Author Topic: The Ratava Legacy [Requesting a Move to the Graveyard]  (Read 31394 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Ratava Legacy [Bri's Logs]
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2014, 10:13:34 AM »
Wow, this story is excellent! I just read all of it tonight - I think it's one of the best I've stumbled across on this forum. :P

I love the family dynamic, and I like the little story arcs that keep cropping up. Your storytelling style is fantastic, too - I usually find the first-person narration stops working once there's more than two or three sims to worry about (what if I want insight into Character B's mind for a change? Switching back and forth is pretty clumsy), but you've managed it, and quite gracefully too, might I add.

May I ask what made you think it wasn't a "real" legacy? At this point, the only thing I see that's invalidated it was moving in Yahir when he won't be contributing to bringing in the next generation (as Bri is heir, not Aqua). Unless you weren't randomizing the traits?

Excellent work so far, and I look forward to reading more. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2014, 05:44:20 AM »
Very good, but very sad, writing about Travis. However, I'm so pleased Yahir is here to stay! Woo!

He's a weird character but I like having him around. :) Bri's not very happy though. The guy hides in the rooms at parties.  ;D

May I ask what made you think it wasn't a "real" legacy? At this point, the only thing I see that's invalidated it was moving in Yahir when he won't be contributing to bringing in the next generation (as Bri is heir, not Aqua). Unless you weren't randomizing the traits?

The first reason why I thought it was invalidated was because Amber married Travis in the first gen when the rules state that Townies are the only ones eligible. The rules were like this so that the player doesn't get to take a peek at the target Sim's traits before marrying or getting to know them.

Since I didn't explore the town before starting the Legacy, I really had no idea who Travis was, let alone that he was living in the houses. It kinda invalidated, technically, but since I didn't 'cheat' by looking at his traits before getting to know him, I hardly think it affected my play. As for Yahir's case, the moving in limit has been lifted long ago, so I can move him in and do the so-called 'cadet branches' in the house. So he's staying with us.  ;)

Thanks for reading this legacy! I'm doing my best to write the chapters to catch up on my gameplay. I may have to pause playing the Legacy save for a while so that I can write the chapters here. :)
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2014, 08:54:24 AM »
Oh hey, I still have old rules in mind I see. No, I think moving in the playables is fine - heaps of people have done it. :-)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
The Ratava Legacy [Chapter 16: Crossing Boundaries]
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2014, 10:14:02 AM »
Chapter 16: Crossing Boundaries

“Dear, aren’t you having too much friends?”

It was ridiculous. What mom was suggesting.

“When is ‘too much friends’?”

“When you don’t get to hold on to them.”

I knew she was talking about Roxanne. Who I pretty much fought with after a few days. I make friends easily, more so with BFFs. Aqua even said I choose the worst BFFs.

I make a lot of friends. And make them visit. A daily routine. Usually I’m the one who invites people over, but there’s a certain someone that comes over, uninvited. Almost every day.

“Hey, Alfredo.”

“Bri, can I talk to you?”

“I’m kind of busy talking to someone right now.”

“Right. I’ll just wait here then.”

Deangelo became my BFF that afternoon (What is it with all the De- guys out here?), but it didn’t really end well. He flirted with me constantly. And it was as if he was waiting to get close to me enough just to flirt with me more. A definite no no.

At least Yahir has some dignity. Aqua sometimes complains the fact that we both think the TV needs an upgrade, no matter how much she insisted it didn’t. Since he took over mom’s cooking, he was learning well, and moved on to making classier gourmet dishes that my mom never bothered to learn. There are also less fires, which is an added bonus.

I noticed that Al left the lot while I was dealing with the now ex-BFF. I tried calling him, to see if he has something to say, but I ended up just texting him since someone just arrived.

Demarcus has been around the house quite a lot of times, more so than the rest of my household. For the past few days I’ve been inviting him, but today, it seems that he just came on his own. We’ve been giving each other workout tips back and forth, and he told me that he’ll be at the gym sometime tomorrow.

“I always think doing things are better with other people around. Since we have the same interests, well, I’d like to have you around.”

I told him I would think about it (a bit of hard-to-get won’t hurt), and waved him goodbye. And just as Demarcus was leaving, guess who runs in.

“Al? What are you doing here?”

“You texted me.”

“I was just checking if you had something important to say.”

He smirked. ”Well, can I talk to you now?”

