Author Topic: What do you *still* wish was carried over to The Sims 4? (from Sims 3)  (Read 27362 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: What do you *still* wish was carried over to The Sims 4? (from Sims 3)
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2015, 12:02:11 AM »
Storage cupboards ... and  the ability to organize a sims inventory.

That... exactly

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 10:15:10 AM »
I don't know if this can still be implemented, but I'm wishing for the "level skills until level up" interaction. It's a great help when you have a big family and you don't really want to micromanage their skill leveling, that they automatically stop after a level up occurs. Something I find useful in the Sims 3. :)
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 11:46:18 AM »
I want to be able to drag a whole stack of things from inventories, doing it one by one is tedious when you keep forgetting  :( I would love it if there was some way to buy additional lots so I can give my dead Sims a nice resting place and not curse every time someone goes to mourn the graves  ::) Also, something to store Death Flowers, I'm running out of roof space!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2015, 05:05:55 PM »
Spiral staircases.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2015, 05:28:25 PM »
Spiral staircases.

I was just thinking about this today. I thought I would like to add a second floor to the house I'm working on but I don't really have a good place for a full staircase and was thinking if I had a spiral staircase it would solve my problem.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2015, 05:35:57 PM »
I was just thinking about this today. I thought I would like to add a second floor to the house I'm working on but I don't really have a good place for a full staircase and was thinking if I had a spiral staircase it would solve my problem.

Exactly that! lol

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2015, 05:39:22 PM »

I just updated a Sims3 build with spiral staircases!  Oh my, how wonderful this would be in Sims4, but I'm still hard over on letting us do our own thing with coloring patterns etc.  Working with Sims3 again is so delightful because I can do whatever I want with patterns and colors and it's SO EASY to remodel because the camera angles are just right.  Haven't touched Sims4 in days.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2015, 06:39:52 PM »
I liked that in 3, sims would know their co-workers and boss. I hope they bring that back eventually.
Also the time and day at the bottom - it doesnt show the total time passed any more. I liked knowing how long I had been playing a save.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline MLMII

• Nooboo
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2015, 10:41:18 PM »
-- Graveyards where everyone's tombstone is saved.

-- Being able to plead for your own soul/give Grim a deathflower.

-- Elders being able to eat a birthday cake to die of old age. (As much fun as it can be Woohooing them to death just ... isn't the same.)

-- The "Unlucky" Trait rendering more "bad things" but also ensuring that said bad things would never be fatal due to Grim being a big softie.

-- Cloning Sims at will.

-- Cold Sleep Pods.

-- "Unplayed Sims" being able to have children/lives of their own.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
I'm definitely finding what others have said about it being a bit more simple and back to basics. In some ways it's really good, especially with the loading times. I do wish that you didn't get a loading screen in your own little "suburb" though - just those four neighbour houses.

One thing I like with the gardening is that, even though it does take a lot more time now, the grafting! I really dig that (pun semi-unintended), especially with it making new things. I would like a sprinkler back though, I think that would solve a lot of the time issues. But gardening has always been one of my favourite aspects of every version of the game. (I think my favourite thing to do with the produce was in Sims 2 with the juicer, you could only make particular juices if you had the ingredients. In Sims 3 it really only improved the quality of food, so having it reduce the cost in Sims 4 is kind of nice.)

Oh and on that note - there should be a bigger range of food qualities. I don't feel the same satisfaction watching my chefs gradually produce better meals when it's only okay, good and excellent. Gardening has more quality stages, why not cooking?

I'm also not a huge fan of the observatory or microscope. They're too huge, especially with the smaller lots, and so far I've actually never gotten any prints or anything from them because my sims don't stick with it long enough. So I'd like a small telescope back. The only really nice thing about the big one is woohooing in it, though woohoo in the rocketship is better (and how I'm fulfilling the nerd brain aspiration that requires "launch or upgrade a rocketship 5 times" for my astronaut's husband).

Things I expect we'll see in expansions: seasons, hopefully more supernatural life forms (I'd say aliens, vampires and plant sims for sure, though I hope they stick with drawing more influence from sims 2 over 3 for the plant sims), some kind of vacation thing like world adventures, pets, probably magic, maybe university (again, I preferred 2 over 3, I actually deactivated that EP fairly quickly in 3).

Randomly, one of the things I LOVE about build mode now? Choosing the height things on the wall sit at.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
I still miss the round and octagon roofs. It just isn't the same making a Victorian house without them.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
I wish my sims could play ball... I keep wanting to send them to the park to throw a softball to each other. *sigh*

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Couples cuddling in bed  :( The windmill, solar panels and water wheel to reduce household bills - they were pretty useless in 3 if you had No Bills Ever reward but since you need to pay bills in 4 regardless of Frugal these would be a huge help.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline dodi90

• Occult
Things that I miss:
* The Skill Challenge. It is oddly satisfying to not only master the skill but do the challenge to earn extra reward.
* The ability to cut gem and smelt metals.
* Workaholic trait that give happy moodlet when working and normally want to work hard without extra happiness hit
* Numerous Hidden traits. I used to make baby with maid only so that my newborn sim can cook without leaving any mess
* The water sprinkler for plants.

To complement I give things that I actually like in Sims 4:
* Can perform all upgrades on one appliances, It's usually a choice between unbreakable or self cleaning (granted you can make all plumbing unbreakable. The electronic ones doesn't have that luxury)
* Plants only die from neglect, it pain me in Sims 3 when in order to make a perfect plant i have to regrow the same plant 2-3 times and even when it reach perfect, the plant still died anyway.
* And of course Splicing and Grafting

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
The main things I still miss are:

-An option for story progression, where you don't have to switch households to make sims living in town have children.
-The open world. I know it's not an option for Sims 4 the way it's designed, but if they could at least make the neighborhoods mini open worlds where you don't have a loading screen visiting neighboring lots, it would be great. Being able to have a sim at the gym and the other at the library, for example, would be great.
-The ability to lock doors to certain sims without having to use a mod for it.
-Premade sims that don't all age up and die on the same day, and ones who have relationships with other sims outside of their household at the start.  After a couple of generations, with new sims being generated, this isn't such an issue, but it's a little unsettling to see Grim reap elder after elder on a lot on that first time they all reach the end of their lifespan!
-A public graveyard where you can find urns of sims who died off the active lot that your sim was friends with or related to, or place urns/tombstones of your own sims so they aren't on your lot.
-The ability to edit town/manage worlds and play a premade household right off the bat, rather than having to make and place (and then if you don't want it, delete it) a sim or family from CAS in a new save.

I'd almost add create-a-style to this, but my user preset file in Sims 3 became a monster due to overuse of it, and I could never bring myself to get rid of all those presets "just in case" I wanted them again. It made my CAS and build mode unstable and crash prone, which put me off of taking time to go through it. So while I miss the ability to customize, I'm a little glad I can't end up in that same boat with Sims 4.  For this game, I'd be more than happy with additional color swatches that have a finite number of options that won't bloat the game, but also give more customization options.