Author Topic: Death Guide  (Read 11021 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Death Guide
« on: October 31, 2014, 11:18:37 PM »
This one took some serious cheating to come up with good pictures, else it take quite some time. Here is the Guide to Death Types, Prevention, and Resurrecting Sims. I'd appreciate any suggestions for improvement and things I may have missed. I'm pretty sure I'm right on the scoring 7 for Anger/Embarrassment to get to the point of Enraging or being Mortified. Playful was tricky. Being in too good a mood and having an encounter with a high level comedian can straight kill a Sim, although it's unlikely to happen often.

I did finally figure out how to use a death flower properly, and got the Voodoo Doll to stop a Sim's death :)

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
Re: Death Guide
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 03:27:50 AM »
Excellent guide! I was waiting for this one. The only death I've experienced so far, besides old age, is actually the one you said is most unlikely: hysteria. Everyone was at work, and I had her husband rush home, and pleading for her life worked. Each of my sims actually had a dozen or more death flowers at the time, but it was fun to try out some new Sims 4 features!

I was waiting for this one because of of the last achievements I have to achieve is "Vengeful Deity: Kill off 10 of your Sims via unnatural causes."

Speaking of Achievements, are you playing on addresses how to achieve those in a future guide? (Not that you need more work to do)  ;)

Thanks for your great work! I'm going to have a little fun with this one!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 03:40:41 AM »
Does anyone else have a problem with the layout of the death guide?  What I see is the new banner across the top. Then the blue menu buttons down the lft side and some ads under that. To the right of the menu and these ads, it's just white. When I scroll down, I see another ad across the screen and on the right hand side.... oh dang it, rather than try to explain, I'll go take a screenshot or two lol
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 03:49:38 AM »
When I first go to the page, this is all I see. Then when I scroll down, I see what's in the second picture. I'm using Firefox.

**edit** When I view it on my ipad using Safari (i don't use TapTalk) it's fine

**second edit** don't worry, just went back again and all is fine.  :o

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 04:26:33 AM »
I see it perfectly clear and well laid out.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 12:50:22 PM »
I'll edit this today to point out that the death flower may count as pleading. I'll test it though. So if you have one, don't take any chances and hand it over. Failing to plead via another interaction could prevent you from using the flower, or he could move on with the reaping before you get to try.

@Twinmum it may have been an ad lying about width or being outside its boundaries by a few pixels, causing it to break. Hoping we have a fix for this odd behavior coming soon.

@Lindsay I may look for odd ones and describe how they're done, not sure if I'm gonna do a full list since its kind of annoying to me to have them on a per save level rather than account. Player profiles would have been better than per save, letting each of us sharing make a local profile on the game with our saves and achievements undisturbed by others, and also stop cheats from unlocking them. I guess if they meant more to me, I'd do more.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 01:06:51 PM »
I'll edit this today to point out that the death flower may count as pleading.

@Carl, so, when my sim pleaded for his wife's life, and succeeded, is it possible that he succeeded because he had a death flower? I wouldn't have known if he lost them because I literally have 80+ of them between my sims.

Re: achievements, I didn't know that about them because I am playing with only one saved game (except for backups), and I don't use cheats, except right when the game was released to get more Simoleons, so that I could play around with all the new functions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
You get the option, specifically, 'Give Death Flower'. You can still try to plead if you don't want to consume one, but if I recall correctly, I saw options greyed out saying, "Someone has already tried to Plead with the Reaper this visit". That's why I want to give it another test, as I didn't get to writing that down and am going by a memory.

Edit: yes. I'm right. You cannot try to plead, then give a death flower - so don't be a cheapskate, hand it over!

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 08:18:43 PM »
@Carl, you also get that grayed-out message when clicking on Grim if you have ALREADY plead your sim's case, and the Grim Reaper is now "thinking it over" or if you have plead your sim's case, and he or she is now in the process of being revived.

The text is something to the effect of, "why plead twice and risk a bad answer." The actual text is much more clever. I just can't even come close to remembering it right now.  ;)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 09:22:44 PM »
Thanks for the extra info, Lindsay. I had trouble with the voodoo doll until I queued up the toy with death interaction multiple times. They'd stand there trying to mess with him, and I now realize it may have been a voodoo backfire. So that one is worth being careful with and being ready to do it again.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 09:42:47 PM »
One funny, and somewhat scary, thing about the voodoo doll is that one of my sims loves to just pull it out and start playing, or "voodooing," of his own accord. It happens a lot, too. I doubt he would use it to kill someone though without player instruction. Or, are you saying that it can be used to save a sim from death, but not kill a sim? Or both?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 10:04:32 PM »
I've only ever seen the option to save a sim.  :) Well, technically you mess with Grim and if your voodoo is successful it tricks Grim into resurrecting the dead/dying sim. So it's not something that a sim could do autonomously. Besides there has to be a dead/dying sim on the lot and Grim.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 04:33:21 AM »
Yeah, toying with death is just messing with Grim, not calling him to the lot (but that would have been awesome!). Tinkering with the voodoo doll is something most people wouldn't think of when he is on the lot, so I had to get that published a couple of places after discovering it could be done.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 04:52:20 AM »
Oh my gosh, being able to call Grim onto your lot would have been awesome. I didn't even think of that! Maybe the devs might add it if we ask for it on the official forum.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 11:33:23 AM »
On his first visit, a few of my sims befriended Grim, how's this for creepy?

anything