Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73485 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2015, 06:38:30 PM »
Excessive need to wash hands.  I removed all sinks in my game when I play, pretty unhygienic.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »
The dinner mambo!!  They all grab a serving and either wander into any room that grabs their interest instead of the dining room, or, if they all do manage to sit at table they play musical chairs!  They get up with their plate, plunk it down near an empty chair, sit, and so on, changing chairs around the table as the mood strikes them.  Or, if they actually do decide to clean up, they wander around OUT of the house and then back in again to wash up, or will just drop the pile of dishes somewhere outside and go do something else outside, or will wash up in a bathroom sink instead of the kitchen sink.  I really want dishwashers back!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ajm242

• Nooboo
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2015, 06:48:48 PM »
What bothers me is when it takes my sims almost 2 hours just to drink a glass of orange juice, even when there is no one else in the room. Hurry up, or you'll be late for work!
And when my sim's mother's ghost keeps coming back and is constantly passing out from exhaustion or eating from the fridge. At one point, something must have gone wrong because I had 12 unselectable bowls of cereal, 8 bowls of yogurt and 3 glasses of orange juice in the fridge that were all made by the ghost. I was wondering why my fridge seemed to be breaking constantly.

Offline Jekka

• Nooboo
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2015, 12:28:12 AM »
My Sim is a really, really loud sleeper. When I fast forward the game it's terrible. It sounds like someone is attacking him but his wife sleeps really quietly, just him. I'm unsure if a personality trait causes this but he's the first time I've heard sleep THAT loud.

I am trying out a painter sim and career for the first time and really liking it..with one exception: they seem to stop painting a lot and run off to do other things. There are really no outstanding needs but they just stop painting and go do something else. By something else I mean washing her hands..she's not even a neat sim and does this a lot, autonomously.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2015, 04:20:22 AM »
@Jekka lol, in my current game, my sim married the hermit from Granite Falls and when he sleeps, he makes all sorts of weird noises too.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Skilletnap

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2015, 12:33:13 PM »
The impromptu game of musical chairs when they are talking at a table...JUST SIT DOWN.

Why do they like to stand in-front of the stove or barbecue and turn it on while speaking with someone?

The books being left on the kitchen counter all the time is making me crazy. I even moved the bookshelf closer so they wouldn't have to wander around the lot, a pity it didn't change anything. They'll read the book upstairs, walk downstairs to the kitchen and set the book on the counter, then wander over to the book shelf to grab another book and go back upstairs.

I'm on my way to generation 3 in my game, so i've had a couple deaths, but they won't stop crying at the stone. It's driving me mad. I have put all graves in the inventory for now, so my Sims will do something else, or finish the task I tell them to do instead of standing there sobbing for an hour.

I miss assigned beds, and being able to lock doors, and I don't like how often the appliances break. The maid service is very unreliable as well, they'll show up faithfully until I turn my game off. When I return to the family, I have to fire the maid and re-hire them because they aren't showing up. It's not ruining the game for me, just a minor annoyance.

The story progression/aging is irritating me as well. In my family I had a pair of twins born to my founder. I chose to send the brother out into the world to see where his life goes...and he died of old age. His sister just had her adult birthday. :o

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2015, 03:36:38 PM »
I think this has happened since the last patch, but my sim eats sooooooo slowly. She's not even multitasking, she just sits at the counter, staring at the wall, and has a mouthful every half hour sim time! I wonder if it's trait related, as slob sims (or glutton sims, maybe) eat their food fast compared to normal. This sim started with the high metabolism trait, so maybe she takes her time eating? Still very annoying because it takes ages for her to eat a meal. I will time it today to see exactly how long  it takes. I think I might have to get the hardly hungry reward for her.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2015, 08:35:27 PM »
I try to get my Evil Sim to read some skill books but every half-hour or so, she'll stop, walk to the nearest table, and put down the book, just so she can Laugh Manically. And then I have to tell her to go read again. It's so irritating.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2015, 12:18:57 AM »
I think this has happened since the last patch, but my sim eats sooooooo slowly. She's not even multitasking, she just sits at the counter, staring at the wall, and has a mouthful every half hour sim time! I wonder if it's trait related, as slob sims (or glutton sims, maybe) eat their food fast compared to normal. This sim started with the high metabolism trait, so maybe she takes her time eating? Still very annoying because it takes ages for her to eat a meal. I will time it today to see exactly how long  it takes. I think I might have to get the hardly hungry reward for her.

