Author Topic: Relationships: Making Friends  (Read 21853 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Re: Relationships: Making Friends
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 03:35:34 AM »
About mentoring, my experience is different. Every time I have asked a stranger to mentor my sim at the gym the friendship increases steadily without having being introduced first. My sim can get all the way to good friends without even having spoken a word to the mentoring sim. When my sim talks to them after the mentoring is over they can then learn their traits easily. It's easy to see the double ++ interactions flying as my sim is being mentored. You can also repeatedly ask the same sim to mentor you all with way to a full green bar without having been introduced first.
Maybe mine was a glitch? With my sim doing the mentoring, she just went up to everyone at the gym and mentored them, without talking to them, and the friendship went up. But the other way around it wouldn't change, no matter which sim was mentoring.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 04:06:28 AM »
@ Stormi71, I don't know. It does sound like a glitch. All the sims I've made have made friends easily by being mentored at the gym without being introduced. I usually head to the gym within minutes of starting a new game and hey-presto! at least two new friends by end of gym session, more if I take the time to stay and chat afterwards. (Remembering that you can chat to non-mentoring sims while being mentored, so you can actually build two friend a once.)

EDITED: wow! Sorry, my bad, it was MY game that had the glitch! I repaired my game in Origin today and started a brand new game with a brand new sim I made in CAS and the option to mentor was NOT there until I introduced myself! Sorry for the wrong info! However, after a quick intro, it's all on!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 04:08:16 PM »
See, I think something is odd somewhere. I get the mentor option come up on a sim even if I haven't introduced myself. It only comes up if I'm already on some gym equipment, though. I don't know if Mentor is meant to come up if you aren't on some equipment.
I will play a different sim today (my main sims know the sims that can mentor), and get them to be mentored without knowing the sim first, and see what happens and pay more attention.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 05:09:57 PM »
I just edited the page to include a link to DarkWalker's post showing specific scores, and also summarized some of what can be learned from it for people who don't care to see all the data.

I also threw in a bit about Mentoring and how you can ask to be Mentored to eventually become better at Fitness and Mentor others.

The fact that you can use Socials twice is mentioned, using 'Visit Here With', emotions unlocking intearctions, that you can chat with specific Sims at the computer, and that jokes may affect groups is also in. All in all, I got almost everything you guys mentioned here incorporated into the guide! I'll certainly direct people to this page when doing Romance so as to avoid repetition. This extra information will help a lot of people. Thanks again, gang!

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 05:42:13 PM »
I started using the "chat with" on the computer because I read it can help to make friends more easily. I found it an easy way to bump up the friendship bar, or maintain a friendship. Plus when they are doing that, they don't just randomly stop like they do when doing other activities. It's helpful if you have a few sims in your household, just make one chat on the computer and leave them be for a couple of hours. I make my teen sims chat with someone before school if they are up early enough, but I have to watch them because they won't stop chatting to go to school (kind of like real life lol)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 06:21:51 PM »
Haha indeed. I was able to use Chat With to turn someone who disliked my Sim into a friend, however slowly. It just seems like they don't annoy each other as much with that, so it gives a steady stream of positive standing. Great stuff.

Offline slightlyaddicted

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »
I just discovered another relationship level that I didn't see on your guide but I'm not sure if it would go under romantic or friends. It's "just friends". I got it by having a friend bar below friend level and a romance bar at the same time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 05:12:16 PM »
I just discovered another relationship level that I didn't see on your guide but I'm not sure if it would go under romantic or friends. It's "just friends". I got it by having a friend bar below friend level and a romance bar at the same time.
I recently saw this with both my teen sims. Teen 1's romance level was full, but now it's dropped to zero again, but even though they are friends, it still says "just friends". Teen 2 has a friend who seems to be quite flirty with him, he doesn't flirt back, but that also has the "just friends" relationship.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 05:32:13 PM »