“Al, can’t this wait? I have to go to work. Now. Like right now.”

“But--”

“Alonzo! Glad to see you here again!” Mom shows up on our front door, greeting Al with a smile. “Come in, I’d like to show you one of the new guitars in the house.”

“It’s Alfredo ma’am. Again. And very nice to see you.”

I patted his back. “There, my mom can keep you company. Bye mom, off to work.”

“Take care, Bri!”

I caught mom and Aqua playing chess in the living area after work. I hardly think mom cares about winning, but just keeping her daughter company. Aqua wipes the board clean of mom’s pieces, who replies with ‘oh silly me’ or ‘well, I shouldn’t have made that move’ remarks.

“How’s the baby coming dear?”

“Great mom. It’s like carrying an entire tank of rocket fuel.”

Mom gives Aqua more tips on how she can make herself more comfortable, when she turned and saw me get some breakfast.

“Have you heard from Alfredo yet?”

“No not yet,” I said simply, but I stopped on my tracks. “You got his name right.”

She beams at me, obviously proud of herself that she remembered. “Oh, yes. The young man gave quite a big impression. He wants to talk to you.”

“Why? He has nothing to do with me. Aside from pester me every day in the house.”

“You two used to be close, and you’ve known each other since you were kids,” Mom reassembles her chess pieces preparing for another game. “Give him some of your time. He’s interesting.”

“Interesting?”

Mom moves her white piece first. ”Just… interesting.”

I called him to see if he wanted to hang out. As always, he was enthusiastic. And so we went to one of the new venues in town.

He approached me, raising his eyebrows. “I didn’t think you’d be here.”

“Oh, why not?”

“The last time you asked to hangout you went to work immediately.”

“Hey, I texted. I didn’t invite you over.” I raised my arms in surrender. He sat across me and I guess I stared for too long.

“What?”

Al’s been around since… forever. He was one of the last kids I met before I became a teen, and he was also the last friend I made for my aspiration. A social butterfly. It’s been a long time. He was also around for my birthday, for my first published book, and the small gathering we did for dad’s passing. For some reason he’s just always around, and I never talked to him. Which is why when he arrived, I didn’t know what to say.

“It’s been a long time.”

“It is. Since someone decided to become snobby.”

“Oh come on,” I say, smoothing out my top. “I’m still me.”

He smiled at me, maybe a bit longer than the usual smile that he gives to practically anyone. “Yeah, you are.”

We got reacquainted through the night. I’ve forgotten much we talk about, and laugh about. I think I snorted. That wouldn’t be very nice to do in public. But I didn’t care anyways. I pretty much lost my breath several times.

Mom’s right. I do lose sight of my friends sometimes.

“It’s great seeing you, Al.”

“Ehmm, well… Bri, I do have something to tell you.”

My phone rang, and it rang loud. It was already late into the night and the lot has almost emptied. It echoed over and over until I picked it up.

“Bri, are we still on tomorrow?”

“Uhmm, I haven’t yet--”

“It’s cool, it’s cool… can you call me later tonight if we’re still meeting?”

“Sure.” I put down my phone and turned to Al. “You were saying?”

“Yeah. I’ve been talking to your mom and she told me that if you like someone, you should tell them. Make a move, even if it is sudden.”

“That’s what mom would say, I know. I’m not so sure though.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve been trying to ask Demarcus out for days now. And now he’s calling me to meet up tomorrow.”

“Oh.”

I smiled at Al. “Any advice? Should I go?”

He thought about it for a minute, then gave his slight smile. “I think you should.”

I called Demarcus then and there, and told him I was coming. Al gave me a thumbs-up while I was on the phone.

“I’m meeting him tomorrow,” I said quietly. “Thanks Al. You’re really the best friend ever.”

“…right. I guess I am?”

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Ratava Legacy [16: Crossing Boundaries]
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2014, 03:27:32 PM »
Finally caught up! Wow! Wonderful writing. So nice the way you handled the aftermath of Travis' death and how lovely it is that the girls are talking again. So sad about poor Alfredo... I can see this ending in tears!

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
The Ratava Legacy [17: No Take Backs]
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2014, 08:13:36 AM »
Chapter 17: No Take Backs

The next morning a new melody swept over the house. Mom was again in her concentrated stance, but before I was able to reach her, she already finished.

“Good morning, mom. New dedication?”

