Author Topic: Careers Patch in December  (Read 5789 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Careers Patch in December
« on: November 05, 2014, 04:31:56 AM »
When ghosts and pools were first announced, the Sims team also announced that in December we would be getting a bunch of new careers but never shared any details. To coincide with the pools patch, Kotaku have posted an article about the patch and ends with some new information from SimGuruVaughn. The Business and Athletic careers seem to be returning!

Vaughan also offered me a bit more clarity about the new career options that The Sims 4 will get (again, for free for all existing players) next month. Vaughan told me that there will be two new career paths added to the game: "Business" and "Athletic." As with the current career options, both of this come with two different branches that Sims can pursue—"management" and "investor" for the business one, and "bodybuilder" or "professional athlete for the athletic one.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was disappointed there wasn't a basic athletic career with the Base Game so I'm pretty happy with that. What do you all think?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Careers Patch in December
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 05:29:37 AM »
I was also quite disappointed that both those careers weren't in the Base game . Very happy to hear that we're going to get them in a patch . Thanks for sharing !  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 06:20:28 AM »
I've been waiting on these as well.  Something to look forward to.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 02:41:02 AM »
Perfect! I'm looking forward to throwing all my bodybuilder sims into the matching career.  :)
I wonder what else will be coming our way?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 02:52:47 AM »
@Gogowars329, did they mention anything about the patch allowing sims to switch career branches? Or anything about fixing the bugs that prevent your sim from advancing if they return to their old career?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 03:13:45 AM »
@Gogowars329, did they mention anything about the patch allowing sims to switch career branches? Or anything about fixing the bugs that prevent your sim from advancing if they return to their old career?
So far these two careers are the only things announced for the patch but I'm sure they will announce something new soon.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Dellena

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 07:03:46 AM »
I'm sure there will be several bug fixes thrown into the Careers patch.  It's a great opportunity to get them out to us without bogging us down with downloads every week.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline armstras06

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 03:38:34 PM »
I am glad the business career is coming back I was kid of disappointed not having it. I hope they add more careers like new ones not just past ones. Like take the medical career and do two paths Doctor and Nursing. Or adding something like a Lawyer career to Law enforcement leading to like Federal Judge or Attorney General.

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 10:37:45 AM »
I am glad the business career is coming back I was kid of disappointed not having it. I hope they add more careers like new ones not just past ones. Like take the medical career and do two paths Doctor and Nursing. Or adding something like a Lawyer career to Law enforcement leading to like Federal Judge or Attorney General.

I'd think Law Enforcement would lead to lawyer instead of the other way around, but that's because entry-level law enforcement (high school diploma/GED or some college) requires less education than a lawyer (4 year degree + 3 years law school - though some areas allow you to practice just by passing the bar exam), usually does in real life. Otherwise, yes, this would be wonderful. I miss having the law enforcement counter-balance to the criminal career.

And the Doctor vs. Nursing branches would be great, too.
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Offline Ciosa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 04:40:11 PM »

I actually like the idea of a medical career path leading to a 'managerial' side and a surgeon side - something like the world-renowned surgeon on one end, and a Chief of Staff at a hospital on the other end.  I think it would be a later break, like in the astronaut path.  A law enforcement career that branched into a lawyer side and a law enforcement side would be great, too.  I would actually really love to see the return of a superhero, too at the end of the law enforcement career path.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Careers Patch Sneakpeek
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 07:49:06 AM »
SimGuruShannon has a small sneakpeek on the Career's Update due later this month:

Check out some of the cool new things you'll get with Careers Update.Don't tell @battlechick that I've tweeted this!

(Source:  SimGuruShannon twitter)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 09:53:13 AM »
I can't wait! Thanks for posting this Bri

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 02:13:32 PM »
Oh , this is great , I really can't wait for more careers ! Thanks so much for keeping us up to date .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 08:52:31 PM »
You're welcome KTK10 and ladybug53. 

I got some more news about it:
The Career's Patch is most likely to come December 16, 2014.  This wasn't from EA directly, but Amazon UK actually lists it on their page.  I also give a big thanks to SimsVIP who had this first.  However, the dates listed for the previous patches do correspond with the other content (the pools, and ghosts)

When/if EA gives an official date, I will corroborate this one.

(Source:  The Sims 4 - Amazon UK)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Another sneak peek...
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 11:34:38 PM »
Another sneak peek of the upcoming career's patch from SimGuruLyndsay:

Don't tell @battlechick but here's a "recreation" of my last meeting using new career stuff! Who's the Llamacorn?