Author Topic: The Hollingsworth Immortal Dynasty- failed.... Please Graveyard it  (Read 124290 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Hollingsworth Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #465 on: January 15, 2015, 05:49:25 AM »
Oh, Dude and Zach just crack me up. Hope your bugs get fixed, I've noticed the ** in the loading screen but not in my gameplay so far x.x
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #466 on: January 20, 2015, 04:58:54 AM »
It’s a disadvantage for whom seeking Trinity’s heart, because she already hurts to begin with. Just say if there’s a case like this: We know that Lily is very important for Trinity, and she loses Lily for good because of love (but that’s impossible, this is an ID anyway. But can be as a story wise). Doesn’t that mean just make her hate and more afraid to falling in love?

It’s such a cliffhanging end to leave the story like that. I can’t wait to find out. Hope that he’d taking care her heart. However, how people define happiness different from each other. Some of them just happy just the way they are. I think it’s from us to look into a different perspective. Different life, different philosophy and different principle <nods>

And it seems easier if we as Simmer who too attached with our Sims, that’d be a different case if, we hate them since the beginning. I thought that I couldn’t ever do something that. That’s too much to handle >.<

P.S: It’s just me? I notice there’s one image missing in Chapter 92, when glasses guy talk to Lily. I wonder that why you always end up with Sims that had interesting traits *facepalm*, I suppose that’d add more challenges to the Dynasty, huh o_O ?
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #467 on: January 20, 2015, 06:18:02 AM »
@Nettlejuice , glad to know you're enjoying it! Bug fixing is always somewhat temporary but it's kinda exciting to see what will go wrong next!  :P

@arimau , thanks for reading. I'm sure Zack's got it figured out.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #468 on: January 20, 2015, 12:50:58 PM »
You're making so much progress! I'm glad I got Freelance Botanist out of the way before they added the requirement about the cow plant -- I've never liked having one either (going back to Sims 2). Sorry to hear your refrigerator is acting up again. Repairing the game worked for me once and then clearing my cache file worked another time. I could do without it except that you have to be able to cook to make ambrosia.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline atheistcanuck

• Nooboo
« Reply #469 on: January 22, 2015, 04:16:57 PM »
Re: the bugs, I've heard that deleting the file "localthumbcache" and the contents of the "cache" folder will fix that problem with not being able to cook.  The game just regenerates a fresh unglitched  copy of those files.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #470 on: January 22, 2015, 10:37:32 PM »
@atheistcanuck , thanks for the kind thought. I've already done all that quite a few times. It seems that it's just one of those bugs that returns.  :) Welcome to the forum too!

@MarionT, great to have your encouragement. These bugs... well, I just kinda live with them like unwanted boarders that never seem to quite take all their belongings with them when they leave. I regularly delete all cache files and repair my game. I even do the uninstall-download again thing from time to time too. It all clears all the glitches etc up but they eventually return!  ::) And yeah, that cowplant thing, it's quite creepy *shudder* particularly the deep mooing noise. Ugh.

weaselpie14

« Reply #471 on: February 01, 2015, 01:00:08 PM »
Just thought I'd say just how much I'm enjoying your dynasty. Hope you eradicate the bugs soon!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #472 on: February 02, 2015, 02:09:08 AM »
@weaselpie14 , aww! thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying it and thanks for reading. The bugs come and go really lol. I've become a little side tracked just now and am working on my legacy a little and some other ideas for stories. But I'll be back with the Hollingsworths soon  :)

Offline Wolffie

• Ferret Lover!
  • Townie
« Reply #473 on: March 08, 2015, 12:54:23 AM »
Finally caught up after a few days of reading. You're very creative and have an amazing writing style. I look forward to reading more of your stories. Hope you can straighten out those bugs soon.
"I'm not about the hugging!"
                                                           - The Twelfth Doctor

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #474 on: March 17, 2015, 08:01:25 PM »
@Wolffie , thank you! Glad you have enjoyed the story so far.  :) I have to admit to being a little side tracked on revisiting TS3 at the moment but the Hollingsworths will get a bit of attention once the new XP has been released. As to the bugs, meh, they just are a 'thing' with this file I think. I started this file before any patches etc had come out so it's a pretty big and old file so I guess that's to be expected.  :)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #475 on: March 27, 2015, 03:38:30 PM »
I just wanted to say what a fabulous story. In particular the humour and I love the added intrigue with the no face showing until the requirements are met. You have taken fantastic screen shots with this idea!

Can't wait to see what happens next  :)

Offline Jocboos

• blanket bundle
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes I really am a twin. Other twin: audbooh
« Reply #476 on: March 31, 2015, 01:41:06 PM »
That cliffhanger is killing me. Also Playalot, your writing style is amazing. I have a letter that I would like to send to Zach. The letter is listed below.

Dear Zach,
Hurry up and marry Trinity already. I need the adorable nooboos.
From,
Jocboos
P.S: Nooboos aren't that hard, I promise.
"You were fantastic, and you know what? So was I." - The 9th Doctor

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #477 on: March 31, 2015, 04:19:56 PM »
@Tigerskin , thank you for reading! I have to say the Hollingsworths have been on my mind lately so I'm sure once I get my head around the latest xp they will be back for some new adventures.

@Jocboos , lol, I will pass that letter on to Zack pronto. I'm sure he'll come around to the whole 'family thing'  ;). Well he better do or it's going to be pretty tricky for the Hollingsworths to say the least!  :)

Thank you for reading and commenting, it's really encouraging to know that I've got readers out there waiting for my next chapter. Keeps my mind ticking over with possible plots etc etc. I'm quite surprised how my motivation suddenly expired, I guess its a mid-dynasty thing. It suddenly became really difficult to play/write/and enjoy. But like I said earlier, they've been on my mind and that's usually an indication of renewed motivation and enjoyment.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #478 on: April 01, 2015, 07:55:26 PM »
Yeah, I think there's a point in every dynasty where the motivation runs out. Sometimes it's temporary, sometimes it's not.

Anyways, I'm eagerly waiting for these guys to return. :D
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #479 on: April 01, 2015, 09:13:52 PM »
Thanks Trip, I think my motivation is kicking in as I'm daydreaming up plots and things they might get up to! lol I'm still waiting for GTW to be released in NZ and then I think I'll be back into the thick of things!  :D