Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73478 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2016, 06:23:15 PM »
Water drinking neighbors.  >:( stahp it. I'm taking note @Rainbow Dash my sinks are all being deleted as soon as I fire my game up today. Either that or my toilet.  8)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2016, 11:28:44 PM »
I never put a sink in my homes. It's not like my Sims can get salmonella lol and then I stock up on my dirty dishes for when I finally can afford the nanocan

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #182 on: November 11, 2016, 12:43:52 AM »
Rude neighbours is my pet peeve at the moment! There's this creepy neighbour that's always hanging around outside my Sims door. This morning when my Sim was eating breakfast in her underwear, the old hag let herself into my apartment! How dare you, you do not live here, get out! I am NOT okay with random Sims strutting around my flat like they own the place and no she did NOT have a key!  >:( You do NOT want to mess with me lady, I have Voodoo Doll and am not afraid to use it!  >:(

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2016, 09:01:50 AM »
Geeta Rasoya from City Living has recently become the object of my unending annoyment. I activated the 'private lot' trait for my home, but she's still knocking on my door constantly saying 'What's cooking, good-looking...'. With as little as 15 seconds in between yesterday. Also, when complaining to her about her noisy activities, she just proceeds to enter m-y sims' appartment and making herself at home at 2 am. I'm like whaaat? Even after I moved out of San Myshuno, she kept calling my sims, trying to force her unwanted company on them. I have now built my sims a great house in Newcrest - with no neighbors and un-yummy "fruitcakes" around to welcome them with. I usually don't kill sims...but Geeta is definitely on some secret and obscure black list of mine now, yips :-\
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2016, 10:11:38 PM »
Does anyone know what it is that causes sims to use desks that have computers on them for other things? My sims keep sitting down to eat a meal or do their homework at a desk as if the computer isn't even there. I thought it had to do with placing the computer with MOO, but now I know that's not the case. It's driving me nuts.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: November 13, 2016, 10:29:49 PM »
Does anyone know what it is that causes sims to use desks that have computers on them for other things? My sims keep sitting down to eat a meal or do their homework at a desk as if the computer isn't even there. I thought it had to do with placing the computer with MOO, but now I know that's not the case. It's driving me nuts.

@Whirligig --- here's a link --- I asked about homework when what you mentioned was happening in my game.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27108.0

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2016, 03:44:24 AM »
Geeta Rasoya is the one let herself into my Sims apartment and she's always hanging around in the foyer, their front door is now locked to just them so she can't let herself in any more.  :P

I am REALLY starting to hate the constant phone calls inviting my Sims to go out at all times of the day and night, even with the phone silenced I can still hear it ringing sometimes. >:( It's driving me INSANE, make it stop already!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2016, 02:11:12 PM »
@Rainbow Dash It's good to know I'm not the only one suffering this woman, lol ;D My sims' sleep is interrupted every night by phone calls - other sims apparently don't have work ::) Silenced phones also disturbs my sims' sleep - what's the point of silencing it when it's still audible and waking up its owner? A fix would be very sanity-saving.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2016, 09:25:00 PM »
The extreme ADD is driving me mad. Use telescope for 5 seconds. Use microscope for 5 seconds. Dance. Hug someone who is doing something important. Use telescope for 5 seconds. Donate to charity. Hug someone. Etc, etc, etc. I sent half of my Dynasty household to Granite Falls just so I wouldn't kill them all. Honestly, I'd prefer if they just sat in front of the TV.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2016, 09:31:41 PM »
The extreme ADD is driving me mad. Use telescope for 5 seconds. Use microscope for 5 seconds. Dance. Hug someone who is doing something important. Use telescope for 5 seconds. Donate to charity. Hug someone. Etc, etc, etc. I sent half of my Dynasty household to Granite Falls just so I wouldn't kill them all. Honestly, I'd prefer if they just sat in front of the TV.
@reggikko --- I make most of my Sims geniuses so that they focus better --- and I use tons of focused career rewards.  I have 2 big basement rooms, which have some stuff that I would rather not have them have all the time, and some of it is just for specific times --- such as extra tables with strawberries and radios when it's time for them to have a baby girl.  If a pregnant Sim eats carrots and listens to alternative, then, they will probably have a boy, and if they eat strawberries and listen to pop music, then, they will probably have a girl.

I think the rules are different for dynasties, though.  You could also have a storage room in the basement, and don't put a door on it.  Then, give it to your Sims when you feel like it  :P!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2016, 10:36:12 PM »
Oh, there's a room in the basement now. It contains various items that correspond with club activities, toilets, showers, tents, a fridge, etc. Some Sims will be spending a LOT of time down there. Ahem.

These are elderly Sims. Two are the founder and 2nd generation heir, the heir's twin sister (who should be dying soon except that I gave her the active trait--what was I thinking?), and the heir's wife. I've currently got over 100 Potions of Youth, so there's not much call at the moment to get more points out of them; they've outlived their usefulness. I got them all M-F jobs (whoever thought of that idea is brilliant), but they are home on the weekends, so they'll either be spending their weekends away at camp, or they'll be in the basement when they annoy me.

It seems to me that Sims would stay with an activity longer in the past. Now, sometimes it's literally seconds and I am tired of watching them run from one area of the lot to another constantly. I kind of miss Sims 2. Sims could get so obsessed with an object they could DIE, but at least they weren't running around like hyperactive gerbils.  I was playing an ISBI once and I had a Sim die because she just kept swimming and swimming and swimming. Good times. Also, in TS2, Sims could meditate indefinitely, not this two hours and then they're bored nonsense.

Offline Randi

• Nooboo
« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2016, 10:57:58 PM »
My Sim is by no means wealthy. She just squeaks by when her rent is do every Monday, but she is CONSTANTLY making drinks (which cost like $18 a piece!). I put a bar in her apartment because she is on the culinary career track and part of her daily tasks are to cook/make drinks and she also needs Mixology skill points and her aspirations require her to host dinner parties which require drink-making to score higher. She also has a child so when the two of them are running around doing things sometimes I don't notice she sneaks over to the bar. She does this multiple times a day... I'm like "lady, you could barely afford those pancakes you made your kid this morning, put the "Flaming Zesty Salt" mix down!" God I hope she doesn't start getting a taste for the new $80 drink she just learned the recipe for... Lord help me.

My Sim needs an intervention!!! :P

I don't necessarily want to turn free-will off, but I would like an option to only turn-off free will for actions that cost money... Is that possible? The other thing she always does is whenever she's at a Festival ("City Life") she always manages to sneak off to a food cart when I'm not watching like a hawk and she buys food when her hunger is already full because she ate before she left the house (because she's poor, and that's what poor people do!!! lol).

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2016, 11:02:29 PM »
@Randi You can sell the drinks by dragging them into her inventory. You'll even make a bit of profit. You can even sell the empty glasses that way. :)

Offline Randi

• Nooboo
« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2016, 11:21:11 PM »
@Randi You can sell the drinks by dragging them into her inventory. You'll even make a bit of profit. You can even sell the empty glasses that way. :)

Omg, seriously?! You just changed my Sims life (and their bank account is eternally grateful)! I've been putting them in the fridge and hoping enough neighbors come over and help themselves, lol!

Thanks for the tip!!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2016, 12:53:04 AM »
I drag them to the nanocan --- and make §80 each time --- as with all dirty dishes.  It's cool that you can sell glasses in a Sims' inventory, though. :)

anything