Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73476 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2015, 03:39:15 AM »
My Sims and their guests both really want to sit whenever they talk, and so often sit right where I don't want them to.  Do you really have to sit at the computer desk just to talk?  I was just about to him another Sim use the computer.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2015, 08:30:26 PM »
My sim who lives in Oakenstead was fishing in the nearby stream.
He was close to maxing his Fishing skill, so when he got hungry, I gave him a moodlet solver so he could just stay there for another 30 sim minutes or so.
But no, he has to go all they way back to the house to drink his moodlet solver.

Someone mentioned that their sim "runs off."  Is it just me who is being tortured by their sims?
Whenever a sim completes an action without my having queued up another activity, the sim literally runs off to one of several activities:
* Dance to the stereo (except I only take the stereo out of inventory for parties now).
* Troll teh forums or play Blicblock
* Make a drink
In my current save, the entire household is constantly "trolling teh forums," except of course the sim who is doing the Chief of Mischief aspiration.
Regarding the bar flies, I think it's not related to the Bro trait. Rather, once a sim has the Mixology skill, it tends to want to go the bar and mix a drink (like, constantly).

Well, it's all really funny, actually. Lol, the sims rarely water/weed the garden autonomously or mop.
Can't take your eyes off of 'em for a minute (if you're doing a challenge....).

Whenever a sim throws a party, though, I go into Build mode and move all the computers into one room and remove that room's door.
Otherwise, household members and guests will wander off

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2015, 02:33:10 AM »

In my current save, the entire household is constantly "trolling teh forums," except of course the sim who is doing the Chief of Mischief aspiration.

This made me laugh! So typical, the one sim you actually want to troll.... doesn't!  ;D

My biggest bug bear at the moment is it seems like my sim is constantly getting abducted. I blame it on him... Obviously he is like eye-candy to Senior Pollination Technician #3, so if he wasn't so cute then maybe he wouldn't be trying to populate Sixam all by himself!  :P
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2015, 06:05:27 AM »
This made me laugh! So typical, the one sim you actually want to troll.... doesn't!  ;D

My biggest bug bear at the moment is it seems like my sim is constantly getting abducted. I blame it on him... Obviously he is like eye-candy to Senior Pollination Technician #3, so if he wasn't so cute then maybe he wouldn't be trying to populate Sixam all by himself!  :P

Who is Senior Pollination Technician #3?
And can sims only be abducted while at home?  Has your eye-candy sim ever been abducted while at the lab?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2015, 05:27:02 PM »
Hi oshizu, sorry to have made a confusing post. Senior Pollination Technician #3 is the alien female who appears in my aliens children's family tree as their mother. I was surprised that both the aliens nooboos had the same alien mother.
And he's not really an 'eye-candy' sim, that was just a glib reference to TS3.
No, my scientist has not been abducted while at work, but during work one of his requirements was to 'contact aliens' using his satellite and that night the first thing that happened to him when he got home was get abducted. This resulted in his second alien pregnancy.
I think sims can be abducted while at work because once you activate the satellite to contact aliens there is a message saying something like 'keep your eyes open... you might even get abducted..." Not sure, but contacting aliens seems a sure fire way of being abducted.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2015, 05:32:13 PM »
They die, much easier than in Sims 3.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2015, 05:44:26 PM »
Hi oshizu, sorry to have made a confusing post. Senior Pollination Technician #3 is the alien female who appears in my aliens children's family tree as their mother. I was surprised that both the aliens nooboos had the same alien mother.
And he's not really an 'eye-candy' sim, that was just a glib reference to TS3.
No, my scientist has not been abducted while at work, but during work one of his requirements was to 'contact aliens' using his satellite and that night the first thing that happened to him when he got home was get abducted. This resulted in his second alien pregnancy.
I think sims can be abducted while at work because once you activate the satellite to contact aliens there is a message saying something like 'keep your eyes open... you might even get abducted..." Not sure, but contacting aliens seems a sure fire way of being abducted.

@Playalot: Wow, two alien pregnancies by the same senior-level pollination technician during separate abductions. S/he must really like your sim!
When my Scientist sim invented his first satellite dish yesterday, I recalled your post on another thread and thought: Oh, I need to have a second satellite dish to prevent abductions at home AND at the lab. (I guess I should post any more questiions on the alien abduction thread.....)

@Deklitch: How have your sims died so far? I remember reading in one of the tournament challenges that you left the keyboard and came back to find your sim dying.
Are you referring to the emotional deaths? They are hard to intentionally trigger...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2015, 08:46:41 PM »
@Playalot: Wow, two alien pregnancies by the same senior-level pollination technician during separate abductions. S/he must really like your sim!

I'm pretty sure Senior Pollination Technician #3 is always listed as the mother for alien nooboos that come from being abducted... I remember reading in another thread about abduction that she was the mother in their abductions as well.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2015, 05:10:33 PM »

I'm pretty sure Senior Pollination Technician #3 is always listed as the mother for alien nooboos that come from being abducted... I remember reading in another thread about abduction that she was the mother in their abductions as well.

Senior Pollination Technician #3 seems be the hardest-working life form in the Get to Work expansion pack!

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2015, 10:06:22 AM »
Senior Pollination Technician #3 seems be the hardest-working life form in the Get to Work expansion pack!

I had an alien "mother" named Lauryn Tam from a sim's alien abduction baby, but now I'm curious if that was caused by a mod, because I also have a glitch that causes my Grim to be randomly named elders.

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2015, 12:49:06 AM »
I play 3 households, and my married couples won't stop cheating when I'm not playing them.

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2015, 05:07:02 PM »
my founder of my 8 sims household, a creative/cook, has only one wish all the time, run to the bar.

And if i stop micromanaging her, she ll drink low quality and get a bad moodlet.

She could paint, play music or write or even more, she s overqualified in so many things now.

No. The bar is her life.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2015, 11:40:57 AM »
The fact that they never seem to shut up!  If I was actually living with any of these Sims I would be tempted to carry a roll of duct tape in my pocket.

Offline marquisdiamonds

• Nooboo
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2015, 12:51:40 AM »
The mindless idling. Making food takes 5 more minutes for mindless staring at the fridge.. then 2 minutes to look at the food they just placed on the counter, make the food, then put it on a plate, stare at it for 5 more minutes until they take the plate, walk to the nearest chair, stare at it for 10 more minutes before sitting down. They need to fix the delays; it's so much wasted time that could be used for anything else!

Offline Hadron1776

• Nooboo
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2015, 04:58:35 PM »
One of my sims insisted on sleeping with his parents, as an adult. I really don't know why that got on my nerves, but one day I decided I had enough and killed him at the spa.