Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73417 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2018, 10:33:40 AM »
The double smooch greeting is how french do greet each other (and probably most of the west part of Europe, but I could only confirm it for Hungary) so it may explain why it's in Windenburg who has the most european feel.

I believe it is a Russian greeting as well. But I as far as I know, it's not a German thing (in case Windenburg is supposed to be German-ish), and living in the Northern part of West Europe, I'd have to say, it's not a common greeting anywhere in my country or in any of the the surrounding. It must be a Southern thing :)

I favor the handshake as well.

@CuriousSim Is your spouse jealous? (I mean the in-game significant other) Perhaps that's a thing ???
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2018, 11:29:24 AM »
Oh no. She's an original townie, before jealousy was added as a trait. Marcus got a pink bar with Bella, after visiting the romance festival. She threw petals on him, while wearing a turban. I let them do their thing. She kept inviting him to the festival, when it was in town. Then, he was at a dance party and Miko greeted him, with the double smooch. That made Bella mad & severely wiped out the pink bar. This was last year.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2018, 01:30:18 PM »
Here's something else anoying:

When your guests come in, and raid your fridge, for drinks. You might have spent a lot of work, making a focus drink for your job, and THAT's the one that they want to drink. Not only does it change their mood, it can potentially make your work day less successful, if you didn't make more than one. Also, they ALWAYS seem to want to eat your Protein Energy Plates.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2018, 04:05:18 PM »
Here is something, that is mildly insane. My Sim went camping. He lit a fire, that exploded. I had him roast a fish. The next thing he did, was to spontaneously light it again, even though his arm was still burning, from the last time he lit it. Then, I made him pick up the plate that he left on the ground. He threw the plate away, then went back, to put another log on the same fire. He immediately extinguished it, then lit it again, to roast a marshmallow.

*EDIT*

He just roasted another marshmallow, extinguished the fire, then lit it, yet again.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #244 on: March 05, 2018, 04:41:09 PM »
@CuriousSim  like a moth to a candle...
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #245 on: March 05, 2018, 04:45:52 PM »
I need a thread called 'Annoying things that unplayed Sims do'.

One thing that gets me very riled up is when an unplayed Sim steps in front of mine and steals the meal my Sim paid for at a food stall. If I have MCCC installed, it's just instant death by deletion for that townie.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #246 on: March 05, 2018, 06:16:04 PM »
Just recently my sim has been bumped continuously from the fishing pond in Oasis Springs Park. He is there catching frogs and over the course of the evening  7 NPC's came (all Maxis made townies) and forced him to the side while they started fishing. I've never seen that happen as normally it is always our sims that have the 'right of way'. It was exceedingly annoying and I couldn't figure out if my game has a bug or if it a new feature... but this has to be the most annoying thing to happen to my sims for a while. Not really my sims fault, but seeing as I had no one else to take my frustrations out on... I made him drop a pile of rubbish and fenced it in. He's a neat sim.  8)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #247 on: March 06, 2018, 01:05:45 AM »
It almost seems like something was tweaked, in how fishing is handled & they forgot that some fishing holes are frog centers too...

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #248 on: March 10, 2018, 06:44:25 PM »
I know many of you have had to deal with this, but it's so annoying when Sims eat on top of their keyboard, and then, after dinner on the keyboard, the same child who's a whiz kid genius and about 11 and a half with all the child and adult skills she can max, still doesn't ever know what 4X2 is in Arithmetic Attack.  Hint, kid, the answer will never be 6 8)!

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #249 on: March 10, 2018, 08:47:53 PM »
This is a bit disturbing:
I noticed an unplayed Sim selling off his paintings. He apparently pulled them off the walls. Now, I like the idea of paintings finding their way around the neighborhood, but I know the game isn't designed like that. The last time it happened, they were abandoned, and they were rendered unpurchaseable. This means, that all these custom portraits will eventually become lost forever, from all the unplayed households. It's a bit annoying.

Dis-Durbin.jpg

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #250 on: March 12, 2018, 01:22:04 PM »
@CuriousSim What a serious bummer :-\

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #251 on: March 12, 2018, 06:33:12 PM »
That's a serious bummer! @CuriousSim  Might be worth temporarily playing the household to drag all the paintings back out of his inventory.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #252 on: March 12, 2018, 07:27:40 PM »
Yup, I'm going to see if I have some old saves, that have all the paintings, then I'll try exporting them to the gallery. I was going to do this, long before, but I wasn't expecting my Sims, to sell the paintings, as fast as they were creating them. In the BFF house, I made a maze gallery, to contain the paintings. (Basically, a long, winding hall) I had wanted to have a house, that contained paintings, of all the residents, in all the primary neighborhoods, so that each townie resident could have pictures, to decorate their house with.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2018, 02:59:00 AM »
Oh, I just thought of another thing that my Sims do that annoys me. They frequently go to bed with both hunger and bladder in the yellow/orange. If I let them be, they wake up a few hours later desperately hungry and needing to pee. They take of this then, in the dead of night, and afterwards they decide to play on the computer until it's time to go to work/school at which point their need for sleep is in the yellow/orange. After a day's work, they come home with all needs in the red and go to bed in the afternoon. Lather-rinse-repeat.

For the moment being, I play Johnny Zest and I have taken full control to avoid frustration as much as possible. For some reason, I have about zero tolerance for messed up Sim priorities these days :-\

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2018, 06:03:48 AM »
Hahaha. Um, sounds kinda like me? I love siestas!