Author Topic: What do you *still* wish was carried over to The Sims 4? (from Sims 3)  (Read 27360 times)

Offline arcadiana

• Nooboo
Re: What do you *STILL* wish was carried over to The Sims 4? (from Sims 3)
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 10:01:38 AM »
I really miss Seasons. I would always have my sims take advantage of the snow and fall leaves. I loved the festivals and the way the park changed and had a bunch of season appropriate activities. I also loved dressing up my sims in clothes that made sense for winter, fall, spring, and summer. *sigh* I really hope there's an expansion pack for this.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 09:14:41 PM »
Another thing I miss is in build mode that it doesn't show me the size of the wall or room I'm making. Now if I know I want a 10x10 room I have to count the tiles myself.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline armstras06

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2014, 12:03:18 PM »
There is a lot that I miss.
- being able to walk from lot to lot without loading
-having more public lots and residential lots. The neighborhoods seems small
-There was a camera angle that went up and down it made building easy
- The career selection
- The neighbors coming over to welcome new sims that move in

I am hoping with expansions to come, they bring in supernatural, island paradise (diving), into the future , oh heck i miss them all lol. I wish they would bring the witches assistance like they did in Sim2 magic with the dragons and cats.   

It's as if they are reverting back to TS after the progress from TS2 and TS3

Adding to my previous post. I found out from EA that the developers frequent and one mods simsforums.com, I created a thread hoping to catch them. Not sure if they are on here hope they are because this forum is more active them the other, but this is what I wrote from what I missed or noticed or suggestions for new ideas.

TS3

- Camera angles in TS3 there was an angle you could do with your mouse that would allow you move the camera up and down when you were zoomed in. I found with TS4 I couldn't do that when I needed it when building.

- I hope you bring the into the future and island paradise idea into future expansions really loved it.

- Miss the supernaturals.

-Miss having a car and being able to go places without having a loading screens, it's almost like its reverting back to TS and TS2.

-Miss having more lots to build on.

-Miss some of the old careers

TS2

- Making magic had witches helpers like growing a dragon, I know in TS3 it was brought into play with a world, but I loved it being apart of the expansion itself.

- Open for business you can create and run a restaurant that was something i loved and wished had carried over to TS3. I love now that the culinary career has a catering kitchen for a reward. I would be awesome to expand on that and make it a in home business or purchase a community lot that you can create a restaurant, bakery, or catering company on. Or even with the gardening skill let them be able to run a grocer where you can actually interact in.

- Closet loved the closet options instead of the dresser

Other suggestions

-Make the maid service better the scheduled maid doesn't clean well or doesn't come but once in a blue moon.

-Bring back the family tree please.

-Maybe create a career like clothing designer like " Sims Runway"

I was leery of getting the game, I had no idea what to expect, but finding I love a few things.

Love the wedding part being able to plan and hire a catering, music and mixologist and select from friends. Defiantly like the build mode.

If the developers decided to brings pets back maybe add a vet career.

Anyone else have any suggestions they would like to add. [/b]

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 02:34:37 AM »
Okay, now that Pools are available, I find that I miss the diving boards and slides, as well as the poolside bar, where you could order a drink without having to get out of the water. The spa/hot tubs I tend to miss when I want my sims to have a romantic evening... just the small stuff as usual.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 09:00:38 AM »
In regards to just both Base Games , the only things I really miss are , the family tree and when building that it would show how many tiles have been done instead of having to count each one yourself as grimsoul has already posted above .  Otherwise I'm sure other things will follow in an Expansion , World or Stuff Pack .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline philkewley

• Nooboo
    • Adventures of my Simself
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 10:02:37 AM »
I really miss the fact they can't eat the fruit & veg they harvest, also games consoles, hot tubs and watching TV in bed. But I do like the way they fall asleep in the bath :)

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 04:57:03 AM »
@grimsoul, I'm glad you mentioned that. It was the FIRST change that I noticed when I started playing, and I found it quite annoying as well. I wonder why they changed it.

@armstras06, I think that a lot of the things you mentions stand a good change of being brought back in later expansion packs. I do wish we had a few more lot because I've completely filled up my neighborhoods and would like to be able to play around with building houses for fun without having to move someone out of their home and demolish it.

