Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73499 times)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2016, 12:07:26 PM »
I hate that sims will randomly cancel actions you give them. It happened occasionally in sims 3 but this is ridiculous. I also get really annoyed at how long things seem to take. Like, I can't put anything on speed 3 or that eating, showering, etc takes so dang long to complete.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2016, 11:04:54 PM »
I had a glitch (possible bug?). I had set reading as one of the club tasks, but, my Sims refused to finish anything else. So I replaced reading with something else innocuous, like friendly or something. And yet, my Sims STILL continued to interrupt actions to go get a book (sometimes even READING was the interrupted action *facepalm*)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2016, 01:07:42 PM »
I had a glitch (possible bug?). I had set reading as one of the club tasks, but, my Sims refused to finish anything else.

Yep, mine's the same. I ditched reading as a club task because they would read for a few minutes, then get another book, and leave them EVERYWHERE!  Grrrr!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2016, 02:46:18 PM »
I had a glitch (possible bug?). I had set reading as one of the club tasks, but, my Sims refused to finish anything else.

Yep, mine's the same. I ditched reading as a club task because they would read for a few minutes, then get another book, and leave them EVERYWHERE!  Grrrr!
You can set "Clean" as a club activity, too, then they will obsessively put books away.   ;)

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2016, 03:00:15 PM »

You can set "Clean" as a club activity, too, then they will obsessively put books away.   ;)

Hahaha that sounds like a great club meeting; it will be chaos; I will give it a try!

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2016, 12:46:01 AM »
Oh my word, Shizu O_O that's brilliant and twisted and... I love it! I might have to try that one day when I want to torture my Simmies ;-D or keep some elders busy and out of my hair lol

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2016, 08:46:39 PM »
Here's one thing I hate: Sometimes, I will do something simple, like encourage my Sim to talk to someone. The action is queued up, and for some reason, instead of doing it immediately, the target Sim will stand there, while my player Sim will take the stairs to the next level, to do who knows what. Sometimes, the Sim will walk out of the building and into the street, and run away, with the action still queued up. I have no idea what the Sim is actually trying to do. It generally requires cancelling everything & starting from scratch. Sometimes, the target Sim leaves, by the time my PlayerSim gets his act together.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2016, 11:10:38 PM »
Or, they just stand there for a couple sim hours, swaying back and forth like they have nothing to do, before completing the action!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2016, 07:43:32 PM »
If the sims are sort of freezing pausing the game briefly will help to move the action on. Often it happens due to a conflict between a social that the sim would have autonomously done being cancelled due to an emotional change or a skill change or a player directed action etc.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2016, 04:19:52 PM »
Walk right across the lot to do something they could have done where they originally were. So annoying! And walk past the kitchen sink to wash dishes in the bathroom sink. I mean, really? Still? You literally walked right past the kitchen sink that you have used a million times before!  >:(
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2016, 05:25:03 PM »
Apparently, there's a mod for the bathroom sink dish washing :-) I hope the Gurus see it and take the hint lol

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2016, 09:40:52 PM »
Hmm...a dynasty helper having TWINS despite no fertility treatments on either side and thus locking the household to 7 until said helper, their husband, or the founding spouse dies definitely annoys me. I was saving that slot for Gen 2's spouse and kid, Eliza, not yours! Why wasn't one kid enough?? You have seriously messed up my plans (pretty spouse material for Gen 2 was a teen when the game started, now she'll likely be an elder before we can move her in). *headdesk*

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2016, 12:19:58 PM »
Hmm...a dynasty helper having TWINS despite no fertility treatments on either side and thus locking the household to 7 until said helper, their husband, or the founding spouse dies definitely annoys me. I was saving that slot for Gen 2's spouse and kid, Eliza, not yours! Why wasn't one kid enough?? You have seriously messed up my plans (pretty spouse material for Gen 2 was a teen when the game started, now she'll likely be an elder before we can move her in). *headdesk*

Obviously taking advantage of you letting her have kids at all!  But twins at any generation except the first is a bit rough.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2016, 06:06:24 AM »
I wish that Sims 4 not only had markings for bathroom doors, but I wish you could designate a door as a bathroom door. I really hate, when you have a Sim over to your house, and he follows you around like a puppy dog, even following you into the bathroom. Maybe, this needs to happen, in order for them to learn, but in people world, people know a bathroom. Often, bathroom doors have locks on them. Some people even automatically lock a bathroom door, when using a bathroom. *Hinty-Wink*

How about, as a possible solution, having a Sim ask where the room is, when they first enter a house, then there could be a "Show Bathroom option" Maybe, until they are shown, a designated Bathroom door will not be passable. Maybe, the game could even determine this, by whether there is a commode in there. So, even if there are multiple doors, guest Sims won't use it as a shortcut, to talk to you in your bedroom, or kitchen, or however the house is configured.

Alternately, a Sim can just lock all available doors, when entering a bathroom, and only a spouse can breach a door that has been locked in this manner. Just a thought.

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2016, 05:06:53 PM »
One of the things I've been noticing during gameplay that annoys me are the whims that pop up to advance a romantic relationship, such as getting engaged or married, when two Sims are already in a relationship. I have a Sim family where the mother and father are married, but I notice that they often have whims to go steady, get engaged, or marry each other. It's a little frustrating since all of those actions have already taken place! Maybe it's a bug?