Author Topic: Teenagers  (Read 38106 times)

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
Teenagers
« on: October 22, 2014, 11:49:23 AM »
Hey all, I skimmed over all the topics and didn't see one about Teenagers.
My Sim family has six children (one adopted), and it was a joy seeing them all as babies, and now children. I do believe the interactions children have now are better than Sims 3.  I do still miss toddlers though. 
So now, Jaxton and Kaleigh are now teenagers and I was trying to find out about jobs for them, and I saw it posted that Teenagers are nothing more than Young Adults, but with no kind of Romantic interactions. While this is okay, it is kind of sad because they don't go on dates, or go to their prom, or anything fun that Teenagers do.  I hope they will change this later on. Since we will be enjoying our Sims at some form of adulthood, the Teen years should be different, right? 

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: Teenagers
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 11:54:41 AM »
Teenagers do have romantic interactions, but not the prom and some of the other opportunities that teenagers had with expansions to TS3. You can still romance other sims and I believe teenagers are able to go on dates, but I've never personally done that one. If you don't have romantic interactions available, it's because your teenager is attempting to romance a young adult or adult. Since they all look the same, this is pretty confusing.

There's been a post about jobs for teenagers, but I don't know exactly where it was posted. I think justproud2b posted it though, so you might go through his posts to see what you can find for it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »
Oh wow.... maybe the guy she is talking to is an adult?  They are best friends now, but no romantic interactions.  Boo lol  I wish there was a physical way of telling Teens and Young Adults apart lol

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 02:31:13 PM »
justproud2b's thread is here... it's about teen jobs but it's cool to read.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21682.msg388575.html#msg388575
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »
I had a teen sim take his romantic interest on a date. Wasn't very successful, as he kept making moves and although she complied, she was feeling awkward and very awkward. Maybe she just doesn't like PDA's, as they were in the nightclub. There were plenty of romantic interactions, including "try to seduce".

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 05:36:27 PM »
Oh wow.... maybe the guy she is talking to is an adult?  They are best friends now, but no romantic interactions.  Boo lol  I wish there was a physical way of telling Teens and Young Adults apart lol
Yeah, I also wish you could tell a teen from an adult/make it so they don't look the exact same. Like, my Sim!Self is nothing like me because she looks way older (and taller) than I actually am. :/

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 07:25:15 PM »
The only sure fire way of telling if a sim is another teen or not is to see if romantic conversation options are there.
If your sim's a teen and you can't even see romantic interactions at all... you're talking to an adult!  :)
If your sim's a teen and you CAN see romantic options... then you're talking to another teen. Least that's the only way I can tell.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 07:35:43 PM »
Thanks for all the help!!  I had read this information from another source.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 07:51:55 PM »
This frustrates me a little, telling Teenagers from Adults/YAs. Sometimes I see a nice looking sim and I plan my sims to flirt with them, then only find out he/she is a teen after introducing themselves.  :-\
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 09:41:14 PM »
lol @ imayu94. I know what you mean.  Then I always feel a bit weird taking note of the teens name etc in case I have need of them for my sim a bit later on!

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 10:32:17 PM »
@Marishkah;

Teenagers are actually VERY different in The Sims 4. They can now "Mess Around," which is the exact same thing as "WooHoo" for an adult. I was a little shocked that they chose to go that far with the game, but it's kind of fun, and at least, they can't "Try for Baby!"

Just have them go on a date in your sim's home or simply invite over the boy/girlfriend and get them flirty.

They can also "Become Promised" to one another, which I assume means they intend to get married but doesn't actually obligate it within the game once they become adults.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 04:56:48 AM »
Well, I now have three Teenagers in the house, so I will have to go search for some Teens! lolol

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 06:54:51 AM »
I've made some households and put a bunch of teens in them all, just so it would be easy for me to find some for my main household.  They could have at least made the sims a bit shorter like in sims 3. But seeing as 4 is more "realistic", I guess they went with the fact that a LOT of teens (even 13 year olds) are as tall as a lot of adults, and I've seen a lot of 15 and 16 year olds who could easily pass as young adults.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 07:11:29 AM »
The irony is that many players complained that teens in Sims 3 should be as tall as adults because most teens have already reached their adult height in real life.  Now that EA has done that, I see a lot of complaints that they should be shorter.  There's also another way to tell teens, but you have to be interacting with them.  If you hover over the image of the Sim at the top of the screen, you'll be able to see how many traits that Sim has.  If it's only two, then it's a teen.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 07:34:53 AM »
The irony is that many players complained that teens in Sims 3 should be as tall as adults because most teens have already reached their adult height in real life.  Now that EA has done that, I see a lot of complaints that they should be shorter.  There's also another way to tell teens, but you have to be interacting with them.  If you hover over the image of the Sim at the top of the screen, you'll be able to see how many traits that Sim has.  If it's only two, then it's a teen.  :)

You know, if they would implement height in CAS, that would be cool. Then the Sims children would have the traits of height as well. I do appreciate all the helpful tips and insights regarding teens. At least I now know what to look for when searching for mates for them. :)

anything