Author Topic: The Ratava Legacy [Requesting a Move to the Graveyard]  (Read 31428 times)

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Deleted Scenes?]
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2014, 03:35:58 AM »
It seems complicated but that's your charming point. Audience needs to understand and read thoroughly to get what you meant there. It's pretty clever and mind shaking. You've a brilliant way to tell your own story. You also have interesting images, love that.   
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 09:33:56 AM »
Hmm, I am jealous not to be able to play Sims 4, the scenery and Sims are just gorgeous - Travis will have to be my founders first love  ;)
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 10:55:01 AM »
Loved it! I totally love breaking the fourth wall humour and I just adored your last segment in particular. I really enjoy seeing Travis through your eyes. It makes me want to play him asap!
I totally agree with Playalot, what a great way to give Travis a bit more depth and understanding.  I really loved the last line.. “Well, let’s hope the player isn’t as cruel as you are.” Priceless!!

Thanks! The last one as we all know has been a circulating thing since forever ago. I wanted to include it due to Travis' aspirations.

It seems complicated but that's your charming point. Audience needs to understand and read thoroughly to get what you meant there. It's pretty clever and mind shaking. You've a brilliant way to tell your own story. You also have interesting images, love that.   

Thanks for that feedback! Some of my narrating can be quite tedious, and I tend to complicate things. I'm working on it.  ;) Not doing so well, but it's something.

Hmm, I am jealous not to be able to play Sims 4, the scenery and Sims are just gorgeous - Travis will have to be my founders first love  ;)

Amber won't be very happy with that, for sure.  ::) But it's great to know you guys like him so much!
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 6: Two Becomes Three]
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2014, 08:38:35 AM »
Chapter 6: Two Becomes Three

I felt a little weird last night. I think my brain is playing tricks on me because I do feel sick, only differently. Not like when you eat something bad… just something really strange happening to my body.

Yeah, hold on. Let me check something.

Yep, I’m pregnant.

I don’t know what to think, I don’t know what to feel. I’m happy somewhat, but also scared. I don’t really see myself as a parent yet. But I like the idea of Travis and I starting a family of our own. It’s a wonder what Woohooing can do. Will he (or she) be a music lover like me? Or more on the geeky kind like Travis? Not knowing is exciting!

I may be eating for two, but that doesn’t stop me from my musical projects. I finally started practicing on a piano, which was a nice change. I’m getting used to my brain’s constant changes, even if they are annoying and sometimes I don’t get to pay the bills because I buy unnecessary things.

Travis was really excited when I told him. He’s all confident and happy when I told him, but I worry sometimes that he’s also scared. But the more I grow over the days, the more he bonds with the baby.

Even our neighbors came over to visit... okay, I am becoming a little bit conscious about people touching my belly.

I can’t help it, but having Travis around is a great relief. He jokes sometimes that I become more unpredictable now that I’m pregnant. I guess I agree. I did change the color of our bed sheets every day. But he’s there to calm me down. And in fact, when I went to labor, He left his job to accompany me to the hospital.

The doctor kind of surprised me when she asked me for her (It’s a she!) name. Travis sensed that I was uneasy because I can’t decide right away, so he asked that we get left alone. We talked about it, and he suggested a name I quite liked.

“We’ll go with your name,” I said to him. “But I get to name the next one. I’ll think of a good one, that time.”

“There’s a next time?”

I just smile. The doctor came in and asked me again for a name. This time I knew what to say.

Once we got home (and I think about buying new lights), Travis and I can’t get our hands off of her.

We don't have much to offer, but know that we love you. Welcome to the world, little Aqua.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 1.6]
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2014, 10:16:26 AM »
Awww. Welcome to Aqua, she looks good enough to cuddle and coo over  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 1.6]
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2014, 05:24:02 PM »
Welcome little Aqua.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 6: To the Limits]
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2014, 08:01:32 PM »
Chapter 7: To The Limits

All there new things are so overwhelming that I find myself inspired, often. Having a pretty good family, with a newborn baby, and both me and Travis doing well in our careers, I felt that it was right to commemorate the accomplishments since I came to Willow Creek. So I finally did what my boss asked me to do: write a song. And I decided to write a song about my husband. Without Travis, this life would be unbearable.

