Author Topic: What do you *still* wish was carried over to The Sims 4? (from Sims 3)  (Read 27361 times)

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
Now that I've had The Sims 4 for almost 2 months, there are very few things from The Sims 3 that I still miss.

One aspect of the game that I still miss though are the skill-related objectives that used to be tracked in your "skill journal."

I'd like to be able to know how many fish I've caught, what types, how many meals I've cooked, which upgrades I've completed, etc?

What about you all? What do you miss, if anything?

Offline SimsSherry

• Nooboo
Re: What do you *STILL* miss from The Sims 3?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 02:17:49 PM »
Totally agree about missing the skill journal!

I also miss:

- Being able to carry fruits and veggies in the Sim's personal inventory so he can eat them when he is off lot and really hungry.
-  I still really miss the open world, the load screens whenever a Sim wants to travel get annoying. I understand why they made it this way but I still don't like it.   Especially when the lots are side by side. I also liked being able to switch quickly back and forth between Sims even if one was off lot, which isn't really doable now.
- Sprinklers for gardens, dishwashers
- The baby not being attached to the crib

I really was disappointed in Sim's 4 at first, but it has grown on me and now I enjoy it.  I hope they put out an EP sooner than later, though, because play does get boring after a while. I solved that by doing a legacy challenge!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 04:08:42 PM »
Exactly what simSherry said. As well as townies staying put. And the skill journal removal sucks.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 06:53:44 PM »
I miss having a family tree to keep track of blood relations in town.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 07:09:45 PM »
@SimsSherry, I also really miss not being able to control the rest of your sims when one needs to go to the gym or something. It means neglecting the rest of the family so that one sim can fulfill a whim or part of an aspiration.

@Lisa46, I also wish the townies would stop disappearing. My sim had babies with 3 townies, who disappeared, but the kids remained.

@grimsoul, I'm glad you brought that up. The other day I was wishing so badly to just have a simple family tree!  :)

Despite missing all of these smaller things, I think The Sims 4 fixed some major problems that, in the end, made The Sims 3 almost unplayable. (I was actually waiting 55 minutes anytime I wanted to load my Sims 3 game!)

Offline kellie13

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 10:01:17 PM »
I'm with Grimsoul, I will always miss the family tree.

Offline Greenhat

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 10:51:48 PM »
I miss the mouse-over-the-clock-to-see-what-week-this-is function. Apparently, in Sims 4, the only way to track the passage of days is by generations, and since I play with immortal Sims, that's annoying. I liked knowing how long I'd been playing a family.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Franki

• Occult
Re: What do you *STILL* wish was carried over to The Sims 4? (from Sims 3)
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 12:02:43 AM »
Like a few here, I miss the family tree and the townies that actually stayed put instead of disappearing as well as dishwashers. I also miss being able to have your own car and that gardens were far less maintenance in Sims 3 than in Sims 4, currently feels like I spend more time maintaining the garden than I used to.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 12:25:13 AM »
Totally agree with the gardening thing, I tried to garden and my sim just can't do anything else.

Offline markarch

• Townie
    • Fletcher Legacy
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 06:50:02 AM »
Toddler! I actually still desire for it to be in TS4. I just hate the baby so much because they all look the same as you can't customize them.

Also being able to buy your written book from computer. It's weird that we can sell that to other people but we can't buy it ourselves

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 10:14:52 AM »
I miss the customizable life spans.

The parents usually die before their kids get married in normal age spans, especially if they took their sweet time to date a few people in their adulthood. Having a leeway life stage really delayed the deaths a bit without using ambrosia or potion of youth.

I really hope they add this as a patch again.
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Offline armstras06

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 10:52:10 AM »
There is a lot that I miss.
- being able to walk from lot to lot without loading
-having more public lots and residential lots. The neighborhoods seems small
-There was a camera angle that went up and down it made building easy
- The career selection
- The neighbors coming over to welcome new sims that move in

I am hoping with expansions to come, they bring in supernatural, island paradise (diving), into the future , oh heck i miss them all lol. I wish they would bring the witches assistance like they did in Sim2 magic with the dragons and cats.   

It's as if they are reverting back to TS after the progress from TS2 and TS3

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 01:28:19 AM »
I really, really miss when you choose "change outfit" that there's not a little thumbnail picture of the outfit. My sims always have the maximum of five every day outfits, and I only ever remember what everyday 1 is, so I have to keep changing into each outfit till I find the one I want.

Offline Cipher

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 05:53:23 PM »
There are actually a few things I do miss from Sims 3, but I have the feeling they'll be coming back around in the form of new expansion packs, downloads or possibly free content.

1) I dearly miss the lifespan that can be customized down to individual age brackets.
2) I desperately miss the various supernaturals. The Fae in particular would just be fantastic with this new more time-demanding gardening.
3) Larger lots. I'm strange and I have this aversion to destroying the Maxis-made houses to free up the bigger lot sizes so I can tinker with home designs.
4) I have a space-worthy vessel. I managed to capture a space critter that bit me and stuffed it into a hamster cage. Why can I not explore the cosmos and pick up a qt3.14 alien girlfriend?

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 02:41:24 AM »
@Cipher, I miss the lifespan customization feature, too. However, I've made up for it by playing with aging disabled and then throwing birthday parties and aging my sims up when they're/I'm ready.  :)

I also don't like destroying Maxis's lots, but I finally broke down and did so but only after saving them to my gallery so I can bring them back whenever I want.