Author Topic: Sim won't age up  (Read 31256 times)

Offline Fashionsimm

• Llama Wrangler
  • Billion Dollar Baby
Sim won't age up
« on: October 30, 2014, 03:24:09 PM »
Hello everyone!
A few hours ago I was playing my sims 3 100 baby challenge save. So three of the kids have their birthdays and so I bought three birthday cakes and I went to age the first one up. First the normal birthday procedure went on, they were blowing horns and waving flags but then the birthday girl just went a way and did something else while everyone still cheered. She didn't age up so I quit without saving. Prior to that I had her and her brother who were going to age up go to the park so there wouldn't be so many people. In the cheat box I typed testingcheatsenabled true. There the same thing happened. It always looks likes he's going to grow up but she never does she just goes and does something else.
Should I just wait for them to age up by themselves? I think the same thing will happen. Thanks in advance!  :)
Bl♡e Haired Diva
-------------------
Wang Legacy Challenge
Must haves (TS4):Vampires, City Living

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
Re: Sim won't age up
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 05:26:01 PM »
Hello!

Do you always play with the cheats enabled? I sometimes forget to turn mine off for taking screenshots and it causes my game to not save and sometimes the birthday bug too. I usually turn off cheats, close the game and open it again without cheats so you should try that. You can also trigger age with cheats and the last option I can think of is to save the family to the bin and place them back in again. Hope that was helpful.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ekj111

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 01:40:44 PM »
there is another way besides moving the family to the bin. if you still cant get the sim to age up what you do is enable cheats, shift click the sim and click edit in cas, change the sims age in there and click accept. after you get back to the game the sim will probably look very weird to fix that you hit ctrl shift c and typ 'resetsim (sims name)'. this always works for me but the sim has to be at least a toddler.

Offline Fashionsimm

• Llama Wrangler
  • Billion Dollar Baby
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 03:21:23 PM »
The sim is a child. Will that work? :o
Bl♡e Haired Diva
-------------------
Wang Legacy Challenge

Offline ekj111

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 11:10:24 PM »
yeah it always works for me, turn on cheats, shift click sim, select edit in cas, change sim from child to teenager, click accept, hit ctrl shift c and type 'resetsim (sims name)'

Offline Fashionsimm

• Llama Wrangler
  • Billion Dollar Baby
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 02:46:11 PM »
I aged her up in MasterController then reset her but when I went into 'job' the panel, I found that it sys she is still an elementary student and her grade and her homework are there. It also says every kid (including her) don't have school for 2 days!  : :(
Bl♡e Haired Diva
-------------------
Wang Legacy Challenge

Offline Fashionsimm

• Llama Wrangler
  • Billion Dollar Baby
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 01:48:21 PM »
I found a fix for anyone who has this glitch. Click on the sim thsn click nraas --> MasterController --> advanced --> Resetsim. This will then reset them. After that open uo the cheat box and type in testingcheatsenabled true then shift-click the sim and trigger age transition! Hope this helped anyone with similar problem :)
Bl♡e Haired Diva
-------------------
Wang Legacy Challenge

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BonnieLM77

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 11:00:14 PM »
I have this issue too, but it's happening with a child female sim and not a toddler, when I use cheats to trigger transition, she just shakes the birthday shaker and then walks off, it was working before because she aged from a toddler to a child just fine, and previous games I was playing the children aged just fine, I did install a couple of new outfits and items recently so that might have caused it but I always check with Custard before installing anything and Dashboard afterwards, I haven't tried another family yet, so that's the next step I will try, I'm also uninstalling some of the files I installed just shortly before this happened but while it was still working.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2022, 10:37:28 PM »
If resetting the Sim isn't working, you might try evicting the household. See this post to see how to do that.

If that doesn't work and you're okay with using mods, try using Nraas MasterController to Reset Everything.

MasterController:
https://www.nraas.net/community/MasterController

Reset Everything -
With your Active Sim, click on map view and City Hall > MasterController > Town > Reset Everything

Click image to see larger view -

====
Reference Link:

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline BonnieLM77

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 07:26:00 PM »
I tried loading the save game back up and then it would allow me to age my child sim with Master controller, before it wouldn't even let me go into CAS, so I may have just had a corrupted save game.