He on the other hand, is having less luck (I probably should have mentioned that first). He’s been working hard. Okay, maybe a little too hard because he broke our new computer.

“You’ve been writing mods again, haven’t you?” I asked as we ate our salads for the nth time.

“Yeah but… well… I’m making the game better, okay?”

I tried my best to make him feel better. “I’m sure you can do it, dear. If I know you, you won’t stop until it’s done.”

We did a bit of overall maintenance, cleaning bathrooms (yes, we have a bathroom now!) and repairing objects. I decided to at least make the house feel more like a house by adding a bit of flooring and wall designs. Soon enough, we were both more comfortable. Home sweet home, right?

But I felt that we were forgetting something important. Next thing I knew as I played my violin more and more, a child went close to me and listened. My little Aqua.

She’s turning out to be a very promising child. She has a wide imagination, much like my sister, but she’s more glued to her homework more than anything. We had to buy her glasses because she kept reading so much. How’s that for your first-born child?

But soon enough, there was this feeling again. Queasy, having to go to the bathroom every what-so minutes, eating more often… yep.

As Travis said, in the most annoying way ever, “Here we go again.”

As the days pass, more pressures come my way. Things that I have to do for work, writing a song for myself, taking care and helping Aqua’s homework, making sure we have something to eat and Travis doesn’t spend our money on tournaments… It’s all very much, but I like the thrills of it.

One time, Aqua noticed that I leave the house often when she and Travis were gone. She asked me where I go, and I told her that I play music in the park.

Her eyes brightened. In the same way Travis talks about Sci-Fi. She reminds me a lot of him and his enthusiasm. “Can I get my own violin? Can you teach me how to play? I want to play!”

Travis and I surprised her the next day with a violin especially built for kids. Once her dad was asleep due to his late night work, she dragged me outside the house to practice. I’m not yet a mentor, and I can’t teach her that well, but she likes it better when I’m with her when she practices.

But there is something different about how she takes music. She calculates and analyzes it, unlike me who just plays what I want to and by ear.  Then, sometimes randomly, she is in the mood more to ask her dad to read her a storybook. She reminds me of myself in that I often change what I want to do. She also started to challenge our visitors to chess matches. I asked her about it, her many activities.

“Daddy read me story books about stars. I want to be smart and maybe I can also go to the stars someday!” she said to me as she completely obliterated one of our friends with a checkmate.

We practiced and practiced a lot and she got better. Travis and I no longer had the need to leave the room when she’s playing. We did a small recital at home and we were the only audiences. We clapped and kissed her on the cheek, but there were more celebrations to follow.

I honestly almost forgot Travis’ birthday. In the moment of panic, I started baking a cake for him at 3 am in the morning, even though I was still tired from the previous night’s performance. Good thing that I’m getting pretty good at this cooking.

He liked the cake that I made for him, and made a wish almost immediately.

“I hope I win today’s tournament… I hope I win today’s tournament…”

He can still be such a child sometimes.

He flinched, as if he was expecting something to happen. Not much has changed. My same Travis.

“Am I still good-looking?” he asked me. “Please tell me I’m still good-looking.”

Yep, definitely still the same Travis.

We had to cut the celebration short because he had to work, anyways. Aqua was already at school. I was left alone in the house. On the bright side, I finished writing my song for him, almost in time for his birthday.

But my everyday struggles started to crash down on me that night. I didn’t think about planning my activities. That night when I got home from work, I regretted that. My pregnancy is making me more tired, but I kept pushing anyways. I shouldn’t have done that.

Travis helped me reach the bed, even if it was just footsteps away. Through my blurry eyes I could see Aqua next to the bed, asking Travis if I’m okay. Great, even my Aqua worries about me now. I should really rest. Maybe the weekend would do me some good.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 1.7]
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2014, 12:58:06 AM »
Awww welcome Aqua and I love how she had to boost up Travis..."am I still good looking" hahaha!  ;D

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2014, 03:01:17 AM »
Thanks for that feedback! Some of my narrating can be quite tedious, and I tend to complicate things. I'm working on it.  ;) Not doing so well, but it's something.

No worries, if you enjoy with what you do that alone is enough, ayu. Well it's weird to say iamayu, it's just like my name is ayu, lol. Well, it's such a shame to remove such a rare feat. Don't worry about us readers, my big sis said that readers just take it or leave it. Thing that important the most is you love with what you're doing and when you're love doing that, the unique gate of yours will be open :)

Sorry, if this looks like a lecture lol. Didn't meant that way.