“No, a song for myself.” She folded the composition and stuffed it in an envelope. “It’s about time that I make something for my own, after your song and your dad’s. Your Alfredo friend convinced me to do it, and it turned out to be pretty good.”

The melody rang in my head. Very mellow, like falling leaves, but changing tempos, like mom. It’s very different than mine, which chattered to those that can hear, and dad’s, that sounds like an 8-bit monotone. It’s one of those moments when I wish I could write songs. I could, but it would take me a longer time. I didn’t set my mind on it.

After she placed the envelope in the mailbox she looked over the glass window. “I’d better check on your sister. Her back most likely, is already aching.”

Aqua’s been growing bigger every trimester. I worried sometimes that she carried twins, which would really be a handful around the house. But it’s too soon to tell. She still goes to work as normal no matter how much Yahir asks her to take a break, and he gets left behind with mom as company.

Let’s just say he preferred to have Aqua around.

I, for the meantime, had a date. Sort of.

Demarcus. Is. Great. And really nice. He asked me how I was, and if he’s not taking much of my time, and if I’m not pushing myself too hard. I don’t know but it made me uneasy that he cares so much. A little too much. But I smiled it off.

“Uhmm… yeah.”

Our conversations didn’t really go the distance other than pushing each other to the limits on the treadmill. As I found out, he’s a very straight-forward guy.

“How’s the family?”

“Good. Mom’s doing good.”

It always usually ended like that. A question, an answer, run a few paces, repeat. But I was determined to catch this person’s heart. So I asked him to meet me later tonight. Maybe being in the gym isn’t really a romantic place to be.

I headed for home when I bump into someone.

“Hey!” Al waved me over.

“What are you doing here?”

“Oh, just passing. Don’t mind me! You know. To… over there.”

He pointed to the road leading to nowhere.

“Ha ha ha…. So… how’d your meet up go?”

I told him much of what happened. He chuckled, every once in a while, and honestly, it was irritating me.

“Hey, stop it. I’m telling you that I had a not-so-good day, and all you can do is laugh?”

“I don’t know, Bri. Sounds like a pretty dull date, if you even call it that. He’s not even giving you the time of day.”

“Shut up. He was nice.”

“He’s nice to everyone.”

“You told me to go and do this, you’re telling me you take back your advice?”

“Look, Bri, I know Demarcus and he’s great and you’re determined, I just think you need to look around a bit more.”

I sat back on the picnic bench. “I don’t think there’s anyone else in this town worth giving my time to.”

“Try looking a little harder,” he stood up in front of me and smiles sheepishly, looking at the ground and avoiding eye contact. “…I’m here, for example.”

And then it was my turn to laugh. “If this is your idea for a joke, it’s hilarious, Al.”

“No seriously--”

But I was still laughing. I honestly can’t imagine it.

“Bri, I’m serious.”

I took one look at him, opening my eyes and gaining composure. He looked shocked. And hurt. And a bit disgusted.

“Is that really so hard to think about, Bri? I’m not good enough for your standards?” he asked me. Sarcastic as he already was, that was hurtful.

“Al, I didn’t--”

“You act all high and mighty but I think you’re forgetting that I’m the one that knew you since we were kids. I’ve always known you.”

I closed my fists. “You knew me. You don’t know me now. Things change. And knowing me since kindergarten doesn’t give you the right to tell me who is right for me!”

My phone rang and I answered it.

“Hello Brianna. Will you be showing up for work today? Everything’s disastrous around here.”

“I’ll be there.” Alfredo sat on the park bench and waited with his head down. I made sure my voice addressed him. “I need to go. Work, you know.”

“Yeah, alright.” He stood up. He stared at me, and it was not as different as I thought it would be, with him not smiling. He raised his hand and brushed my face lightly. “Think about it.”

We both head in the opposite direction, but I was tempted to look back. When I did, he was gone.

And I thought things couldn’t get any worse.

I went to work with a distracted head, and an emotionless state. I tapped my pen hoping to find something to write about, and I stopped myself when I realized that I was tapping the pen to the portion of my face that Al touched earlier. I set the pen down and my phone rings yet again, with an unknown number. I need to turn on the silent on this thing.

“Hello?”

“Bri, this is Yahir. Somethings… going on in the house.”

“Grim is here. He’s taking your mother.”

“When is ‘too much friends’?”

