Author Topic: What do your Sims do that annoy you?  (Read 73416 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: What do your Sims do that annoy you?
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2016, 03:36:20 PM »
Well, about 2 months ago, right after I got spa day, I placed a massage table in the basement in my yoga/massage chair/massage table room.  However, one night, "grandpa" wanted a massage from "grandma" on the table.  After it, he ran through the house, past his 2 granddaughters on the first floor (still naked) and upstairs to play his violin (still naked).  It was so funny --- but a little annoying.  Now, I have the massage bed in its own room in the basement --- I put a wall between that and the rest of the spa day area.

Is that a bug or just a funny freak occurence?  :o

Also, my Sims love the clay I got them, and right now it's hidden (not on the deck table,) and it's not in their inventories  :-\

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2016, 10:58:38 PM »
Automatically donate to charity... especially in a new game when your sim are basically totally broke. I mean... really? We are the 'less fortunate' at this point in time.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2016, 10:05:13 PM »
5) The Welcome Wagon. I just don't like it. It's bad enough that it happens once at the beginning of the game, but it also happens when you move. My pregnant sim moved so there would be space for her baby, and these "houseguests" just walked in while she was in the bathroom and ate all her leftovers, leaving her starving because of how fast the hunger bar drops during third trimester. "Thanks for hosting," yeah, about that...

If my sims don't answer the door, the Welcome Wagon folks can't enter their house, in my experience.
I typically just ignore the Welcome Wagon which gives me a small red Friendship bar with the WW crew, but my sims hate fruitcake anyway so who cares?
If I really want to make friends, it's easy enough to go visit later.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2016, 10:04:31 PM »
Automatically drinking water. (Have I already mentioned this?) I mean stop it! No one is that thirsty. You simply do not need to stop skilling just to go drink... work ethics people, pahlease!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2016, 03:11:49 AM »
So far, the only Sim that has ever enjoyed the fruitcake, is Liberty, in one of my games. She gets a good moodlet from it, and she sometimes gets the urge to "Enthuse about Fruitcake".

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2016, 10:09:36 AM »
Leaving their Books of Life around the house willy-nilly. No, it's cool; it totally didn't take weeks of work to write that for you. I'm fine with you seeking out the strangest, most obscure surface in the house on which to set that down. I love scavenger hunts! Grrrr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2016, 12:04:48 PM »
I usually just cancel the WW. Or, send out one of my sims to intercept them and promptly lock all doors so they can't come in...
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2016, 05:02:36 PM »
When they "troll teh forums"  They should be doing anything else.  They're tech gurus, but they don't need to do that because they don't need to increase mischief.  So far, they haven't leveled too high in mischief.  :P

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2016, 06:48:05 PM »
OMG yes! And they don't even have any traits that you would think might make them do it autonomously! I've had GOOD sims troll teh forums even!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2016, 09:53:20 PM »
What's with the incessant "Welcome member to [club name]" interaction recently?
My household of sims do this constantly, even though none of the members are actually new.
I guess I wouldn't mind it so much if they weren't dropping other actions from their queues to do this useless social...

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2016, 11:16:02 PM »
OMG yes! And they don't even have any traits that you would think might make them do it autonomously! I've had GOOD sims troll teh forums even!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

My Sims are good, too.  I forgot to mention that.  :o

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #161 on: October 21, 2016, 11:53:09 PM »
When they invite me places, like there's a party at the Bluffs, only to find out, the sim that invited didn't show up him/herself.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2016, 11:36:29 PM »
Probably my biggest complaints at the moment are 'mourn sim X' and the autonomous water thing.

Also, while the household club feature is cool and pretty OP, sometimes it annoys me how dedicated they can be to certain club activities. If 'sleep' is one of the activities, I have to wake my sims up when their energy bars are full and actively prevent them from not going back to bed. If 'eat' is a club activity, the sims will keep eating even when their hunger bars are totally full. But the worst offender appears to be 'read books'. Because the sims seem to interpret this as 'remove books from shelves; cancel all actions to do so'. I told a sim to run on the treadmill ('work out' was also a club activity), but about every 20 sim minutes he would drop the work out action and try to go get a book. And even if they're reading a book, they'll drop the action of reading said book to go and get another book, and I just end up with books everywhere.

I learned pretty quickly not to set 'read books' as an activity for the household club.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2016, 01:16:32 AM »
Probably my biggest complaints at the moment are 'mourn sim X' and the autonomous water thing.

Also, while the household club feature is cool and pretty OP, sometimes it annoys me how dedicated they can be to certain club activities. If 'sleep' is one of the activities, I have to wake my sims up when their energy bars are full and actively prevent them from not going back to bed. If 'eat' is a club activity, the sims will keep eating even when their hunger bars are totally full. But the worst offender appears to be 'read books'. Because the sims seem to interpret this as 'remove books from shelves; cancel all actions to do so'. I told a sim to run on the treadmill ('work out' was also a club activity), but about every 20 sim minutes he would drop the work out action and try to go get a book. And even if they're reading a book, they'll drop the action of reading said book to go and get another book, and I just end up with books everywhere.

I learned pretty quickly not to set 'read books' as an activity for the household club.

@Whirligig,

Oh --- I remember when I set reading as a club activity.  There were at least 25 books in my huge 3 floor, 2 basement and roof deck main house.  It's on a 40X30 lot, and abut 70% of it is taken up by the house.  So, it took a long time for me to locate all of the books.  Besides its size, there are a lot of shelves, tables, counters, desks, etc. --- so looking for all those books took forever!  ::)

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2016, 09:46:26 AM »
The grave mourning, the water drinking, and the trolling drive me nuts. In one household, every day I'd come home from work (one of the active careers) and the child was on the computer trolling. It was her go-to action if left idle. Her trait was loner, which I think would be neutral as far as pushing that action.

Sims eating snacks like cake or something as meals also bugs me. "Oh, I need to go to work and I'm starving. Sure, there are full meals in the fridge, but let me eat this cake that will fill only a tenth of the hunger bar so I can get stuck at work ravenous within an hour, and in a bad mood because of it."

Also, ghosts that brew tea and leave puddles on the floor, and haunt the shower just to break it. I think they just have an affinity for watery messes.