Author Topic: What do you *still* wish was carried over to The Sims 4? (from Sims 3)  (Read 27363 times)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
I love the sims 4 but there are a few things I would like still like to see:

1) same as mentioned by thelittlepakeha: a sprinkler. Gardening takes pretty much all day (because I have to have all plants....) and not having to manually water them may give my poor sims a bit of a life back! Plus weeding seems to take so long...

2) more matching colours for items. I don't particularly miss the full customisation (due to the bloat) but I do find it frustrating when I want an item but it doesn't come with the colour I want to match other items. It's a real bug bear of mine.

3) not being able to control other sims while my main sim is at work/other areas. By that I mean, if I ask them to tend the garden... I want to see the garden has been tended when I get back and not the same as when I left it. Doh. Would be good if you could get them to work on their aspiration somehow whilst you are off lot....

All in all I think sims 4 is a much better game than previous versions, but a little tweaking and it could be amazing.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
I got Sims 4 late because I thought I wouldn't enjoy it. It went on sale and I bought it and I'm enjoying it much more than I expected. The loss of an open world, style creator, and toddlers isn't actually as terrible as I once thought.

I would, however, like if Story Progression could be improved. It's a shame when nobody in town gets married or has children or divorces or anything interesting. They just get gray and wrinkly and die. It'd be nice if other unplayed Sism would just progress on their own and surprise me instead of the player needing to go in and make them do interesting things.

It frustrates me when I take a sim out to the park or gym or something and all other household Sims are out of my control. I don't have Get to Work yet, but I imagine I'd feel disappointed when I took my doctor Sim to work and the other sims at home are just wandering about out of my control. But that's what comes with the lack of an open world, I suppose.

Other things that would be nice to have implemented:

- Cutting/smelting rocks and gems (but I am pleased with the large selection we have now)
- Dishwashers
- Sprinklers (for those darn gardens)
- Keyboard pianos (in case you don't want that giant grand piano)
- Video game systems that work with the tv
- Store containers for things other than books and food...I need somewhere to put all these darn flowers and herbs and collectibles
- Maybe more toys for the child motor skill -- seesaws, swingsets, jungle gyms (aside from the themed ones we have now), pogo sticks, hop scotch, basketball hoops, trampolines... Maybe even some things that can be carried in the inventory, like jump ropes, baseballs, etc.
- Some more things to make with the woodworking bench, and maybe some other crafting objects in buy mode, like something for welding/sheet metal, or maybe bring back sewing and pottery from the Sims 2.
- A use for the flowers you harvest, other than just selling them out of the inventory. I expected to at least be able to give them as gifts. Maybe later we'll be able to use them to make bouquets, put them in vases, or use them in some sorts of potions.

Of course, not all of those are things that would be carried from Sims 3. Anyway, that's all I can think of for now, maybe I'll come up with some more interesting things.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
First of all, I love Sims 4. But I do wish for these things:

Clocks that tell sim time.
And on the subject of time, something that tells you how many weeks your sim has been playing.

The ability to play catch, the ability to play tag.
The ability to have your sim jog to a certain point.

And from Sims 2:  flower arranging and pottery.

One thing I don't miss is story progression. Now that I'm playing rotationally, I'd rather not have my families messed with. It's bad enough that my teens keep losing their jobs.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline officialnathan

• Nooboo
  • NATE!!
Simple stuff like the Buffet table. It's a small thing but it really makes for great storytelling doesn't it? :/ Also balloons...I had to download CC balloons so my sims party looked half-decent :/

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Wat is considered to be their 'official' game packs/stuff packs to be available on physical discs rather than just online.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
I prefer the sims 4 to 3 and a lot of things I *do* miss have already been covered, but the thing I miss the most that I don't believe has been mentioned is actually the kleptomaniac trait. Very useful gameplay wise and also one of my favorite traits for defining personality. I know it probably wouldn't work as well in 4 due to the lack of the open world, but I still miss it.

In fact, I just preferred the traits in 3 in general. Although I understand the changes that were made to better reflect emotions, I always found the traits in 3 more useful (with traits like genius specifically boosting skill building as opposed to random emotional boosts) or interesting (the mechanics of traits such as kleptomaniac or neurotic.)

