Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908260 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2850 on: February 26, 2022, 05:51:36 PM »

Thanks guys, great answers!

Another thing, I just noticed that Mt. Korombei's Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration grants the high metabolism trait like the Bodybuilder aspiration. I assume that this is also banned then?

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2851 on: February 26, 2022, 06:08:47 PM »

Thanks guys, great answers!

Another thing, I just noticed that Mt. Korombei's Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration grants the high metabolism trait like the Bodybuilder aspiration. I assume that this is also banned then?

It's not the High Metabolism bonus trait that's banned, but the Bodybuilder aspiration's Long-Lived reward trait that's banned. It's considered a form of life extension.
On the other hand, completing the Extreme Sport Enthusiast aspiration grants the Survival Instinct reward trait, which does not extend life, so Extreme Sports Enthusiast should be okay to choose.

@sdhoey can you weigh in on this?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2852 on: February 26, 2022, 06:18:42 PM »
We never banned it because it is NOT a life extension. So you should be fine.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2853 on: February 26, 2022, 07:54:54 PM »

Ah, ty! I keep getting bonus trait and aspiration reward trait confused. Glad to know this aspiration is still on the table!

Offline Cisi_Arashi

• Nooboo
« Reply #2854 on: February 27, 2022, 08:55:21 PM »
Having more children will make the dynasty slower, not necessarily more difficult.  Yes, you have to wait for them to die if your household is maxed at 8 sims.  Both parents (heir and spouse) MUST be living in the house, you can't have the father living somewhere else.

Heirs must result from natural pregnancies where both parents are living in the Dynasty house.

I think the only exception is the seventh heir because by then there is only one slot left in the dynasty house which is reserved for the final eighth heir.  That is why the seventh heir must be a girl or customize his gender to have babies. That's the only one allowed(and required) to Try For Baby with a person outside of the household. Having tried (and failed) several attempts in both the Sims 3 and Sims 4, I know about this rule.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2855 on: February 27, 2022, 11:48:27 PM »
@Cisi_Arashi

Yes, you are correct. There is already an existing rule to that effect in this thread's first post which states:
Your 7th generation must be able to get pregnant. He/she will need to become pregnant without adding a spouse to the household to bring in the 8th and final immortal.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2856 on: February 28, 2022, 09:52:18 PM »
Just an FYI for all the IDC players, the spreadsheet is being updated and revamped. So please bear with us.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2857 on: March 16, 2022, 06:04:39 PM »
Important

Yesterday (March 15, 2022), a patch was released that included a new Neighborhood Stories System.
Specific dynasty challenges may require fine tuning of the Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings.
For the time being, please completely disable NSS by going to your Manage Household screen and clicking the green icon on the upper right corner.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2858 on: March 30, 2022, 07:50:10 PM »
Neighborhood Stories System Update  players do need to go into Manage Households once to disable Neighborhood Stories System settings, because the default setting is all ON.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2859 on: April 01, 2022, 10:36:39 PM »
Additional Rules related to the Neighborhood Stories System for The Immortal Dynasty Challenge
  • At the start of a new or existing dynasty, go into Manage Households to select your global Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings. The default is all NSS settings set to ON.
  • You will need to select NSS settings for both "My Households" and "Other Households." Your NSS settings for "My Households" will not affect your active household.
  • Similar to setting up your dynasty's world at the start of a save, selecting your NSS settings is a one-time process.  Subsequent changes to your NSS settings are not allowed nor is changing NSS settings for individual households.

A Suggestion, Not a Rule
You are only allowed a one-time pass at choosing your NSS settings.
We advise you to load a file other than your official dynasty file to play-test the NSS settings to check how they work before you actually commit to enabling or disabling global NSS settings for your dynasty's world.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2860 on: April 02, 2022, 02:02:13 PM »
Thank you @oshizu for posting the newest update. Hopefully this will be the last time we will have to update that one.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2861 on: April 03, 2022, 03:51:49 PM »
Play On Long for the IDC(Immortal Dynasty Challenge)

Rules for the Play on Long extension

As a whole, the household should endure 2 full weeks of each NAP (Green Initiatives and Modern Development excluded unless your household is in Evergreen Harbor).
The household should achieve each of the 16 lifestyles

This ruling will now be OPTIONAL for the IDC only unless stated otherwise.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #2862 on: April 27, 2022, 07:13:07 AM »
I can’t find anything in the rules (or the last 50 pages of the thread which is when I gave up lol), but I just wanted check if there are any restrictions on how much of the household funds from moving in sims you’re allowed to take? Like if I moved in Summer Holiday should I take just a third of the household funds since she’s one of three sims in that household, or can I take more?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2863 on: April 27, 2022, 08:09:11 PM »
I can’t find anything in the rules (or the last 50 pages of the thread which is when I gave up lol), but I just wanted check if there are any restrictions on how much of the household funds from moving in sims you’re allowed to take? Like if I moved in Summer Holiday should I take just a third of the household funds since she’s one of three sims in that household, or can I take more?

I am checking this right now. Sorry to be so late.

Update: @Meg If you have already moved her in, then that's fine. But going forward, below is the ruling on this going forward.

Shannon

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2864 on: April 27, 2022, 08:43:09 PM »
Merging/Splitting Households

Effective immediately, going forward, when you "ask to move in" one sim from a multi-sim household, you are only allowed to transfer a portion of that household's funds.
Unless you are moving in the entire household, divide the funds by the fraction of sims you are transferring.

Let's look at a few examples:
BFFs: You want to "move in" Liberty Lee, without Summer or Travis. You will only transfer 1/3 of the available household funds.
The Roomies: You want to "move in" J. Huntington III, without Zoe, Gavin, and Mitchel. In this case, you will only transfer 1/4 of the available household funds.

anything