Author Topic: For the Hive II: An Immortal Dynasty (Failed, send to Graveyard)  (Read 8608 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: For the Hive II: An Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 04:32:49 PM »
Thanks, everyone, but I'm beginning to hate parties. Two silvers so far, and I'm beginning to dread the wedding.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 04:42:58 PM »
I am not doing so great on the party front I have a gold medal date. But my first attempt at a wedding was a disaster when the bride peed herself. A dinner party went wrong when Hebe went to work in the middle of it luckily she got the silver she needed for her aspiration. I think keeping the numbers of guests as small as possible is the way to go.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 05:18:00 PM »
One trick I have learnt with parties is to bake a cake in advance and also to have mixology drinks in the fridge that you can pull out. Often with a birthday after everyone has eaten the cake (after you blow out the candles) you will get a goal to eat cake! Tada! Pull out the one prepared earlier that you didn't use to age up and the goal is easily accomplished! Actually I've had to use this trick in three parties, each one gave me the goal to have 4 sims eat cake... after we'd just eaten cake!
Parties get a bit easier when most of your guests are family members too!
Loving your story!  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 03:26:44 PM »
Thanks for the tips, Playalot! I've had two gold medal parties since reading them (but my sims are starting to get fluffy.)

Chapter 3 – A New Heir

I am happy to report that my two drones, Jonathan and Nathanial, have both been very helpful with repairing toilets and watering and weeding the garden.

Nathanial has also been taking microscope slides of our various plants and analyzing them with the microscope. He decided not to become a friend of the world but to be a Renaissance Sim instead.

Both he and Jonathan were sound asleep when I went into labor. The amazing thing is that they stayed asleep no matter how loudly I screamed. It looks like the sound-proof walls really work.

Here is little Bridge Melapis.

And here he is throwing a tantrum for his father. He's not green, but the SQ says that it's just as well. This way it will be easier for him to assimilate into the Willow Creek population.

The day of his birthday, we threw a house party. To my great astonishment, Nathanial took the occasion to propose, adding that since there were witnesses, I couldn't wiggle out of it.

I made it clear that I had no intention of wiggling anywhere. I get a few days off, so we'll have the wedding as soon as Bridge becomes a child.

Later...Early this morning, Bridge leaped out of his bassinet and declared his intention to become a Painter Extraordinaire. But first he must be an artistic prodigy.

We decided to hold the wedding outdoors and invited only a few friends. Nathanial was delighted with the ring I gave him.

But I think he had several drinks too many because he missed my mouth when he tried to feed me some cake. Still, it was a gold medal wedding even though both the refrigerator and the sink broke down.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: For the Hive II: An Immortal Dynasty (new - Nov. 17)
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 03:13:38 AM »
Pity he wasn't green.. but my goodness he is cute! Welcome Bridge.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: For the Hive II: An Immortal Dynasty (new - Nov. 17)
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 02:18:41 PM »
KTK10, we'll have to see if Bezique has green grandchildren.

Chapter 4 – Party Time

According to the Supreme Queen, parties are supposed to be enjoyable experiences.  Much as it pains me to disagree with her, I can't say that I've had fun at any of them. I threw a birthday party for Jonathan and Nathanial, although Nathanial was the only one considered a "birthday boy." They both blew out the candles and became elders. Sadly, Nathanial did not receive enough compliments to get a gold medal for the party, even though I, Jonathan, and even Bridge told him he looked great, etc.

I bought Nathanial a treadmill as a birthday present (Jonathan and I need to use it, too).

The next party I tried was a black-and-white bash. Silver again, even though I made black-and-white cookies, and we listened to classical music and told jokes about penguins:

Q: Why did the penguin cross the road?
    A:  Because he had an identity crisis and thought he was a chicken.

Perhaps I was lucky to get a silver medal.

Finally, I struck gold with an incognito party, possibly because the guests were intimidated by my Grim Reaper costume.

Tomorrow I will host a birthday party for Bridge. It seems unlikely that I will enjoy it, but perhaps it will succeed in getting a gold medal.

I needed to have five friends in order to get a promotion at work. Jonathan and I had a long talk, which made him my friend.

