Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908348 times)

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2880 on: July 28, 2022, 12:57:27 PM »
I haven’t played much with the new system yet, but from what I’ve read the big changes are wants come in long-term, short-term and immediate, and there’s a fears system, so could something be done with that? Instead of seven emotional whims, immortals have to complete 4 long-term wants and overcome three fears? Or something along those lines.

Or something else I thought could be fun, could each immortal have to complete a unique achievement? Even if you discount the ones that use multiple sims, there’s still plenty that a single sim can complete.

I like the idea of the unique achievement. I also think it would be simple to just replace the 7 whims with 7 wants, especially as you cant just click to get a want anymore in the same way you could for a whim so in effect it takes a bit longer to get 7 wants now based on what traits etc you have selected. Ive been playing a while since the patch and I dont get many fears on my game, ive had 1 since the patch came out! so I wouldnt recommend utilising the fears part of the system as it appears a bit too random at present (though this may change with the high school pack installed).

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2881 on: July 31, 2022, 07:24:01 PM »

Replacing it with a simple 7 of either complete wishes or overcome fears seems like a good solution.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2882 on: August 01, 2022, 08:54:29 PM »
RuleSet Update

In the rule set, we have changed the "7 Emotional Whims" to "7 Unique Wants"

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #2883 on: August 03, 2022, 03:40:09 AM »
I looked at the rules found on the first couple of posts and noticed that the rules made between late 2016 and 2018 dont appear there so I have a hopefully quick clarification question on one of them I read scrolling through- we had a rule once that we had to choose between lot trait or club perks and only 1 skill boosting on either path. Is this still in effect? Thanks all

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2884 on: August 03, 2022, 05:16:00 PM »
@cyclonenic
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #2885 on: August 03, 2022, 06:00:23 PM »
Cheers for the clarification-don't know how i missed it. Blame it on pregnancy brain ;)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2886 on: August 08, 2022, 02:16:11 PM »

I didn't see Plasma Packs under list for collections. Are they acceptable items? My sim caught the fish themself and then learned the Vampire Lore skill to convert them. It's not a big deal if no, there's still time to put new collectables in the museum. They just have the Evil trait so I thought it would be kinda in theme.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2887 on: August 08, 2022, 02:21:42 PM »

I didn't see Plasma Packs under list for collections. Are they acceptable items? My sim caught the fish themself and then learned the Vampire Lore skill to convert them. It's not a big deal if no, there's still time to put new collectables in the museum. They just have the Evil trait so I thought it would be kinda in theme.
As of right now it's not on the list. I am at work but when I get home I will discuss it with the team.

Shannon

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2888 on: October 11, 2022, 10:15:27 PM »
My first sim in the challenge is now an elder, and she just ate ambrosia for the first time.  Does this mean she will not die? Or will I have to continue feeding her ambrosia? I just want to make sure I did it correctly. Should I have waited until she was dead and resurrected her to life?

She will have to continue to eat ambrosia when her age line begins to sparkle or when she receives a notice from grim.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2889 on: October 28, 2022, 10:11:34 AM »
Is a SIM allowed to retire from a career?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2890 on: October 28, 2022, 10:36:33 AM »
Is a SIM allowed to retire from a career?

If it is the founder/heir, only after they have reached level 10/maxed the career.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2891 on: November 07, 2022, 11:41:33 AM »
General Rules Update

A new Rule set for Carl's Mods has been added in the General Rules section. In this section, we will update certain mods that Carl has that will be allowed to be used in the forums Dynasties. Please Follow the download rules Carl has written and if is listed for Patreon members, we will not list it unless it has been released for free after all testing periods are completed.

The first one that has been allowed for the IDC is Carl's Fertilize & Evolve All Mod. I have tested and used this mod in my non-dynasty files and works great. It will not work towards the Aspiration milestone of "Evolve 5 plants," so you have to evolve 5 plants individually for the time being.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Occult
« Reply #2892 on: November 08, 2022, 08:41:16 PM »
I'd like to ask if we can allow the add traits cheat for situations where the game isn't working properly; such as the current issue with toddlers aging up to children without the Happy Toddler and Top Notch Toddler traits or the occasional error where a sim ages up and loses/fails to gain a trait such as cheerful, bookworm etc. The later rarely happens, but the toddler age up traits have been broken for a while now.

Also, are we allowed to have heirs and/or spares graduate from high school early?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2893 on: November 09, 2022, 11:08:26 AM »
I'd like to ask if we can allow the add traits cheat for situations where the game isn't working properly; such as the current issue with toddlers aging up to children without the Happy Toddler and Top Notch Toddler traits or the occasional error where a sim ages up and loses/fails to gain a trait such as cheerful, bookworm, etc. The latter rarely happens, but the toddler age up traits have been broken for a while now.

Also, are we allowed to have heirs and/or spares graduate from high school early?

1. The cheat is allowed only if the bug hits and you contact the team before using it. So if you have had the bug hit, I will allow it. As for the bookworm/cheerful traits, if you assign the trait at age up and it does not stick, then you can use the cheat, again inform the team before using it.

2. Spares are not tied to the same rules as the Heir so they are fine. Heirs can graduate early as long as they get the notice that states they have met the requirements. After that, I believe they are allowed to enroll into Uni as a teen.

Offline Dismarvel

• Nooboo
« Reply #2894 on: December 10, 2022, 07:49:30 AM »
Does the Master Actor/Actress Aspiration count towards the requirements?

anything