My sims regularly take about 80 sim minutes to eat when alone. The males seem to eat slightly slower. It seems to me that it's not the eating that causes the problem, but that sometimes, even with no one to talk to, he will pause for 15 minutes between bites.

They seem to eat much faster if watching television.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2015, 04:46:10 AM »
I try to get my Evil Sim to read some skill books but every half-hour or so, she'll stop, walk to the nearest table, and put down the book, just so she can Laugh Manically. And then I have to tell her to go read again. It's so irritating.

I've always noticed that sims don't read a book to completion at home. They always put it down and wander off, although bookworm probably helps. The "read 3 books" goal for Nerd Brain is just a pain. They do stick to their books in the library, but going to the library is a pain if you've got a large household. In Sims 3 I did the vast majority of skilling with books. I'd load them up with skill-gain moodlets and pack them off to the library. I guess the devs also realised that, and wanted sims to spend more time actually practicing the skill and learning from trial and error.

I pretty much gave up on reading skill books at home in Sims 4, until Outdoor Retreat. After my first holiday I felt it would have been nice to have some levels in herbalism before going, so I'll use skill books for that in the future. And micro-manage them.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

weaselpie14

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2015, 03:51:17 PM »
@TheGoat - I agree, it takes sims so long to eat! I've purposely set their eating times differently so that each sim eats by themselves and with no other tasks queued, but it doesn't seem to matter - it just takes ages.

Also, my tense sim doesn't want to relax in a bubble bath after a hard day at work - get in the tub already! :)

Offline pinolian

• Nooboo
Re: What things annoy you in Sims 4? (Not about glitches/game bugs)
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2015, 02:43:29 AM »
The only thing that annoys me is when my sims sit down to eat a meal, they keep playing musical chairs and get up and move to another chair for no reson! Just sit down and eat already!!! LOL

Dellena

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2015, 03:42:31 AM »
I'm using a couple mods to fix the 'musical chairs' and slow eating.  I've been in discussions with SimGuruDaniel about the eating times.  Particularly when you add a drink.  Which I like having my kids have a glass of milk and cereal for breakfast; or adult sims having tea/coffee with breakfsat.  I timed it and it took over an hour of Sim time to eat the cereal and drink the milk.  That was without any talking.  That would be some mighty soggy cereal...yuck!  They are looking into it. 

The mod I'm using is from Dr. Chillgood on ModTheSims.  Here's what he says about it, "The problem is that the EAxis defaults put a lockout timer on the "active" eating and drinking actions (0xE882D22F Interaction instances 3441 and 341F respectively), to ensure that Sims always performed a passive action in between bites and swigs."  The pauses certainly add up.  I'm much happier after using the mod.  And my sims still chat with each other while eating

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2015, 12:53:56 PM »
The mod I'm using is from Dr. Chillgood on ModTheSims.  Here's what he says about it, "The problem is that the EAxis defaults put a lockout timer on the "active" eating and drinking actions (0xE882D22F Interaction instances 3441 and 341F respectively), to ensure that Sims always performed a passive action in between bites and swigs."  The pauses certainly add up.  I'm much happier after using the mod.  And my sims still chat with each other while eating

I'm using the same faster eating mod you are, because I also found it takes way too much time for sims to eat. I haven't tried the musical chairs one, because I had the impression the sims wouldn't multi-task chat while eating anymore. Do yours still do that? Or is it just they will talk to exactly 1 sim but not 2? The constant chair shuffling drives me batty, and if there's not a drawback to using it, I may go get that mod for myself.

Dellena

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2015, 01:26:12 PM »
My sims still have multiple sim conversations at the table - both autonomously and directed.