Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73421 times)

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #270 on: May 03, 2018, 04:22:27 AM »
When a Sim is near a bar, why do they CONSTANTLY have to order drinks? Even a bladder stop won't deter them. They'll keep on ordering drinks, until a Higher Power, or a low need bar intervenes. When my Sim is tired & it's late, I want to wrap things up, without using the scroll wheel to force them out. Just when I think they've wrapped up their conversation & finished their drink, they've ordered yet another drink. It's already in the queue and PAID FOR. Which means that they've just wasted money, if I send them home. I HAVE to send them home, or they will continue to spend more money on drinks.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #271 on: May 03, 2018, 07:32:00 AM »
When a Sim is near a bar, why do they CONSTANTLY have to order drinks? Even a bladder stop won't deter them. They'll keep on ordering drinks, until a Higher Power, or a low need bar intervenes. When my Sim is tired & it's late, I want to wrap things up, without using the scroll wheel to force them out. Just when I think they've wrapped up their conversation & finished their drink, they've ordered yet another drink. It's already in the queue and PAID FOR. Which means that they've just wasted money, if I send them home. I HAVE to send them home, or they will continue to spend more money on drinks.
UGH so true. The worst part is bar drinks are high calorie, so constantly drinking them is an easy way for the sim to get fat.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »
Ten Gen dynasties can be frustrating.
So, after five generations of not being able to get mltiple birth despite trying for them in the ley-line lot (and anyone else whoo tried there had twins, only the heir didn't), I finally got them without trying. In the only house where I had only 2 free slots, and the other should have been used for someone's else baby.

And, to add to this, despite the pop music surrounding the future mom, first born is a boy. (and second is a girl, obviously.)

Well, the good news is that gen 8 is here and got very lucky with random traits.
@Tynynounours
I realize this is the "Annoying Things" thread, but congrats on reaching Gen8!!!

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #273 on: May 28, 2018, 02:05:26 PM »
I feel I have to control my Sims' environment very firmly and need mods to regulate my Sims' behavior in order to get a gaming experience that doesn't drive me insane :-\
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #274 on: May 31, 2018, 01:37:28 AM »
My Sims practice singing whenever they feel like it --- when I didn't ask them to ::).

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #275 on: May 31, 2018, 03:47:18 AM »
@coolsim9999999 I feel you, that can be so annoying. Serenading can also become a bit tiring if a Sim decides to repeat it over and over :-\

I'm having some issues with my foodie Sim, Caleb. Yesterday, I cancelled his intention to watch cooking shows for ideas three times in a row. I found myself snapping in real life asking him aloud if he lacked the intelligence to do something other than that ::)

Also, it's sad I have to remove sinks everywhere in the world to avoid losing my mind, because my Sims start to wash hands and grab water compulsively.

It's just the same things that keep annoying me.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #276 on: May 31, 2018, 05:32:18 AM »
Yeah, serenading too much gets to me, too @Nindigo :P!

I forgot that your Caleb was a foodie because he's a vamp.  Three times in a row is a lot of times to have to cancel an action.  My Sims get water too much, too, but I still have sinks, so far.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #277 on: May 31, 2018, 12:51:57 PM »
@coolsim9999999 It's good though that we still love our Sims. Ultimately, those annoying habits are a big part of what defines their personality and charm. If you ask me, that is :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #278 on: May 31, 2018, 08:27:30 PM »
I think you're right, @Nindigo --- and we do love our Sims, anyway 8)!

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #279 on: June 04, 2018, 02:51:14 AM »
My Sims just do everything too much. Except for interacting with their pets. They do that too little. I need to sweep the house for objects. Project for today.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2018, 05:04:09 AM »
I hate the way my parent sim constantly traps my teen/child sims into watching TV. with them.What the heck? What kind of parent forces their children to watch TV? I mean I literally do not have a single TV in any of my sim houses these days as canceling this was driving me a little (more) insane. smh

Also my sims are back to changing the radio station on me, it's a fight, I go alternative sim goes winter holiday, I switch it back to alternative my sim switches it to spop (which I hate so much), I change it to electronic my sim changes it to romantic. O.M.G It's kinda unbelievable. I nearly had murderous thoughts about my fav sim; nearly.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #281 on: June 06, 2018, 09:49:48 AM »
I can so relate, @Playalot

Yesterday, Don was watching the sports channel at some point. Then Caleb walked by and changed it to the cooking channel only to walk away again immediately after. That really upset me. What the heck? Don stopped watching and just sat looking around the room >:(

There was another incident yesterday, albeit the offender was not my played Sim:
Caleb and Don were hanging out at the Maxis bar Patchy's. Caleb had just sat down at a table with his ordered drink and taken one sip, when Nina Caliente walked in and simply snatched his glass and sat down at her own table. I yelled out irl and forced him to fight her, and he won. Unfortunately, she was dazed - I had hoped to get her so angry that she would die from it...no such luck this time.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #282 on: June 06, 2018, 06:13:48 PM »
@Nindigo  lol I had the same thing happen, an NPC snatched my sims drink so I too made him fight her, he won and took his drink back.  ;D I took it a step further though and deleted her and most of the other ugly townies later on! The townies in my game recently have just been so ridiculous that I can't even be bothered to take them into CAS, I just delete them all and hope the next batch are better.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #283 on: June 09, 2018, 03:44:19 AM »
 >:(

Do you recognize this situation? You direct your vampire to drink from a Sim on the street, your vampire does nothing and the selected Sim leaves the area. Or how about this? You direct your vampire to drink from a Sim on the street, your vampire heads over and when reaching the selected Sim, they say it's time to leave and thanks for hanging out.

*Bomb goes off*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #284 on: June 09, 2018, 07:50:57 PM »
My fix for that = testingcheats on - shift click target sim- reset -BOOM my vamp gets what he wants.

But, yeah, pretty darn annoying to put it mildly.