That's what seems missing in two last updates. It's still a great updates though :)
Arimau's Playground

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 04:18:34 AM »
Thanks arimau! Not a lecture at all, I appreciate the comments. :D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 06:21:28 AM »
Aqua is a perfect mix of her parents, it's cute to see her playing with her mum and also learning from her dad  :D

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 8: Friends and Family]
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2014, 05:42:03 AM »
Chapter 8: Friends and Family

I honestly felt like my family is now treating me like a glass vase this weekend. Not that I minded, but they do go to the extremes to keeping me at home for long periods of time, which drives my mind insane.

Aqua has been very sweet. She greeted me the following morning and showed me her homework, which she has done the night before. She also made an effort to not let me play for tips, saying I should rest at home instead. Every time I try to argue, she makes this don’t-go-mom-please-don’t-go rant, which I comply with at the end of the day because she’s inherited her dad’s pouty face.

Travis… well. I can personally tell you he’s not a good cook. But he’s trying his best. I had to remove salad dressing from his hair because he tried to toss it. But when I tried to cook, he stepped in front of me and bowed all knight-like. I just hugged him before he can give me his own pouty face as well.

But I can’t take it, sitting in the same place. Even while eating I asked them if I could switch chairs because I become uncomfortable after a few minutes. I listened to all different kinds of music for that day to have some sense of variety. So, over breakfast the following Sunday, I asked Travis we can go to the park. They looked at each other warily.

I stepped over to Aqua and held her face. “I’ll be fine. You can even challenge me in chess if you like. I’m not much of a match against my little genius though.”

I got her to smile a little, and I sensed that I already won her over. Travis on the other hand was still doubtful. I’m not used to him being so… strict. I guess passing out in the middle of the night isn’t a good thing to show your loving husband. But he smiles eventually.

“Okay, we can go,” he said. “But stay close to us, just in case.”

But when we got to the park, it only took a few seconds for me to have an emergency. Even Travis was shocked when I told him I was already in labor, even if we’ve already done this before.

Aqua gave us the reassurance that she will be okay while we’re gone, and headed to the monkey bars almost immediately. I was worried, but I kept remembering that she’s growing into a really good daughter. She wasn’t very happy when we left though.

Aside from the labor pains and Travis’ running in the hospital hallways, the baby is fine. I asked the doctor if I needed to go home when I leave (which I dreaded, since I would be back there again) but he said that if we had somewhere else to go, they can send our child to daycare until we can come back. How efficient. So Travis and I decided to go back to the park, where we reached Aqua was still playing with the other kids.

We gave the news of our newborn to our friends around town, and had a few laughs with the most of them. My husband still kept an eye on me in case I become sick. But when Aqua pulled him into a chess game, I was free to roam around and talk to people. I did feel exhausted for a few minutes so I sat down, so Travis doesn’t worry.

I didn’t notice the woman across me that was playing chess. I watched her for a few seconds, strategizing her moves. Like the way my daughter does at home. Okay, that statement made me uncomfortable.

“Hello! I’m Amber,” I opened cheerfully.

Unfortunately, she wasn’t very cheerful. In fact I think she wasn’t very happy to see me. Her eyes are like daggers.

“Yeah I know who you are. You’re Travis’…wife now.”

I was surprised. “I am. You know me?”

“From a distance. How are you guys?”

“Doing okay. We just had our second child,” I said, in which she gave me the dagger-look again. Why did I have to say that? I forced myself to laugh. “But that doesn’t really matter does it? How about you, I didn’t even catch your name.”

“Oh that’s wonderful,” she said, though by her tone it wasn’t really wonderful after all. “Travis didn’t even tell you about me. I’m Liberty, his old roommate.”

Okay, I admit, I tried my hardest to be my cheery usual self, but I felt like I was stuck right then and there. I smiled, and my face became tired. “Liberty! I haven’t seen you, but Travis told me about you, of course. Very smart, he said! Although a bit clumsy. Uhmm… but great, a great person. Of course he talks about you! Why wouldn’t he?”

She didn’t answer. I didn’t really need an answer really, I just wanted to flush myself down the toilet at that time. She went back to her game and ignored me for a few minutes. “I’m kind of under the weather and I need to concentrate. Can I be left alone?”

