Author Topic: Sub-Par Maid Service?  (Read 4018 times)

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
Sub-Par Maid Service?
« on: October 23, 2014, 05:07:55 PM »
Does anyone else feel that the daily maid service in The Sims 4 leaves much to be desired?

I feel like my house is always dirty, and the maid is never there. Anyone else?

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
Re: Sub-Par Maid Service?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 12:53:06 AM »
Yup, I feel the same way. They may or may not come each day, and then they will clean up whatever they want and charge you $60 here or $120 there lol I miss the ones in Sims 3.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 04:54:33 AM »
I usually just clean the house myself. And then bring in a maid every few days to clean the things I missed out. Besides, cleaning the house is more fun with that recycling trashcan.  ;)
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 12:23:01 PM »
I usually just clean the house myself. And then bring in a maid every few days to clean the things I missed out. Besides, cleaning the house is more fun with that recycling trashcan.  ;)

@imayu94, What do you mean "recycling trashcan?" I don't think I've tried that one out yet. I would like to though.

I've started to feel like I've "done it all" in TS4 already, but then I read a new post or one of Carl's guides and find something fun and new to try!

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 05:26:01 PM »
I believe it's called the NanoCan or something like that. I think it costs about 2000 Simoleons so it's kind of expensive but everytime you throw something away it "recycles" it and gives you some money back.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 07:29:22 PM »
I believe it's called the NanoCan or something like that. I think it costs about 2000 Simoleons so it's kind of expensive but everytime you throw something away it "recycles" it and gives you some money back.

It's around 1800 a piece I think and it spews out a range of 20 to 40 Simoleons (usually 30) when throwing trash and plates. Usually it's like pulling money out of nothing because eating a quick meal costs nothing and returns 30 Simoleons after you eat. Party size meals don't cost as much either on low levels of cooking. I just have to make sure that my sims don't wash their plates in the sink.  :D

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 07:48:33 PM »
It's around 1800 a piece I think and it spews out a range of 20 to 40 Simoleons (usually 30) when throwing trash and plates. Usually it's like pulling money out of nothing because eating a quick meal costs nothing and returns 30 Simoleons after you eat. Party size meals don't cost as much either on low levels of cooking. I just have to make sure that my sims don't wash their plates in the sink.  :D
Mine returns 10 every single time.  I wonder why yours gives more.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 08:49:31 PM »
Wow, I like it.

So far, The Sims 4 encourages healthy eating and exercise (because your can sims become seriously obese very quickly) and now also rewards recycling!

A great game AND a medium for effecting healthy lifestyle changes and environmental protection!  :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 11:10:02 PM »
I think the nano-can returns $10 per sim living in the house.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 04:39:41 PM »
I think the nano-can returns $10 per sim living in the house.

Really? I have 7 Sims in a household I'm playing and I've never noticed it giving back $70... But I did see $7 so I probably wasn't looking closely enough and missed the extra 0 at the end. ::)

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 11:42:02 PM »
I experienced a maid before that just waited outside my door. From morning till night it was there, just knocking on the front door.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 06:13:11 PM »
@imayu94, I saw that many times in The Sims 3, but not yet in The Sims 4. I'm hoping that issue is fixed. Now if only my maid would stay and clean.

I'm starting to think the problem is that the maid is too efficient. He or she comes in, cleans everything that is dirty at that exact moment and then leaves. Perhaps, they need to make the maid stay from 9 to 5 and keep cleaning as things get messy.

I feel I'm starting to think and write like a tester again (my old job). A lot of what I'm saying is based on conjecture about how the code might be written haha.

anything