Author Topic: What do you *still* wish was carried over to The Sims 4? (from Sims 3)  (Read 27352 times)

Offline Zanriel

• Nooboo
Re: What do you *still* wish was carried over to The Sims 4? (from Sims 3)
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2015, 03:52:29 PM »
Supernatural/magic, sci-fi (aliens, robots), and the romance/attraction system. Actually Sims 2 had the best romance/attraction system but after a few expansions Sims 3 had a pretty good one too.

Supernatural, University Life, and Into the Future are my favorite Sims 3 expansions. The groups from University Life and social networking added a lot of depth and charm.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2015, 10:14:27 AM »
Definitely more traits. I'd also like to have a wishing system like The Sims 3, when we could see what the sims wished for and choose to lock them in if we wanted, instead of only getting new wishes if we canceled one that is already there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2015, 11:55:32 AM »
Let's see.  I still miss the world editor, CASt and terrain tools.  I miss them a lot because I find I just can't edit a neighborhood to fit my stories.  I'm concerned about alternate life states too because recently Sim Guru Lyndsay was asked about the life state for GT and she said there wasn't one.  That might not have worried me but she said they were never meant to be a tradition so I don't know what their future might be.

Offline Zanriel

• Nooboo
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2015, 03:39:02 AM »
I reinstalled Sims 2 yesterday and I've been playing it a bit. It's so nostalgic! I still think it had the best music. It's definitely more hardcore - it's pretty easy to get your Sims all twisted up where they have multiple needs in the red and not enough time to fill them all. At first, meals only fill up your hunger halfway, you have a comfort bar to worry about, and it's all very twiddly trying to juggle everything.

But I loved how easy it was to get reward points... just go on a date! Make a custom lot that has everything for their needs (including coffee) and send them out on a date, they can party all night and come home with platinum happiness and a bucket full of reward points, and all their needs maxed, yet no time has passed. It's great!

I do like they brought back elements of the Sims 2 dating system. I thought it was a lot of fun getting all those custom date-related wants letting you rake in the points. I also like how they expanded that to "get to work". Although I wish you'd get points for all those tasks in Sims 4, it's still cool to have a bar to fill for doing different things.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2015, 06:56:58 AM »
There are lots of little things I miss, but mainly it's the open world philosophy of Sims 3.  The lot loading is an immersion killer for me.

Offline itsjustgeekthings

• Nooboo
    • It's Just Geek Things
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2015, 09:50:51 AM »
Well I still miss the open world because I hate the loading screens and they make me want to stay home more. I don't like the babies and wish there was another life stage between them and kids. I recently wrote a blog post about this if you want to check it out  :) :

http://itsjustgeekthings.com/10-things-im-still-missing-in-the-sims-4/
I love the Sims. Check out my blog:
http://itsjustgeekthings.com/

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2015, 04:01:02 AM »
Well I still miss the open world because I hate the loading screens and they make me want to stay home more. I don't like the babies and wish there was another life stage between them and kids. I recently wrote a blog post about this if you want to check it out  :) :

A lot of those things you mention in your blog were explained nearly a year ago by Simgurumax in this tech tread on the official forum. It's a long thread but it is worth a read for the sake of being up to date on your blog. :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782859/simulation-tech-talk/p1
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline itsjustgeekthings

• Nooboo
    • It's Just Geek Things
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2015, 07:15:59 AM »

A lot of those things you mention in your blog were explained nearly a year ago by Simgurumax in this tech tread on the official forum. It's a long thread but it is worth a read for the sake of being up to date on your blog. :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782859/simulation-tech-talk/p1

Yeah I understand that some things just doesn't work in the Sims 4! But thanks will read it  :)
I love the Sims. Check out my blog:
http://itsjustgeekthings.com/

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2015, 12:24:07 PM »
There are so many things I miss, but I'd be willing for them all to disappear if they would bring something unique to TS4... Something we've never seen in a sims game before! I don't know what that would be, but I'd be willing to sacrifice some stuff for it!

That being said, I really miss pets and supernaturals :-(

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2015, 09:03:14 AM »
Something I really miss is the ability for sims to retain their que when you leave the lot with another sim.  I hate that I can't que up what needs to be done or worked on and then go to the retail shop with another sim.  At the same time, I miss being able to jump from sim to sim at different locations; you can do that now, but you have to deal with the load screen and the fact that the sim(s) you leave behind stop what they are doing.  I also REALLY miss options for stairs like spirals; and why can't we put stairs on an angle?!

Offline smaurine82

• Townie
    • Jensen Legacy
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »
@Magpie2012 
They added emotions. I thought that was something totally new. The also added better group behavior, something totally new. I haven't purchased the game however because I'm holding out for toddlers. Until they add toddlers I'm sans Sims 4.

Offline deenahax

• Llama Wrangler
    • Deena_Hax YouTube Channel
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2015, 05:45:19 PM »
Oddly enough I miss the graveyard and it's creepy music after midnight.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2015, 03:32:26 AM »
Yeah the graveyard really creeps me out on Sims 3 especially when I only go there to fish deathfish. By the way while we do have mixologist skill, I like the Late Night one more for the variety of custom drink that we can make. I also miss Nectar Making but I hope they change the mechanic a bit. While I like freedom of mixing any kind of fruits, It require tedious trial and error to produce the best nectar possible.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2015, 06:30:20 PM »
It's been said before but I'll say it again, (and again, and again), I wish you could recolor objects and make patterns.  The same old boring wall papers and furniture colors and covers are annoying.  I have to say they did a half way decent job on MOST clothing but I'd still like to make it my own with my own color choices and patterns.  I also wish we had more choices for lot sizes and could bulldoze lots and add whatever size(s) we want.  AND, while we're at it, how about being able to put down lots in open spaces?  Oh wait, there aren't any open spaces.  (sigh)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2015, 03:55:14 PM »
More travel and exploration similar to World Adventures. I miss that expansion so much.

anything