Jennifer Renteria mentored me at the gym, and became my friend as well.

Incidentally, Bridge has completed his Creativity aspiration. He filled one wall of his bedroom with the pictures he drew.

I have maxed the cooking skill, and shall complete the Freelance Botanist aspiration as soon as I max gardening. Here is my garden:

Now that I have begun to harvest death flowers, all I need is an angelfish, a Potion of Youth, and the ability to make ambrosia. Considering that I'm not an elder yet, I think I'm making good progress.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: For the Hive II: An Immortal Dynasty (new - Nov. 20)
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 02:25:33 PM »
Those parties....  ::) I'd agree, you're making fab progress.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 09:15:57 PM »
The parties are always the worst. But you're definitely doing way better than I was... first birthday was a bronze. Sigh.
Looking forward to more.  :)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2014, 09:36:52 PM »
It looks like you're making excellent progress! Good luck with the friend requirements - that's the one I'm finding difficult. :) It's a shame you didn't get a green offspring, but the kid sure is cute. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 01:20:37 PM »
Thanks for reading! Whirligig, I have to work on friends, too.

Chapter 5 – Transitions

We celebrated Bridge's birthday early in the morning before it was time for him to go to school. At long last, I was able to get a gold medal; I also successfully prepared five gourmet meals during a single event – Bridge's birthday cake plus 4 Caprese salads. Here is Bridge painting:

And here he is doing his homework in his more flamboyant everyday outfit. I think he turned out to be quite handsome, but then I'm prejudiced being his mother.

Bridge is not very talkative, preferring to communicate with pictures. When I asked him how he felt about being a dynasty heir, with so many different tasks to perform, this is the picture he painted for me:

"Do you feel like you're all alone in the middle of a storm?" I asked him.

He nodded.

I gave him a hug, then and told him that I would always be with him and would help as much as I could.

The next day, when he came home from his first day of high school, I asked him what had transpired during the day. This was the picture he painted for me:

I think he made friends, but I do not know how to interpret the rest of it. As far as I know, we do not have swings in Willow Creek, nor do we have lawn mowers, and there's nowhere to go shopping. Perhaps those images are predictive?

Now that we've finished with my parties, Nathanial has taken a job as a painter. This meant that Jonathan and I were the only ones at home the next day. We decided to go fishing in one of the other neighborhoods. I couldn't stay long, as I had to go to work, but Jonathan continued for a while.

When he returned home, he suddenly felt very weak. The Grim Reaper must have been waiting for him, because he appeared even before Jonathan fell completely to the ground.

That was a blow, because Jonathan did contribute a lot to my efforts – helping with baby-sitting when Bridge was an infant, helping with the garden, and mixing drinks at our parties.

Worse was to come, however. No sooner did Nathanial return home from work than he collapsed in virtually the same place where Jonathan did. They were twins, so I guess their life span was the same.

It's probably just as well that I wasn't home at the time – it would have been too tempting to give the Grim Reaper one of my death flowers and win a reprieve for him.

But because neither Bridge nor I were at home, we don't feel any sadness over their deaths, which seems very odd. Bridge painted another picture like his first one – the little house alone in the storm, and I don't need to ask what it means this time. I set up their tombstones outside, and planted a weeping cherry to watch over them.

This morning, after Bridge went to school, I baked myself a birthday cake and became an elder.

I still have much to do – I need two more promotions, and I need to make another 12 excellent meals, plus max the gourmet cooking skill. And either Bridge or I will have to catch an angelfish. Oh, and before I forget – I need five more good friends, and a best friend. So I don't really have time for grief.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: For the Hive II: An Immortal Dynasty (new - Nov. 21)
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 02:37:18 PM »
Good luck on your founder finishing up! You can do it!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 03:44:39 PM »
Whew, no time for being sad at all, fingers crossed for you.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 04:39:45 PM »
double death, and then all the things she needs to do, I really hope she makes it.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 10:24:26 PM »
Good luck, I know that you will do it! A race to the end  ;D

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2014, 09:06:26 AM »
Ack, the double death strikes at the worst moment! Good luck on finishing up your founder!