Author Topic: Removing homes from map to replace with library homes  (Read 7474 times)

Offline beardeux

• Occult
Removing homes from map to replace with library homes
« on: November 11, 2014, 07:20:21 PM »
Is there a way to bulldoze a whole lot easily so that I can replace it with a home from my library?

I had previously built one of the homes in Willow Creek and now I want to replace the original in a new world with my edited house.  I did get around this by going into map view and F2 build on the lot in question.  I deleted the house and everything on the lot.  Then I was able to place my library house on that lot.  I was appreciative of the whole room deleting feature.  At present I don't see any empty lots for placement so the size of the lot is important.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline Ijzabela

• Llama Wrangler
Re: removing homes from map to replace with library homes
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 11:27:34 AM »
Maybe there is an even more simple way to do it, but I use the "bulldoze lot", I think it's called. So when you are on the lot, you have a bar on the top of your screen (The bar where the sledge hammer is, for example), and one of the icons is house-shaped (It's called "Lot Info"), and on it should be an option to "bulldoze lot". Use that and then you have an empty lot to place or build anything on. Sorry if I'm not clear enough, I don't have my game open right now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

Re: Removing homes from map to replace with library homes
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 04:38:31 PM »
As far as I'm aware, you don't have to bulldoze at all.  Just place the new lot over the old one.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 06:32:45 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I did find the bulldoze, and I will also try the lot placement overtop in future.  I appreciate the help.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline 1Saved_Diva

• I wish Happy Times in The Sims 4 U!
  • Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 11:18:05 PM »
Also, if you think you may want to use the original lot again later then you could always save it first then use either the "Bulldoze Lot" method or the replace method. I personally like to replace b/c it saves me from having to actually use Build/Buy load the lot only to bulldoze it, then go out to gallery, etc. With the replace method, I just go straight to Gallery from the world map view and download the build I want to use. The map will show me which lots are big enough to handle the one I'm importing. Easy and done in two to three steps. Hope this helps someone!

"I wish Happy Times in The Sims 4 U!"  8)
"To Achieve Success, You Must Be Willing To Risk Failure." tew

Those who "Try" view their mistakes as disappointing ends, while those who "Do" use theirs', and the mistakes of others, as a reason to begin... again."  tew

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 01:58:54 AM »
You can place a lot from the gallery while you are in build mode. That's how I do it when I start a new family.