@ladybug53, I miss the family tree sooooo much.  :)

@philkewley, I also LOVE that they sleep in the bathtub!! My sims sleep almost exclusively in the bath now!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 08:47:41 AM »
Not sure if it was mentioned, but what is terrible for me is that sims' coworkers/schoolmates doesn't appear in relationship bar. And the überfast decay of relationship.
Also, 64x64 lots will be missed a lot as stuff is added

What is good that "save and quit" takes much less time than in TS3, probably thanks to loading screen travels as it has less stuff opened at once and saving continuously.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 03:44:08 PM »
Recoloring!!  I love to build but I get so frustrated trying to match colors with the styles that are available and the itsy bitsy teeny tiny little color charts that are available for choices have caused me to resort to use a large magnifying glass to be able to see them!!  VERY annoying.  I want to be able to select a piece of furniture and use my color wheel/chart, which was quite nicely large enough in TS3, to make it whatever pattern and colors in that pattern that I wish.  This goes both for clothing and build items. 

I've almost gotten used to the horrible camera angles and floating up of the camera when building but it is such a nuisance.  TS3 camera was just fine.  Not broke, so why "fix" it, aka make it worse?  It makes it much harder to get the perfect screenie and definitely a royal pain when building.  It takes me literally days to build anything even close to what I want, mostly from the camera, and even at that I'm not always thrilled with the final result as I often will catch something placed not quite right.

While we're discussing build things, how about giving us back MOO?  I SO miss not being able to make some really creative furniture pieces by gently nudging things together or getting that lamp placed just so behind a chair by using MOO.  Or being able to make a really fabulous landscape using MOO. 

While many really love the pulling and pushing body parts around to create a unique looking Sim, I'm finding it a royal pain.  Give me my sliders back!  I do like the hair and different eye shapes though.  In TS3 it was so easy to create a Sim look alike for people you know but in TS4 they all basically look the same and are very cartoony to me.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: What do you *still* wish was carried over to The Sims 4? (from Sims 3)
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2014, 05:33:54 PM »
Y'all need to make sure this doesn't become a complaint thread.  To keep from being locked, it needs to have good constructive comments.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 08:27:48 PM »
I miss the sliders too, Joria. I feel like all my sims look to similar!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2014, 12:16:38 AM »
Unless there is something I'm overlooking I miss being able to save a household with their house instead of having to save the house and household separate.
I use to do this quit a bit if it was to just move them to a different town or put them in a fresh town because of lag.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2014, 03:25:32 PM »
Recoloring!!  I love to build but I get so frustrated trying to match colors with the styles that are available and the itsy bitsy teeny tiny little color charts that are available for choices have caused me to resort to use a large magnifying glass to be able to see them!!  VERY annoying.  I want to be able to select a piece of furniture and use my color wheel/chart, which was quite nicely large enough in TS3, to make it whatever pattern and colors in that pattern that I wish.  This goes both for clothing and build items. 

I've almost gotten used to the horrible camera angles and floating up of the camera when building but it is such a nuisance.  TS3 camera was just fine.  Not broke, so why "fix" it, aka make it worse?  It makes it much harder to get the perfect screenie and definitely a royal pain when building.  It takes me literally days to build anything even close to what I want, mostly from the camera, and even at that I'm not always thrilled with the final result as I often will catch something placed not quite right.

While we're discussing build things, how about giving us back MOO?  I SO miss not being able to make some really creative furniture pieces by gently nudging things together or getting that lamp placed just so behind a chair by using MOO.  Or being able to make a really fabulous landscape using MOO. 

While many really love the pulling and pushing body parts around to create a unique looking Sim, I'm finding it a royal pain.  Give me my sliders back!  I do like the hair and different eye shapes though.  In TS3 it was so easy to create a Sim look alike for people you know but in TS4 they all basically look the same and are very cartoony to me.

I couldn't agree more with everything you've said here. I have other things on my list, but this sums it up on some of the major ones.

Offline dharmagoddess

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 11:59:20 AM »
I wish I could customize in CAS and build mode. It would be nice to do custom colors and patterns again. I also miss the open world of Sims 3 instead of all the loading in Sims 4.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 07:10:08 PM »
Storage cupboards ... and  the ability to organize a sims inventory.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.