Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73458 times)

Offline SimShady

• Nooboo
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2015, 05:35:06 PM »
Maybe my laptop's just super laggy but it always annoys me when I click on my Sim's phone to travel and, while the loading screen's going on for a while, my Sim decides they're going to do something else in the meantime or they walk off and start up a conversation with some random townie and their needs decay. For example, I'm doing the 100 Baby Challenge right now and I sent my Mum Sim out to meet some men and, while the travelling loading screen's up, what does she do? She goes swimming and turns up outside the bar in her swimsuit It was kind of comical and annoying at the same time today though so I didn't mind too much.

Offline pinolian

• Nooboo
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2015, 02:38:52 PM »
I have a few sims that do this all the time.
When she is finished eating, instead of washing the dishes
at the kitchen sink, she will go to the bathroom upstairs and
wash the dishes up there. That drives me nuts, she is the only
one in this family that does that....Kinda funny when you see it

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2015, 01:29:24 PM »
2 other things:

- My sims  forget somtimes what i ask them to do with absolutely no reason. That makes my own experience tense with a lot of watching after each of them.

- My sims forget all what they have to do (queue) when one of them travel. That's make every travel a nightmare with big families. To go pick a slice of tomato plant, or to go watch painting at the museum for an aspiration needs some sacrifice.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2015, 09:50:42 AM »
The constant fridge-raiding during parties. It's so bad that I have to lock a door and put birthday cakes in a room no one can access so some stupid sim doesn't go and take a slice from the birthday cake before the candles are lit, or the "eat cake" thing pops up. It also annoys me that I can have plates of excellent food out on the table or counter, but no, they go into the fridge to eat the leftovers there first.

Non-household sims using the computer, or any sim using a computer during a social event autonomously. If the computers aren't in a room that can be locked, I end up moving desk chairs to the inventory to keep them off of them. I've done this with the easel, too, when visiting sims think it's fine to start creating a painting in someone else's house.

Sims that go to bed in the middle of their own parties.  The second the bar turns yellow, they go off to bed with a house full of guests?  No.  Get some coffee and suck it up, buttercup.  Don't be rude. (I'm so glad door locks can fix this as well, but it's sad that I have to lock the bedroom doors to prevent this!)

Offline RandyH

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2015, 02:27:24 PM »
I suppose it's more what they don't do that annoys me. I'll direct them to do something routine, like "Tend garden" or "Harvest all" and they will cheerfully go do it but they will skip right by a few plants in the process and never go back to the ones they skipped. I have to go and double-check their work and direct them to do it again. I still chuckle when I hear the pitch-line that these are "smarter sims" than the previous versions of the game. Nowadays people are more distracted generally and they call it multi-tasking as though that makes them smarter or more productive than someone who is focused and pays attention to detail. I love their quirky personalities but I'm really longing for good robots in this game to assign the mundane chores to.

Offline Weezi3

• Nooboo
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2015, 07:39:15 AM »
When they read a book they sometimes do it when they're standing up, even if there is seating in the room. I liked it better in Sims 3 when they would automatically take whatever seat was available.

Neighbours coming over when I am in the middle of doing something.

Sims forgetting what they are doing for no reason.

Tense Sims slamming the refrigerator. It was kind of cool at first but now it hurts my ears.

Sims constantly complaining when their hygiene need is 0. Sometimes they will drop what they are doing just to complain about it.

Sim getting the tense emotion from reading a book with too high a skill level, or becoming bored with one that is too low. The game doesn't keep track so I have to rely on memory which book they have read and which they haven't. Not a huge problem unless you play multiple Sims and/or a Sim who learning multiple skills.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2015, 03:16:26 PM »
On the topic of books, I really hate it when I have many books outside of the shelves and when i tried to clean them all, my sims would first take seating position first just to rise again and proceed to put them back away. Thank god in this time around, reading books to skilling is actually pretty slow (since your sim wont stick to read until skills up anyway). This also make the bookworm trait goes from my favorite traits in Sims 3 to be one of the least favorite trait.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2015, 06:08:59 AM »
I was thinking about why the autonomous drinking milk from the fridge bugs me so much and have decided that it's on par with the routing fail foot tapping that happens with the sims 3 sims.  It's that quirky little thing that the sims do that you can't control or you actually have to go right out of your way to change.
So, I've decided to embrace it... let them drink. After all if they pee themselves it's no skin off my nose.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2015, 09:27:38 AM »
When I send my sim outside to stargaze so she can get inspired and start writing, instead of going out the front door and stopping there, she goes outside to the spot closest to where she was when I queued up the action. I guess I should put a door next to the computer.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2015, 02:29:42 PM »
When I send my sim outside to stargaze so she can get inspired and start writing, instead of going out the front door and stopping there, she goes outside to the spot closest to where she was when I queued up the action. I guess I should put a door next to the computer.

So that's what causes them to pick weird and random spots outside to do that!  Thank you so much for posting that.  Now I know how to stop my sims from doing it.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2015, 03:25:59 AM »

I've noticed that happens when the computer desk is against a outside wall and one of my sims is sitting at the computer and their spouse goes to interact with them that requires them to stand up, like kiss or hug, they will go outside to the wall where the computer is.
For that reason when I build the study I avoid putting the desk against the wall and put it more into the room like in this picture.

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2015, 03:38:09 AM »
Wow that study is gorgeous! Is it up in the Gallery?!?

I don't really have this problem at home but when my Scientist sim tries to give one of his colleagues a serum, they usually move away from the perfectly acceptable spot they were standing in, to go and stand at the back of the building! It annoys the bejeebers out of me!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2015, 03:26:27 PM »
The fact they always turn music on..... I've had to resort to occasionally putting the music player in the family inventory as instead of doing anything useful, they'll dance for hours!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2015, 04:40:14 PM »
@Magpie2012 I'm glad you like the study but it isn't up as just a room but it's the study in my Victorian house. But if you wanted it you could download the house then save the room to use in your builds.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline ashleyelaine08

• Nooboo
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2015, 03:11:57 PM »
They always goes into the pool, even after midnight.