“When you don’t get to hold on to them.”

Oh mom, why now when I need you the most?

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Ratava Legacy [17: No Take Backs]
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2014, 09:15:01 AM »
Gorgeous, imayu! I love your character building and development, as well as the plot progression and story arcs and I just can't wait to see where the Ratavas take us next.This is definitely a story I am glad to have stumbled across.

And how very sad to see Grimmy come for Amber. :-(  Here's hoping Bri will find the comfort and solace she needs from someone else soon (I'm presently shipping her with Alfredo ;-) ).
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
Re: The Ratava Legacy [16: Crossing Boundaries]
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2014, 09:24:36 AM »
Finally caught up! Wow! Wonderful writing. So nice the way you handled the aftermath of Travis' death and how lovely it is that the girls are talking again. So sad about poor Alfredo... I can see this ending in tears!

Thanks for reading! And great to see you back! :D

And how very sad to see Grimmy come for Amber. :-(  Here's hoping Bri will find the comfort and solace she needs from someone else soon (I'm presently shipping her with Alfredo ;-) ).

She's had a pretty good life, and at least she's with Travis again. Besides, we'll be having a new addition in the household soon!

And feel free to ship and ship away. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ratava Legacy [17: No Take Backs]
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2014, 01:30:21 AM »
Oh, how lovely in a sad way! The phone call from Yahir...
But this thing with Al, hmmm, I just don't know. He seems so nice, why can't she see that??
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
The Ratava Legacy [18: Resolutions]
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2014, 02:28:18 PM »
Chapter 18: Resolutions

“Is it really so hard to think about, Bri?”

The cold, which always welcomed me, fought with the night air. My cheek felt tingly, but it wasn’t because of the weather. I could tell that much.

“Think about it.”

“Bri? Bri, are you okay?”

I jumped out of my trance and looked at Demarcus, who was watching me closely. “Oh… sorry.”

“I don’t need to be a genius for me to know you’re not okay.” He smiles at me, meekly, then mirrors what appears to be my expression. Crestfallen. “Is it your mom?”

Mom pretty much left us earlier that afternoon. Yahir was the only one that was at home at that time, but he called the both of us.

Aqua got home shortly afterwards. Normally she would be pretty calm about these things, like how she took it with dad’s passing, but with her exhaustion and pregnancy she was thrown off her collected (otherwise hot-headed) nature.

Her husband was there to comfort her, anyways. While I had nothing. A corner to cry on maybe.

“Mom’s good,” I told Demarcus. “I mean, she’s gone, but it’s as if she knew.”

She was writing a song when I last saw her. I remember that part, but the melody was already out of my mind. My last remnant of mom was already forgotten.

“Then what’s bothering you?”

“Okay. I’ll break it down to you,” I said to him. For some reason I just feel confident enough. “I liked you. For the longest time now. Basically this small outing of ours is a date, unofficially.”

Demarcus looked bewildered. I waited for him to react more, but he just smiled and shook his head. “I had no idea, Bri. Did you really?”

“I did like you.”

“You said you were a writer. I don’t think you dismiss grammar easily. Why is it ‘liked’ not… you know, ‘like’?”

“Earlier this morning, after I saw you, I saw--” I avoid his stare. Honestly, it was piercing. “I saw Al. We had a little quarrel.”

I recounted to him what happened earlier. Demarcus was a good listener. It was hard to deny that he as a really good guy. Good, just good in general. Not snarky, or profound, or funny, or anything in particular. Nonetheless, he waited and listened to me.

“You probably think I’m an idiot. For getting mad at him, like that.”

“Well…no. But I really think you have to think things through,” he said to me. He sat down and motioned me to sit along with him. “Let me tell you a little secret.”

I waited, thinking it was something about himself or something.

“I’ve known the both of you from school. When I came, in high school. If there’s something I know is that you’re really good friends. At least you used to be.”

“Used to,” I emphasized and sighed.

“I’m not done,” he said to me. “You had a lot of friends back then, you have a lot of friends right now, but if there’s something I know about Al: He’s the only one that makes you laugh. Not like a polite laugh you make when someone not funny makes a joke, or out of your manners. Real laughs which--trust me—you do rarely.”

I smiled. Barely, but it’s a first for the night. “How do you know so much?”