I wanted to talk to her more and try to calm her down and make her at least okay with me, but it seemed like a lost cause. I said my goodbyes and walked away, still feeling her eyes on my back.

I made some lunch mostly because I was hungry and I wanted to keep my mind off of my earlier conversation. I called my family to eat but Aqua was busy making new friends. Travis walked over and helped himself with the burgers, glad of the idea that he won’t be making his own lunch. A nice change from tossed salad.

I put down my burger. “I met your friend over there. Liberty Lee.”

“Oh great! What did she say to you?”

Staring at him, he’s really quite happy. I sighed. “You really are a clueless little puppy, aren’t you?”

“What do you mean?”

I looked over to where Liberty was, but she was gone. For some reason that made it easier to talk. “She wasn’t very happy to see me. She can’t even say ‘wife’ without resentment towards me.”

“Come on, here we go again,” he said. He pulled me over to stay near Aqua. We watched our child play with the other kids (and get a bit friendly to certain boys, much to Travis’ dislike) and he held my hand.

“We can’t let things like that get in the way of what our family is, right now. We’ve already done things together, made sure that we’re both doing well in our jobs, being each other’s support when you’re stuck in a composition or my apps don’t work the way I want them to. More than that, we have Aqua there with us, making little stories of her own. And now, another baby just waiting to be carried at home.”

I looked at him. It’s like he hasn’t aged a day from when I first saw him at this very park. He has, but I hardly notice anyways.

“Can we let this go?”

I leaned over to him. “Yeah, we can.”

We watched Aqua for a little while, and I even played as the sea monster for the little kids, but it was time to go home. She didn’t seem very happy to leave, but as soon as she got home she borrowed one of the books from her dad and started reading again.

I on the other hand, attended to our new baby. Oh, her name? I named her Brianna. I’ve been thinking about it long ago and Travis didn’t complain either.

I moved over to make some dinner for us (my husband finally allowed me to cook again—no more repeating salads!). All of a sudden, Aqua comes out of the bathroom and goes to bed. At 4 pm in the afternoon. But then Travis and I looked at her blanket bump when we started hearing sobs. My husband looked at me, and I just nodded while I watch our spaghetti before it burns.

“Aqua, are you okay? Talk to Dad.”

She pulled herself out of the blankets, and sat beside her daddy. She mumbled something along the lines of, “Idon’twantasister” and “Imnotyourprincessanymore.”

Travis just laughs and kisses her on the cheek.

“You’re still my princess Aqua. Brianna’s my princess now too, but you’re the older princess,” he starts, sitting straight and regal. “You will make sure that Brianna is okay. That she grows up to be like you, and make sure she’s not in trouble at school.”

Aqua nods along. “I can do that. Older princess to Brianna.”

“Yeah, and then you also tell daddy if boys become friends with Brianna.”

I laughed and dropped the pepper shaker into the pot. “Travis!”

“Yeah yeah, I know,” he said to me. He turned back to Aqua and gave her a hug.

I look at the both of them and I understand that Travis was right. Our family is doing great. I finally understand what mom was saying, that having her children was the best thing that happened to her.

We’re okay.

We’ll be okay.

--------------------------------------------------
Awww welcome Aqua and I love how she had to boost up Travis..."am I still good looking" hahaha!  ;D
He may be self-assured but aging is still everyone's worry. ;)

Aqua is a perfect mix of her parents, it's cute to see her playing with her mum and also learning from her dad  :D
She is quite a mix. What I like about her is that she goes back and forth between her mom and dad when I don't have her under the plumbob. It's cute to see.  :D

Thanks for reading everyone!

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 1.8: Friends and Family]
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2014, 06:38:02 AM »
Aw, they are so adorable. I feel for Liberty, Amber is one lucky girl  ;)

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2014, 07:40:04 AM »
Ah, it seems the light has come back to surface. Good.

Brianna? That’s such a good name, it means Strong :)

Last scene is such a cliffhanger. I wonder for what’ll happen next. Well done, ayu :)
Arimau's Playground

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2014, 06:34:24 AM »
Liberty will need to be careful, I think Aqua will not allow anyone to upset her Mum when she gets older! Can't wait to see if Brianna is blond or brunette!