Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73484 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2018, 05:05:49 PM »
I've mentioned this before, probably in this thread somewhere actually but... changing radio stations on me. At the moment it is literally like a fight between siblings for the TV remote.  >:( Sad thing is I don't seem to be winning.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2018, 05:14:14 PM »
It's always frustrating trying to run a store or restaurant when one of the household members is active.
They are constantly ignoring customers who are shopping or waiting to be billed, choosing instead to do push-ups or sit-ups.

I probably have a really, really loooong list, but I'm trying not to jinx myself, lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2018, 12:35:27 AM »
It doesn't seem to be common on every Sim, but my Travis seems to be particularly strong willed, when it comes to over riding queued commands. I ask him to cook a special recipe, so that one of the other people in the household can go to work, in a certain mood, and while I try to manage another household member, he decides to paint, instead. All sorts of instances, like that - for many months.

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2018, 09:38:08 PM »
For some reason, the paint messes toddlers and kids make really annoy me. You have a ton of toys kid! Quit throwing paint on the floor :o Plus correcting them does no good, my sim will lecture and two minutes later the kids are right back at it.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #214 on: January 30, 2018, 05:25:29 AM »
For some reason, the paint messes toddlers and kids make really annoy me. You have a ton of toys kid! Quit throwing paint on the floor :o Plus correcting them does no good, my sim will lecture and two minutes later the kids are right back at it.

Oh, yeah - this! >:(
And yes, lecturing doesn't help one bit. Also, I have noticed that kids almost compulsively make messes right next to a jungle gym. I would like a system similar to the one in Cats & Dogs: a message popping up saying that X has learned not to make messes.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2018, 06:43:31 AM »
I gotta say that I like reading this thread, it makes me laugh, mostly due to a shared annoyance.  :)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2018, 08:07:33 PM »
There is one more thing, but it's not my controlled Sims in particular. It's when Sims sing karaoke, it's too loud in my opinion. And if they are bad at singing, it's super-extra-ridiculously loud >:(

I would really like a volume adjusting option for the karaoke stations.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #217 on: February 04, 2018, 06:36:49 AM »
What do your Sims do that annoy you?

Today, just about everything.

Cooked a plate of food, but did not eat it or put it away.
Browsed web on phone compulsively.
Grabbed water compulsively.
Walked around in sleep wear all day.
Made partner flirty constantly then left them hanging.
Brushed clothes constantly. I'm taking the darn machines away.

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #218 on: February 04, 2018, 09:09:06 AM »
This is probably an annoying thing that’s meant to happen, but I decided to buy a retail store in one of my games and hired an employee. She was doing fine for a while but then she randomly started dancing! I’m pretty sure there was no music around! It was kind of annoying (really, sim? Why would you show up to work and start a dance party?) but it was partially just making me crack up. She wasn’t really doing her job, though, so that was the downside. Anybody else seen a sim do that?
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #219 on: February 04, 2018, 04:25:45 PM »
@PJHP1243  is it constant dancing or just a little 'jig' every now and then? The Dance Machine Trait will make sims jig a little every now and then as one of their idle animations but it is a relatively short animation. It can happen often if the sim has nothing to do but it isn't a constant dance like when sims dance to a stereo.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #220 on: February 04, 2018, 09:02:48 PM »
The random dancing is the worst! None of my Sims have the Dance Machine trait yet they still seem to dance to non existent music compulsively. My Sim and her toddler daughter do it, she invited her parents around and they did it, even her neighbours do it right outside her door!  >:(

Here are my main annoyances at the moment. My Sim's boyfriend keeps showing up to her apartment and letting himself in every freakin night despite having the door locked to household members only, but they aren't living together! Her darn neighbours keep singing outside her door, please don't. *Sigh* I forgot how annoying apartment living can be sometimes.

Lately my Sim gets a "Watch" interaction (which is a symbol of her face) lining up in her queue and then she gasps and reacts to nothing. Why Sims, why must you react to EVERYTHING when there is NOTHING to react to, I am so over this stupid feature already.  >:(

Sorry for the rant but lately there just seems to be more annoying autonomous things my Sims are doing constantly and it's driving me up the wall, lol.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #221 on: February 04, 2018, 09:57:08 PM »
@Rainbow Dash
I noticed that my door locks haven't been working less efficiently lately (that is, since the pre-patch for Cats & Dogs).
The doors need to be relocked multiple times before they work as (I) intended.
I'm noticing this constantly today because my sim just moved in with another household (but I haven't played since last week...).
No, that bed is not for you!

That "Watch" interaction is welcome for toddlers but totally undesirable for non-toddlers. It adds nothing to the game, except that (when I'm playing a challenge which allows it) I delete the action from the sim's queue. My sims will even drop queue to "Watch." Thanks for nothing!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #222 on: February 05, 2018, 07:11:09 AM »
@Rainbow Dash  perversely if you have a Dance Machine sim and never ever let them near a stereo to gain the dance skill, they never do that weird autonomously dance.  ;D Of course, sooner or later they will be somewhere where there is a stereo and so gain the dance skill but until then, well, life is rather blissful.

Offline The Man

• Nooboo
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2018, 05:21:22 PM »
I am playing on the XBOX but cant understand when the table is full why they just make food and walk away while its cooking or cook it and then lay in on the ground...very annoying

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2018, 04:05:09 AM »
I happened to notice some of the earlier posts in the thread - specifically the townies coming between your Sim & his/her significant. It seems like when you're out with a friend, all is completely normal. HOWEVER, when you're out with a significant, you become a neodymium magnet, that draws every single stranger in Sim World, and EVERYONE is just dying to talk to/introduce themselves to either your Sim, or your Sim's significant. It's completely nuts. My Sim can be in the back yard of an establishment, and someone that has just arrived at the beam down point, will want to introduce themselves. They are about a half mile away & you would think that they wouldn't be able to see each other, but they are somehow able to detect your Sim's presence.