Also, the ability to lock doors and reliably get multiples, but unlike kleptomaniac I'm sure we'll get both of those eventually.

Offline jestina

• Occult
They've stripped so many careers out of the game. You now have a choice of white collar to far fetched careers. The developers must really have a thing against normal, blue collar type occupations. Where are law, teaching, military, etc.?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
In fact, I just preferred the traits in 3 in general.

I definitely agree with you there. In TS3 there were many more traits over all, and while some of them didn't really do anything important (like Never Nude or Hydrophobic), I felt having so many traits to choose from was a lot more fun and added some more depth, personality, and uniqueness to the Sims that is a little lacking in TS4. I liked being able to choose 5 traits, because I hate being limited to only 3. Not that the Sims in TS4 aren't expressive, especially with the new emotions, but with only 3 traits to pick, most of my Sims end up getting similar combinations of traits.

On a related note, I wish they'd added a traits randomizer. I get why they didn't, they wanted us to put some thought into creating our Sims, but sometimes I wish I didn't have to go on the Internet and look up a randomizer to get random traits if I'm doing a challenge, legacy, etc.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
I definitely agree with you there. In TS3 there were many more traits over all, and while some of them didn't really do anything important (like Never Nude or Hydrophobic), I felt having so many traits to choose from was a lot more fun and added some more "depth" and personality to the Sims. I also liked being able to choose 5 traits, because I hate being limited to only 3.

On a similar note, I wish they'd added a traits randomizer. I get why they didn't, they wanted us to put some thought into creating our Sims, but sometimes I wish I didn't have to go on the Internet and look up a randomizer to get random traits if I'm doing a challenge, legacy, etc,
I also liked the traits more in The Sims 3.  In The Sims 3, I felt like different traits were good for different uses, depending on what I wanted to do with my Sim.  In The Sims 4 they mostly end up all getting the same traits because I usually don't want ones that will randomly give them moods other than happy.  I want my Sims to be in a variety of moods, depending on what they're doing, so moodlets for specific moods don't work well.  And that's what a good portion of the traits are about.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
I actually would like if the trait include some kind of skill boosters too of some sort. Like The Genius got passive learning boost to all Mental based skills. I don't know if they already have that since the description only mention that they would randomly got focused. While I do understand simply being focused already boost all mental based skills, it only provide for 4h and a bit unreliable. This led to the Genius person in question excel no faster at handiness than the Playful sims as long as we keep them in ideal emotions.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
... This led to the Genius person in question excel no faster at handiness than the Playful sims as long as we keep them in ideal emotions.

I so agree with this. I've always said that any sim can do anything, as long as they're in the right emotion.

I really wish that storage cupboards would make a come back. My scientist/gardener sims inventory is just jammed packed full of stuff. I may have posted this before but...oooh, I really wish for storage!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Every time I'm doing collections with a sim I wish they would run faster like they did in The Sims 3 where the high their athletic skill was the faster your sims ran instead of that slow jogging pace that they do now.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
Yeah it's a downside of having smaller worlds space. I guess the devs just think they didn't need to program the running around on sims since the world is (much) smaller now.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
I love Sims 4.  I love the fact that loading time is so quick, I LOVE the multi-tasking and all that.  That's just awesome!  However, there are things I miss.

While I have some files that I do do rotational play with, I do wish for some kind of story progression, one that could be turned on or off.  A bit like the way you can enable aging for all Sims, none of them, or only the active household.  I'm sure some kind of progression could be added.  I'm thinking particularly for things like challenges or Dynasties where you only play one household.

I understand entirely why they went to the loading screens, I do wish you could at least visit lots in your neighborhood without the loading screens.  That would be nice, eventually.

I do hope we get a supernatural expansion again.  I miss my witches XD

The only other thing I REALLY would love is different ways to do stairs.  I would love to be able to make U-shaped or grand staircases, that kind of thing. 

But in all, I do love what they are doing with Sims and in fact, some of the things that many mentioned, they are trying to give us, which is great.  I'm eager to see what they continue to do.

Offline Justwright

• Townie
I agree with most of the items mentioned.

One thing I really miss is speed 4 - fast speed until the Sim finishes the task.

One thing I LOVE is being able to search for items by typing it in.  So much faster.