Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908414 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2820 on: July 05, 2021, 04:04:21 PM »

Thanks for all the swift replies! I know I'm asking a lot of questions. Fortunately I have not yet started my dynasty, so no exceptions are needed. I'm still in the planning stage, but now that I've got the okay on the household I want to work with, I think I'm about ready to get started (finally lol)!

"Remember to do them whenever new lots are added to the game." Wait, we can go into Edit World and add lot traits when we buy a new expansion with new lots? Good to know.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2821 on: July 08, 2021, 02:58:54 PM »
Coming with the next update, you'll be able to stock your pond with angelfish once you discover angelfish. With the gardening bug fixed, I'm hoping our Sims will be able to make ambrosia again.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2822 on: July 08, 2021, 04:01:27 PM »
I can't wait. I will be wrapping up my summer semester and will be able to play test and have fun with it. I am missing my game so much.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2823 on: July 10, 2021, 02:19:12 AM »

The Ito family lives at 2-5-1 WAKABAMORI 50x50, which is the dynasty lot for Mt. Komorebi. What should I do with them? Do I just kick them out, or can I move them into an empty house?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2824 on: July 10, 2021, 11:53:08 AM »
@Rhoxi: you can move them into a lot and they are free to move into the household later if desired.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2825 on: July 10, 2021, 12:09:48 PM »
@Trip, Thanks for helping me out lately. This school work is killing me.  :o You da bomb

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2826 on: July 15, 2021, 02:47:53 AM »

I know when choosing lot traits for our dynasty lot we can only have 1 that improves skills. When setting up my game, do I also need to make sure that lots other than my own only have one trait related to skilling? For example, can I give a library both Fast Internet and Peace and Quiet?

Also, can we add lot traits to empty residential lots, or is it just to commercial lots? If we can only modify commercial lot traits, and if we download a residential lot from Maxis and it comes with lot traits, do we need to remove them?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2827 on: July 15, 2021, 01:39:02 PM »
@Rhoxi: I'm going to admit I thought the rules just banned adding new lot traits to non-dynasty lots altogether. Or so I told myself many attempts ago...obviously this wouldn't apply to lots that came with lot traits anyways.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2828 on: July 15, 2021, 08:00:38 PM »

Hm, can I get some clarification on this. Sdhoey *just* said to remember to add new lots and new lots traits with each new expansion/purchase. I spent hours last night setting up my world, adding Maxis lots, and setting up lot traits. The only rule about lot traits I have seen is that my dynasty lot can only have one trait related to skills.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2829 on: July 15, 2021, 08:20:09 PM »

Hm, can I get some clarification on this. Sdhoey *just* said to remember to add new lots and new lots traits with each new expansion/purchase. I spent hours last night setting up my world, adding Maxis lots, and setting up lot traits. The only rule about lot traits I have seen is that my dynasty lot can only have one trait related to skills.

Hey @Rhoxi.

I will update this post in just a few minutes. Hang on...

Okay, I went thread diving, here is the original ruling on non-dynasty lots that has not changed, Editing Lots We have not changed this. So if the empty lots have no traits, then no, you can not add them. Family lots outside of the dynasty, no lot traits can be added.

You are fine with what you have posted about your stuff that you have added so far. I will keep combing the rules and updates and I will update this post if I find anything else for you.

Shannon

Lot Traits Rule as of January 2020

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2830 on: July 15, 2021, 09:19:13 PM »

Okay, so if I am understanding this correctly:

1) Commercial Lots: I can add lot traits. Not sure if I need to worry about whether only 1 skill trait can be added.

2) Residential Lots (other than dynasty lot): I can not add lot traits, but if one or more is assigned to a Maxis lot, I should leave it as is.

Is that about right?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2831 on: July 15, 2021, 09:46:10 PM »
@Rhoxi:
April 02, 2015
Added:
Editing any lot other than your lot (home + retail) is banned, except for putting tombstones in substitute cemeteries.

This would indicate to me that you cannot add lot traits to any lot except the home lot and one where you have a retail store or possibly a restaurant (I'm not sure whether the rule was updated to include restaurants that your dynasty household owns). Nor can you remove lot traits from a commercial or residential lot.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2832 on: July 15, 2021, 10:04:59 PM »

Okay but, I *just* had the following interaction with Sdhoey:

Me:   I also saw this in this thread: "This has probably been asked and answered, but can we add lot traits to Community lots? Yes you can add traits to community lots." Adding traits to community lots ... is this something that you do in Edit World when you are initially setting up your game? I'm new to the whole lot traits thing, so I don't know how it works.

Sdhoey: Yes lot traits are given in edit world or buy/build mode. It should be done at the beginning of the game file set up. I will give the okay to go through this one time to set lot traits. Remember to do them whenever new lots are added to the game.

Getting some wildly different answers here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2833 on: July 15, 2021, 10:11:53 PM »
Okay, I looked at the additions to the rules. I don't know why, but apparently you can change some of the lot traits in Evergreen Harbor. My understanding is still that commercial lots cannot be edited except for retail stores you own.

Some of this will become moot when some lot traits become lot challenges with the addition of Cottage Living. @Metropolis Man, @LenaLJ, @sdhoey, @GlazeyLady, @Teresa, @Trip, this might be a good time to review the dynasty rules with regard to Lot Traits.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2834 on: July 15, 2021, 10:16:41 PM »
Okay, I looked at the additions to the rules. I don't know why, but apparently you can change some of the lot traits in Evergreen Harbor. My understanding is still that commercial lots cannot be edited except for retail stores you own.

Some of this will become moot when some lot traits become lot challenges with the addition of Cottage Living. @Metropolis Man, @LenaLJ, @sdhoey, @GlazeyLady, @Teresa, @Trip, this might be a good time to review the dynasty rules with regard to Lot Traits.

True, With the addition of Cottage Living next week, I have a feeling a lot might be changing.

anything