Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908321 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2835 on: July 16, 2021, 02:04:41 AM »

Just started up my dynasty. I'm getting the friendly interaction "Ask to Join Household," but not "Ask to Move In" despite having an almost maximum relationship. I haven't played in so long, did they change the way it works to invite some to join your household? Is "Ask to Join Household" even allowed?

Update: I went ahead and tried it out in a test file, and it seems to work just like the "Ask to Move In" interaction, so I'm assuming it's fine.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2836 on: July 16, 2021, 08:34:19 AM »
Yes it's fine. At some point they change it, but you're fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2837 on: July 20, 2021, 01:59:55 PM »
Updates will be coming, please be patient and give us time to play test the new content and make our decisions.

Thank you

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2838 on: July 22, 2021, 05:49:17 PM »
Updates for Cottage Living:

Lot Updates:

2 Olde Mill Lane
50x40 Lot Challenge: Off the grid, Wild Foxes

3 Olde Mill Lane Lot Challenge: Wild Foxes
50x40  Lot Trait: Natural Light

Please Stay tuned as move maybe coming as we are still playtesting.

Sul Sul

Shannon

Olde Mill Hill (Watson Family)
64x64 Lot Traits: Bracing Breezes, Homey
          Lot Challenges: Wild Foxes

14 Nettle Lane (Moody & McMillian)
40x30 Lot Traits: Convivial, Homey
          Lot Challenges: Wild Foxes

Now, Lots traits are getting a new look. I know you are all going "FINALLY!!"

Lot Traits> Player Choice>Once picked, NO CHANGING! (So pick very carefully) Clubs are still allowed to have skill boost, so don't worry about that one.
Lot Challenges Allowed: Once Picked, They can't be changed.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2839 on: August 22, 2021, 07:45:54 PM »

I see right now Origin is having a sale until August 31 - pretty good one, too (50% off on some expansion packs!). Is it okay to *purchase* but not *install* content in my dynasty file until I want to later down the line? Like, I will want to add it to the game later, but in bits and pieces so I can explore things more slowly. Or do I have to incorporate it into my game as soon as I buy it?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2840 on: August 22, 2021, 07:47:51 PM »
As long as its not installed you're fine.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2841 on: September 18, 2021, 03:06:59 PM »
Update:

When starting your dynasty, if you are offered this by the game, you must decline the offer. If you have already accepted one, that is fine. If not, starting today and going forward, you must DECLINE that offer.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2842 on: September 18, 2021, 03:55:21 PM »
Update:

When starting your dynasty, if you are offered this by the game, you must decline the offer. If you have already accepted one, that is fine. If not, starting today and going forward, you must DECLINE that offer.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Thanks for this update, Shannon. And in case anyone interprets the rule that you only decline the offer in the early stages of your Dynasty, no, it's for the entirety of your Dynasty.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
« Reply #2843 on: February 03, 2022, 08:31:13 AM »
I’m sorry if someone has already asked this, but for the unique rewards, do they have to be reward traits?
they/he pronouns please!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2844 on: February 03, 2022, 09:30:02 AM »
I’m sorry if someone has already asked this, but for the unique rewards, do they have to be reward traits?

No, any of the rewards traits, potion list, etc that is purchased with the points is fine. Also, in the spreadsheet, in the Unique Rewards, click on the "down arrow" and it has a list of the rewards.

Shannon

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2845 on: February 18, 2022, 07:31:31 PM »

My founder just turned elder and has completed all the requirements. Looks like there's no death flower saves for accidental deaths like there was in the Sims 3, any thoughts on how to deal with that? Is it safe to keep death flowers in the inventory of a sim - ie, is it used automatically or do you have to use it yourself? What is the recommendation on how often to eat ambrosia? In the Sims 3, I would have them eat once a week, but now there's no cloning ingredients. Should we wait for that notification that death might be coming soon to eat? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2846 on: February 18, 2022, 07:57:27 PM »

My founder just turned elder and has completed all the requirements. Looks like there's no death flower saves for accidental deaths like there was in the Sims 3, any thoughts on how to deal with that? Is it safe to keep death flowers in the inventory of a sim - ie, is it used automatically or do you have to use it yourself? What is the recommendation on how often to eat ambrosia? In the Sims 3, I would have them eat once a week, but now there's no cloning ingredients. Should we wait for that notification that death might be coming soon to eat? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sims will not autonomously offer Grim a Death Flower in exchange for a dying sim's life.

As for timing when to eat Ambrosia, others will hopefully chime in on this.
You can't clone ingredients but you have a Death Flower plant (I remember your founder buying in Casters Alley) and a restockable fish pond.
You could easy stockpile Ambrosia since it never spoils and sims won't eat it on their own. I'm not sure about ghosts (see Note below).

Since the lifespan of a non-Active sim is typically 10 days, I usually waited until receiving the "Time to get their things in order" message, signifying that my sim had two days left.
Then I would have my Immortal eat Ambrosia after that message. I ended up checking their age bar, too, because I often got caught up with the rest of the household and missed the message.
Also, I adjusted the Ambrosia schedule, so all Immortals would Ambrosia at the same time/day.

NOTE: Ghosts used to eat ambrosia on their own, but I don't know if that's changed because I never leave gravestones out on family lots.
          Just in case, I did store my household's Ambrosia in doorless, hard-to-access room.

@sdhoey  Could share how you handled your Immortals and their Ambrosia?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2847 on: February 18, 2022, 08:01:55 PM »
EDITED:

After my sims eat ambrosia, I keep an eye on what they are doing, I watch the age bar to see where it is at. For me when the bar starts to sparkle, I have them eat ambrosia.

Once your founder/heir turned elder and has completed all requirements, they can eat ambrosia. There is no certain time after reaching elder to do this. I hope this answers that.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2848 on: February 18, 2022, 08:37:45 PM »
Starting the Updates for 2022. Anything that was missed in 2021 will be added to this year's updates.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2849 on: February 18, 2022, 09:15:13 PM »
Updates

Spa Day Aspirations- The new aspirations for Spa Day are not allowed for the requirements. *You can do them as an extra, but not for requirements.*

Scenarios- Scenarios are not allowed.

Neighborhood Stories Aspirations- These aspirations are not allowed The social interactions are fine.