I just noticed this myself today as well . My sim was friend with this female and had just started flirting with her and that's what it said also , " Just Friends " .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 05:50:30 PM »
Thanks guys. I will definitely mention it in the relationships guide when I work on Romance. I do want most of the levels that can appear there, and that one is interesting.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2014, 10:42:15 AM »
Hi Carl! I'm not sure if this is part of a guide yet, but having three people in a romantic interaction (especially if one person just joins the conversation out of nowhere) makes it an awkward encounter, and harder to execute romantic interactions.  :)
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2014, 11:42:07 AM »
Nope it's not, but thanks for bringing it up. It'll go into romance. I noticed that when playing with the Goths. Bella loved Mortimer's flirting, but the kids decidedly did not :)

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2014, 12:10:20 PM »
The full list, as far as I know, from the file LTR_Romance_Main. Some of those are strange. And yes, there are two stages named "lovebirds".

Friendship -100 to -70:
   - Romance -100 to -50: Total Opposites. "One says "hot" and the other says "be quiet".  One says "black" and the other says "go away".  What total opposites!"
   - Romance -50 to -10: Terrible Match. "It's probably best to stay apart.  There's a lot of dislike here. Like, a lot."
   - Romance -10 to 10: Despised. "Things in this relationship have gone awry. Can it be salvaged?"
   - Romance 10 to 50: Hot and Cold. "Are they on or off? People can never tell."
   - Romance 50 to 100: Enemies With Benefits. ""I hate you...but I must have you!""

Friendship -70 to -20:
   - Romance -100 to -50: Terrible Match. "It's probably best to stay apart.  There's a lot of dislike here. Like, a lot."
   - Romance -50 to -10: Bad Match. "Sometimes there's just no chemistry."
   - Romance -10 to 10: Disliked. "This relationship is tense. Things are likely to go awry!"
   - Romance 10 to 50: Hot and Cold. "Are they on or off? People can never tell."
   - Romance 50 to 100: Hot and Cold. "Are they on or off? People can never tell."
   (Yep, it repeats the same relationship here. Same file even.)

Friendship -20 to 35:
   - Romance -100 to -50: It's Very Awkward. "They drive each other crazy, but they also drive each other "crazy...""
   - Romance -50 to -10: It's Awkward. "At least some aspects of the relationship are budding, if not all."
   - Romance -10 to 10: Acquaintances. "Neither friend nor foe - just an average relationship"
   - Romance 10 to 25: Romantic Interest. "It's too early to tell, but there could definitely be something there!"
   - Romance 25 to 50: Lovebirds. "A connection of curious hearts. This is shaping up to be a beautiful romance."
   - Romance 50 to 100: Lovers. "To be in love is a beautiful thing!"

Friendship 35 to 60:
   - Romance -100 to -50: Bad Romance. "Sometimes your gut tells you it's all wrong. And then you tell that gut to be quiet."
   - Romance -50 to -10: Awkward Friends. "Things started out friendly, but then it got weird..."
   - Romance -10 to 10: Just Friends. "A friend will always be there for a kind word."
   - Romance 10 to 25: Romantic Interest. "It's too early to tell, but there could definitely be something there!"
   - Romance 25 to 50: Lovebirds. "A connection of curious hearts. This is shaping up to be a beautiful romance."
   - Romance 50 to 100: Sweethearts. "The foundation of a strong friendship has forged a lasting love."

Friendship 60 to 100:
   - Romance -100 to -50: It's Very complicated. "Aren't love and hate just two sides of the same coin?"
   - Romance -50 to -10: It's Complicated. "The burning romantic desire cannot be quelled, even if they don't like each other that much."
   - Romance -10 to 10: Just Good Friends. "This is a solid relationship built on trust and good memories."
   - Romance 50 to 75: Lovebirds. "To be in love is a beautiful thing!"
   - Romance 75 to 100: Soulmates. "Two Sims, one heart."

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2014, 08:11:14 PM »
Wow DarkWalker!! Thank you! I think I am so inspired by the thought of turning that into a nice table to the point that I will try to do Romance tomorrow! Some of those are hilarious :D

Edit: Doh.. no way to make it a table since it will just be too cluttered, even with the basic names. Only way to show off the funny descriptions is to just list them. Oh well :)

anything