored. Thanks for the info, though.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #239 on: February 28, 2018, 04:09:15 AM »
The double smooch greeting is how french do greet each other (and probably most of the west part of Europe, but I could only confirm it for Hungary) so it may explain why it's in Windenburg who has the most european feel.