Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73463 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« on: November 18, 2014, 05:12:54 PM »
What do your sims do that annoy you?
After playing last night, my Sim's brother visited her house...in his pyjamas, then later her sister showed up, in her pyjamas. I don't like how sims don't change back into their default everyday outfit. I can tolerate them in gym wear or party wear (unless it's fancy dress), but it irks me when they show up in their pyjamas.
I also hate when you have a large household and have free will on, and their hunger and sleep needs are low, and they always choose sleep over eating, even if the hunger need is lower. So I either have to wake them up and make them eat, or they get up at 2am to eat!
I also dislike the rude sims who come to my house to visit, then go straight upstairs to use the computer.
EDIT - This is for silly annoyances, things that would bug you if it were real life, or weird things they do etc. It is meant to be a fun thread, not a thread for complaints about the game.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
Re: What things annoy you in Sims 4? (Not about glitches/game bugs)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 09:01:24 PM »
Something I hope they fix soon, when I have Sims stay the night, more often than not, they do not go to bed, but instead, hang around the house all night, and then, early in the morning, take a nap.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ijzabela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 10:53:36 PM »
The music that plays when they change emotions, as mine are changing constantly. So annoying!

Offline markarch

• Townie
    • Fletcher Legacy
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 12:11:54 AM »
Something I hope they fix soon, when I have Sims stay the night, more often than not, they do not go to bed, but instead, hang around the house all night, and then, early in the morning, take a nap.
That one too! I think it's their need are really high the time when they are in your house, so when you call them at night they don't have anything to do but sleep.

I hate it that you can't access the other sims menu when they're not in your lot, I mean, I'm getting that you are not suppose to get their inventory menu but the traits menu? it's just so annoying!

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 04:58:15 AM »
The fact that one of my household members (who isn't even family of the dead guy in my yard) is going to mourn that sim all the freaking time. If she has nothing to do that I tell her to, she goes mourning that dead sim. All the family members don't anymore, but the one who came to live with them much later does. She gets sad all the time and it annoys me to no end. Same goes for sims at parties like the bartender I hire. The bartender ends op mourning a sim they don't even know and thay way sims can't order drinks from the bartender.. I like to have the passed family members in the yard, but this kinda ruins it. Also that for some reason my sims want to go into the bath tub when I ask them to clean up the plates. They pick them up, go to the bath, take off their cloths, go out again, walk back to the kitchen and wash the plates (maybe this is a bug though) this is funny and quite annoying at times :P

Offline SimsSherry

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 12:10:49 PM »
When your sim is on a date and trying to talk to his date and random sims come over and join the conversation.  it makes it hard to perform all the actions you need for a medal when your date is talking to everyone but you!

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 10:09:38 PM »
- All the extra flourishes when cooking a meal. Just serve the salad already!
- It takes a million years to get perfect plants, and for what?! You can make 'excellent' (the highest quality) food without even using produce.
- No way to arrange my inventory. I can move it around, but as soon as I switch panels, it's all jumbled up again.
- No measure of how much time has passed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline markarch

• Townie
    • Fletcher Legacy
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 07:26:38 AM »
Well have anybody get annoyed by "M" key in the keyboard?

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 12:02:38 PM »
- No measure of how much time has passed.

I agree with that one, I want to have weeks, just like in the sims 3. Maybe they add it with a season expansion or something

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 05:25:46 PM »
Sims don't put books back into their inventory... I'm forever searching around their house trying to find the book they are half-way through.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline gjudson25

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 07:40:25 PM »
Everything at the moment, I'm struggling to figure everything out! I hate how the layout has changed for build/buy mode. Drives me mad when I'm trying to find things. How I can't see their emotions or work progress ect also does my head in

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 11:32:20 PM »
aww, I hope you stick with it gjudson, I felt the same when I first started playing... gotta say I totally love it now.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 05:22:19 AM »
Since this has potential to head down a bad road, I'd just like to remind everyone that EA Bashing is against the forum rules. Everyone's OK so far, but just a reminder. :)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »
Since this has potential to head down a bad road, I'd just like to remind everyone that EA Bashing is against the forum rules. Everyone's OK so far, but just a reminder. :)
I might change the title to "What do your Sims do that annoy you". I meant this thread to be more about silly annoyances than EA bashing and things that are wrong with the game. Like imagine if it were real life and friends showed up to visit in pyjamas, or came to visit and then ignored you and played on your computer the whole time.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 06:11:52 PM »
Well have anybody get annoyed by "M" key in the keyboard?

This annoys me too. I don't know about your keyboard layouts, but the < and > keys are next to M. I meant move my camera, not move my sim, I say to myself sometimes. Being too into the game has it's disadvantages.  ;D

If something irks me really, it's still the lack of bed ownership and room locking. The sleeping I don't mind, since given sometime they look like they remember where they should sleep, but sims are Woohooing anywhere and everywhere as long as there's a bed. Talk about having Woohoo in your parent's bed... I mean, really?

There's probably a lot more about the game, but mostly it just humors me than annoys me.
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

anything