Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73477 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2016, 09:00:23 AM »
@Cheezey  that grabbing cake (snacks) over a full meal seems to be a fairly recent thing. It was driving me a little nuts too. I solved it by throwing out all snacky type foods. That'll learn 'em. Pesky sims.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2016, 10:25:20 AM »
@Cheezey  that grabbing cake (snacks) over a full meal seems to be a fairly recent thing. It was driving me a little nuts too. I solved it by throwing out all snacky type foods. That'll learn 'em. Pesky sims.
Pretty sure it's been an issue in my game forever. I think it's more likely to happen when you have more than one sim 'auto-solve' hunger at once, so each of them tries to choose a different 'group' meal to take their servings from. Not always, but sometimes that's what triggers it for me.

And while your solution is quite logical and makes perfectly good sense, I can still hear my (grew up dirt poor during the depression) grandparents saying "Now why would you throw that away? That's perfectly good virtual, completely pretend and not at all real cake!"
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2016, 11:02:10 AM »
If I have them bake a cake, I also make sure there's something else in the fridge.  Then, after pausing the game,  I open the fridge, myself and drag a plate of something appropriate for dinner onto the table (or 2 things if there aren't enough servings on the first plate.  Finally, I direct each Sim to "grab a serving."

However, I do notice when Sims grab cake or ice cream before you can stop them.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2016, 03:19:54 PM »
@Whirligig  lol there is a moodlet something like that in TS3. my sims were always getting that.  ;D I'm super glad that I've only just recently noticed the snack over a meal thing. It really annoys me and would have driven me quite demented if i had noticed it sooner.

Weirdly @coolsim9999999 I like my sims auto grabbing ice cream. Go figure!  ::)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2016, 03:59:31 PM »
@Playalot --- I don't mind if they grab ice cream at one of their restaurants to save time, but if I notice that they're gaining weight, then, I use what I dubbed last night "Weight Watchers for Sims," otherwise known as, the cheat cas.fulleditmode to fix their weight bar.  8)

I think that cheat is more powerful than buying Insta Lean, and you may do it whenever you think your Sims need to trim down without using satisfaction points.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: October 26, 2016, 07:08:25 PM »
I use cas.fulleditmode all the time. When I'm playing casually I use all the cheats all the time. lol. My sims never sleep or bathe etc, just cheat up the needs and away we go.  :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2016, 08:34:21 PM »
I use cas.fulleditmode all the time. When I'm playing casually I use all the cheats all the time. lol. My sims never sleep or bathe etc, just cheat up the needs and away we go.  :)
Sometimes, I use tons of cheats, too, but other times, I use fewer, in combination with buying multiples of all the potions and buying every good or useful trait for my Sims.  They each have 15,000,000 satisfaction points because I used the cheat sims.give_satisfaction_points 15000000.  Today, I used fill all needs world because it was almost time for my Sims to go to work, and they were at the restaurant.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2016, 01:54:36 PM »
My Sims never, ever have a tombstone on the lot because of the excessive mourning. Even Sims who never knew the deceased will mourn all the time. Mixing drinks is way up there, too. I place the bar with one tile behind it, then place two counters against the wall on either side. They can't get to it, but when I want them to use the bar it's just a matter of moving one of the counters forward one tile.

A huge peeve is guests drinking Prose and Pop or Amygdelight out of the fridge. So rude. Recently, I wound up putting the fridge in a room with no doors.

Sims ignoring their queued actions to walk halfway across eternity to say hello to another Sim. The action doesn't even show in their queue, so you can't cancel it. All you can do is wait.

And this is more game mechanics than Sims themselves, but painting an excellent painting or writing an excellent book at higher skill levels gives a +2 Confident moodlet that will ruin the inspired mood that they need for the skill. So I have to pull them away from the easel or the computer and do other things to stack enough inspired so that will overcome the Confident mood.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2016, 02:33:17 PM »

A huge peeve is guests drinking Prose and Pop or Amygdelight out of the fridge. So rude. Recently, I wound up putting the fridge in a room with no doors.

