Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73486 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2016, 07:17:05 PM »
@Shmeggo yep, you're right, it is a bug. It was supposed to be fixed in a recent patch but sometimes files that were already active before the patch don't seem to get the bug fix.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2016, 09:04:23 PM »
@Playalot: Ah, okay. I thought that it must have been a bug! My game is up-to-date, but the household that keeps getting those whims is the family I made when I first booted The Sims 4. It's good to know that the bug won't effect future households, though!

Thank you for letting me know. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2016, 01:19:32 AM »
Last month I was playing the Landgraabs, while trying to get them to complete their growfruit challenge, and Geoffrey wanted to get married to Nancy on a whim.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2016, 11:03:17 PM »
Ugh, I do not know what is going but I think that Eliza and Bob in my IDC know how much I dislike them/am waiting for them to die and are doing everything in their power to annoy the crud out of me before they go. They're getting romantic and putting the moves on anything in the household that moves (and it's not clubs, believe me, I've checked), somehow sneaking woohoos with visitors and household members alike, Bob's genes aren't mixing well with the ladies, Eliza's berating her kids over nothing and laughing at them, both are constantly popping the 'doomed relationship' or embarrassed 'caught cheating' or jealous moodlets, the list goes on and I am sick of it. I never thought I would be one of those players who wanted to actually kill off their sims but if it wasn't against the rules, these two would be out, one way or another. It's so bad that I barely want to play my file anymore despite the founder's immortality success and Gen 2's near completion before he's halfway through YA.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2016, 08:10:10 PM »
@dontmindme *cough* locked basement?  ;)

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2016, 12:10:19 AM »
On a similar note, I have had to do some modifications to some preexisting houses, because various Sims got trapped inside the roof. Don't know if they'd remain there, if I played another Sim, or not.

However, here is something that is REALLY annoying to me. You have Sims that get SOooo uncomfortable with outside puddles, that they begin crying. You aren't allowed to clean up the puddles, so they are always uncomfortable, while tending their garden. It gets old. Why do puddles form outside, anyway from watering a plant? Garden boxed especially should be large enough, that they should never leak water & form huge puddles in the grass. That's just my opinion.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2016, 12:49:00 AM »
On a similar note, I have had to do some modifications to some preexisting houses, because various Sims got trapped inside the roof. Don't know if they'd remain there, if I played another Sim, or not.

However, here is something that is REALLY annoying to me. You have Sims that get SOooo uncomfortable with outside puddles, that they begin crying. You aren't allowed to clean up the puddles, so they are always uncomfortable, while tending their garden. It gets old. Why do puddles form outside, anyway from watering a plant? Garden boxed especially should be large enough, that they should never leak water & form huge puddles in the grass. That's just my opinion.
If your plants are in garden pots/planters, move them away temporarily then place the $0 "Construction-Quality Concrete" over all the puddles of water in Build Mode. A sim can now go in and mop up all the puddles on the concrete. Once you're done, delete the concrete in Build mode then move your garden pots/planters back.
I know, I know, it's a huge pain but better than having the sims moaning in discomfort, lol.

What really kills me is when a Neat sim is doing the complaining--You're a neat sim! Mop it up already!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2016, 03:58:26 PM »

If your plants are in garden pots/planters, move them away temporarily then place the $0 "Construction-Quality Concrete" over all the puddles of water in Build Mode. A sim can now go in and mop up all the puddles on the concrete. Once you're done, delete the concrete in Build mode then move your garden pots/planters back.
I know, I know, it's a huge pain but better than having the sims moaning in discomfort, lol.

What really kills me is when a Neat sim is doing the complaining--You're a neat sim! Mop it up already!

You're so kind to your sims @oshizu . I direct my sim to eat a fruit (for the happy moodlet) and tell them to get over themselves! lol Puddle on the ground upsetting you? Tough, deal with it!

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2016, 08:24:53 PM »
Not necessarily kindness, lol.
In my case, the UncomfortableMusic has become like nails on chalkboard to me. It's also a moodlet killer, when I'm just trying to fulfill my spoiled Sims' whims. I will have to try that concrete thing. I've given all the Sims at the current house the SuperGreen thumb reward, so that has helped phenomenally. It actually makes gardening worthwhile & not a huge time-hog. If you let the fruit age in your pockets, they increase in value. Thanks for the advice, Oshizu.

Offline izzytr

• Nooboo
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2016, 08:45:36 PM »
I have one sim who constantly has affairs behind my back. Every time I log back in she's got about 2 new lovebird relationships. It's like mate, you had the get engaged and get married aspiration. Get it together.

medjc

« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2016, 10:51:23 PM »
I'm sure this has been said about a million times by now but when I direct more than one sim to get food from the fridge one (or sometimes both!) of them seems to cancel the action. Not game breaking or anything, but it is rather irritating in larger households to have to queue everything up all over again. Just eat your breakfast already! Lol.

