Author Topic: Counters  (Read 14773 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Counters
« on: November 05, 2014, 12:45:04 AM »
Hey guys, I haven't had much of a chance to really mess with build mode, at least not all the little intricacies.  How do you get some of the different counter looks, like they are diagonal? 

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Re: Counters
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:52:53 AM »
If you go into build mode, then choose "by room" and select kitchen, on the left on the picture of the kitchen that you can click on to choose fridge, counters etc, there is a thing on the bottom right that says "auto counters on". If you change that to off, then when you select the type of counter you want, when you click to expand the colour choices, the different counter options will come up, too, like rounded end counters, middle pieces to make an island etc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 01:47:54 AM »
Ah, thank you, Stormi71!  I was banging my head trying to figure out how to do the rounded counters.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 06:22:54 AM »
Stop banging your head, Pam.  You'll give yourself a headache. :)  You know you only have to hop on here and someone will have the answer. :D  <3 the website!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 07:58:07 PM »
Thank you sooo much guys!  That will save me a lot lol!  I'm still learning how to use the new build mode and haven't done much experimenting yet, so this is great!  Dellena, you are so right!  <3!

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:51:59 PM »
Further to what Stormi said about having auto counters off, James from The Sim Supply has a really good video demonstrating some of the things you can do once auto counters are turned off. You can find it here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlOTEijVVTs
It pays to have a look through all the different options of the counters and the higher cabinets, because not all counters and cabinets have the same pieces, eg, the little triangular end cabinets that I used in my Desert Delight kitchen are only available fron on or two different counter styles.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 01:03:13 AM »
Oh wow!  Thanks so much Twinmum!  That was great! 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 03:05:22 AM »
Thanks Twinmum, I will have a look. I noticed they all have different styles ie rounded ends, triangular ends etc.
I use cutaway walls and I really don't like how the kitchen cabinets don't show up when the walls are down. I ended up moving my kitchen to the front of the house where the walls are always up even in cutaway mode, just so I could SEE the wall cabinets. So that's another thing to factor in, before designing an elaborate kitchen, make sure it's against a wall or walls that stay up in cutaway mode, or you won't see your hard work.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 08:27:23 PM »
You can always toggle on and off between cut-away mode, though.  I do it often to take screenshots and such ^^

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 10:57:56 PM »
You can always toggle on and off between cut-away mode, though.  I do it often to take screenshots and such ^^
I know, but I like to be able to see everything when I play. I'm sure in Sims 3 you could see anything on the wall even with walls down?

Dellena

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 04:31:24 AM »
No, in Sims 3, decorative items attached to the wall disappeared if the wall wasn't visible.  The tall kichen cabinets are decorative so will disappear.  Like others, I put the walls up for screen shots.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 04:38:09 PM »
It's way cool to have the different options of shapes.  Too bad it is only for certain styles.  My chef got some wonderful professional style counters for advancing in her skill/career but they only come as straight cabinets.

Has anyone used the triangle shape end piece?  If so do you have a screenie?  Mine just didn't look right.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 06:04:02 PM »
I used the triangle end pieces in my Desert Delight kitchen.

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 08:56:48 PM »
Thanks, Twinmum!  It looks awesome.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Gixxergirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 10:45:04 AM »
If you go into build mode, then choose "by room" and select kitchen, on the left on the picture of the kitchen that you can click on to choose fridge, counters etc, there is a thing on the bottom right that says "auto counters on". If you change that to off, then when you select the type of counter you want, when you click to expand the colour choices, the different counter options will come up, too, like rounded end counters, middle pieces to make an island etc.

I was looking all over last night trying to find the rounded counters.  Thank you for your instructions Stormi71. 

I was also searching for the cute cabinets with the dishes you can see.  Does anyone know where I can find this item. 

I was hoping to use a half way to hide the ugly parts of the stove when building my kitchen.  Does S4 have half walls yet?