And this is more game mechanics than Sims themselves, but painting an excellent painting or writing an excellent book at higher skill levels gives a +2 Confident moodlet that will ruin the inspired mood that they need for the skill. So I have to pull them away from the easel or the computer and do other things to stack enough inspired so that will overcome the Confident mood.

Amen to both of these, especially when they happen together; i.e. I want the drink to overcome the confident moodlet (I'm really beginning to detest "Confident") and someone who didn't need the moodlet drank the last one! And furthermore, rant, rave!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2016, 03:24:30 PM »
The Confident mood over-riding an Inspired mood is such a killer during a challenge with time constraints!

I've recently had two sims who constantly offer other sims massages. During parties, during a homework session, while the other sim is writing a novel, and so on, the now-borderline-disliked sim will go over and either offer or ask for a massage. This causes the other sim to drop his/her queue.

During a party, for example, the birthday girl needs to socialize with guests for xx hours, but what happens? Right after she blows out her candles, I see her mother leading her off to the massage table. This annoying conduct even passed from mother to daughter, lol.
Or, I send the sim over to help her son with homework but I spot the two heading to a massage table because she offered a massage instead and the teen stopped doing his homework.
Apparently, when a sim offers a massage, the other sim always accepts, even if it will make them late for school or work. Grrrr.

I finally moved the massage tables to an inaccessible area of the roof (along with the bar and the fountain of mirth).
Also, it feels like my sims get Very Playful more easily lately.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: November 01, 2016, 10:58:59 PM »

Amen to both of these, especially when they happen together; i.e. I want the drink to overcome the confident moodlet (I'm really beginning to detest "Confident") and someone who didn't need the moodlet drank the last one! And furthermore, rant, rave!

The Confident mood is basically useless in my opinion. If the Sim is a geek and is out collecting they get Confident and they won't run. Same with fishing. They make a great catch and they get confident. And Confident does NOTHING for the Sim. I hate it! :)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #176 on: November 02, 2016, 05:20:47 AM »
The trolling and water grabbing is annoying.  >:( Lately my Sims keep running off to wash their hands, grab water or brew tea and going upstairs to leave their dirty dishes on the stair rail, why?!  >:( It's bad enough that Sims keep trying to wash dishes in the sink instead of throwing them in the nanocan and getting money from them but now I have the added annoyance of the incessant grabbing water and washing hands. So now, there are no sinks in the house, solving three problems in one go.  ;D

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #177 on: November 02, 2016, 11:30:46 PM »
My biggest pet peeve lately is my sims ALWAYS wanting to goto either the Game Mat or the Backyard observatory. And they will do this till they drop over or go almost insane from one of their needs.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2016, 09:07:53 AM »
After the City Living patch, my sims want to use the woodworking table all the time even though it doesn't provide them any fun. My one guy suddenly had 7 knife blocks in his inventory after the update. Also, sitting at the computer apparently beats all other types of fun. I had a mom sim once who occupied her daughter's computer from dawn to dusk. She didn't even bother to stand up to interact, and she had no traits to support that behavior. Thank goodness for the lock door option ::)

Other than that, I don't put a lot of activities in their home at once as I don't want to keep redirecting them. Right now, I'm playing Don Lothario in a home of his own and he is pretty straightforward using his workout items a lot due to his active trait. But he also makes me laugh, because he keeps on going long after his body is aching and making him uncomfortable, plus he is constantly saying 'Yips' which seems to mean 'Yeah'. Oh, yips! ;D

Update/Edit: Okay, it also really annoys me that my sim's/sims' friends call between 2 and 5 am - interrupting their sleep, so I have to fast forward again manually. And then there is my sim(s) proceeding to do something, I cancelled - like running to the other end of their street to wave goodbye to some random aquaintance. That really gets me >:(
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2016, 11:21:58 AM »
@Nindigo
My sims have suddenly become obsessed with the woodworking table as well and I'd thought that it's because I've assigned "Homey" as one of the lot traits?
But after reading your post, I guess not.
And yes, I agree wholeheartedly----three cheers for lockable doors!

anything