Also, when my sim is gardening, sometimes she skips watering some of the plants. I hired a gardener but even he does it sometimes! It's more of a nuisance than anything else, but still. In an 8 sim household, I barely have the time to get everyone fed and bathed before work/school in the morning, much less double check the whole garden's been watered.

The last (and most annoying) thing is sometimes when I'm playing my doctor sim, the nurses will interact with the patients he's trying to diagnose/treat and prevent him from interacting with the patient until the nurse is done talking. It used to automatically disengage the nurse and patient from conversation so my sim could do what he needed, but for some reason all he does now is stand and wave his arms about his head and cancel the action I had queued up. I had no idea what else to do so I've taken to using testingcheats and resetting the nurse, which means I have to wait for the patient to lay back down in the bed before my sim can do what he needs to but it's usually faster than waiting for the nurse to drop the conversation.

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2016, 01:47:59 PM »
1) Autonomously do actions which cost money--starting paintings doesn't usually bother me since they can be sold for more than the cost of starting them, but having them run off to mix drinks all the time is irritating. I even had a sim autonomously head to the computer to donate 100 simoleons to charity!

2) Constantly get whims to get engaged to or marry their spouse. This seems to happen most often when I created the married couple from scratch, so that they never had a wedding in the game, but it's also happened to couples who did get married in-game.

3) The whole thing with getting food out of the fridge. Yesterday I had two sims with queued up lists which included getting leftovers. I had carefully selected the actions so they would NOT both be getting food at the same time, but for some reason one sim cancelled one of the actions (some kind of phantom path blocking, I think), leaving them both headed for the fridge at once--and BOTH of them cancelled the action.

4) I HATE the way total strangers keep butting in on dates! Here's this couple actually making out in the corner, and you think you should walk up and introduce yourself? I've started having "dates" at home.

5) The Welcome Wagon. I just don't like it. It's bad enough that it happens once at the beginning of the game, but it also happens when you move. My pregnant sim moved so there would be space for her baby, and these "houseguests" just walked in while she was in the bathroom and ate all her leftovers, leaving her starving because of how fast the hunger bar drops during third trimester. "Thanks for hosting," yeah, about that...

I actually think there are fewer things like this in sims 4 than there were in 3, though. And I'm glad it no longer cancels the "move here" action if you add another.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2016, 06:59:55 PM »
The main thing I don't like about the "Welcome Wagon", is that if you're not paying attention, the game notices that you're enjoying lunch with your new neighbors, and decides to demonstrate negative emotions by giving you instant BO. You have to basically waste most of the event in the shower. I guess it balances out, since often one of the guests will eat a slice of fruitcake & be grumpy, too. The only Sim in my game, that seems to actually like fruitcake is Liberty. She enjoys enthusing about fruitcake.

As far as drinks, you can sell drinks that your Sims make. You can even sell the empty glass, after they are through. They can drink a ProseNPop, or an Amygdelight, then sell their drink for at least 100sims, after they are through. That doesn't bother me so much, other than it's time that they could have used for something else.

What I do hate, is the date situation. It seems like the flirtier your dinner guest is, the more likely that guests at the other table will get involved in your conversation & turn the conversation awkward. It seems like a date is the most popular time, for stranger Sims to INTRODUCE themselves to my Sim. This seems to be really common, with "Dine Out". On the bright side, it's less likely that an unseated stranger will wander in & introduce himself or herself. It's mainly behind the back conversations with other dinner guests. When it's just a normal dinner, the other table rarely interacts. Having a flirty date just seems to make other Sims chatty. Being flirty seems to cause that, too.

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2016, 09:49:24 AM »
Yeah, I only realized about selling the drink glasses recently, and haven't had a bar in my game yet since then. Of course, I often give my sims the neat trait, so I'll have to watch out that they don't clean up on me before I get a chance to sell.

I don't think I've ever noticed the hygiene thing during welcome wagon, that's interesting.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2016, 04:32:56 AM »
Another thing that really annoys me, is when you're trying to complete an aspiration. You have a task to do a particular task for a certain amount of hours, while maintaining a specific mood. You watch the minutes go by, ignore people piling up at the door, and refuse dinner dates. The task is almost complete, then WHAM! one of the latent traits kick in, and all of a sudden all your Sim wants to do is make funny faces in the mirror. Your day, and all your preparation to get your Sim in the mood is wasted, so you sleep your day off & try again the next day... Then WHAM! Your Sim's OTHER trait kicks in, and suddenly your Sim wants to talk about rainbows and unicorns.