“I notice you too,” he told me, and then cleared his throat. “Maybe not as much as you noticed me though. You’re a really good friend to me, Bri. Al too, but I don’t think he thinks of me that way since you started asking me out on dates.”

“Thanks, Demarcus.”

With his blessing, I left the lot that night. It was nearly 10 pm when I arrived at the Irizarry household. Their father died long ago, and only Al and his sister Marci lived there now.

The door pretty much opened for me. I walked in and almost thought that no one was home.

“Brianna!” Marci spotted me first in the upstairs hallway. “What are you doing here?”

It was one of those rare moments when I didn’t know what to say. “Oh, uhm… I need to talk to your brother.”

“Need to talk to me about what?”

I looked at Al, then at the floor, then at my fingers. “Can I talk to you?”

“Why are you smiling?”

“I didn’t think I’d see you again, after that,” he told me, and snickered. “And something tells me that you’ll be apologizing, which does not happen a lot. I’m one of the lucky few winners!”

I laugh as I stood up next to him. I’m beginning to notice what Demarcus was saying. “I’m sorry about what I said. I meant them, sure, but I didn’t need to say them harshly. You know how I am. There’s no denying that.”

“Okay. I’ll try to keep myself sane too. I’m also--”

I hugged him. I don’t know. I just did. He seemed to be surprised by that. Blushing, ever slightly.

“…Uh… right,” He rubbed his arms from the cold breeze. “We should head back in, it’s freezing.”

“So, your room.”

His room was quaint. Like someone else’s left over bedroom. A lot of greens, here and there. The walls clashed with his hair and it annoyed me a little. I knew he was getting conscious (he knows how bad I can get when I notice something off) because he started cleaning up. I watched as he hummed away, folding sheets and returning books to the bookshelf.

“Stop,” I said, abruptly. I noticed something. “Could you hum that again?”

He did it again, this time looking at me curiously. It was the same tune. Mom’s violin in the morning. He remembered her song.

“She sent a copy to me this morning in the mail,” he said. “It was really good. Nothing less from your mom, the maestro. How is she?”

“Oh. Al,” I started. “The reaper came for her this afternoon.”

He didn’t say anything for a moment, but he stopped smiling. He hummed the tune again, slowly, in a more mournful manner. Music lover, should have guessed it. No wonder he was getting along with mom so easily. “How are you taking it?”

“Could be better.”

Al stretched out his arms to me and I accepted it. At first, a comforting hug. Then, slowly, into a sweeter embrace. Before I had any idea what that meant, Marci opened the door and we both jumped apart.

“Sis, we’re going out for a bit.”

“Again, so late into the night.”

He shrugged. “You know me.”

We went to the park just near his house. He seemed more comforted by the open air, and he turned to me, when we reached the nearest bench.

“You told me to think about it.”

“And now?”

I placed his hand over my cheek, just how it was not long ago that afternoon. “Let me just try something.”

“…That was some-something,” he said breathlessly.

I giggled. I don’t know where that came from but I want to be able to giggle for the rest of my life.

“Can we do that again?”

“As much as you’d want.” Al exclaimed. “And may my lips fall off by it!”

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Ratava Legacy [18: Resolutions]
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2014, 08:49:30 PM »
Absolutely gorgeous writing.. *wiping sentimental tear* Goodbye Amber you were loved and will always be remembered.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
The Ratava Legacy [19: Warm Winters]
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2014, 12:02:41 PM »
Chapter 19: Warm Winters

When mom told me about the seasons, she told me that the winter is cold. I was hardwired to be one, given our family line. I tried my best to be warm to people, but lately my closest friends managed to tell me that I don’t warm up. I don’t become comfortable with ‘just’ other people. Only the few are able to melt and see me completely. So I resolved to changing this the following day, hoping for a decent morning.

Aqua looked at me at breakfast and grumbled. Okay, bad mood morning it is.

“Good morning, Aqua.” I greeted. “Sleep okay?”

“Oh, well enough. Until you and Alfredo woke up early this morning laughing your heads off,” she slumped her head on the kitchen counter. “I swear I could hear you even if I was miles away from here.”

“Sorry.” I said. Al took the opportunity to corner me in the morning. I never thought I could laugh so hard like that. “It must have been loud.”

“No no, it’s a good change. It’s nice to see you’re happy, Bri.” She takes a bite of her pasta leftovers and looked at it intently. “Yahir’s taking the blow though. He didn’t sleep well either.”

In any case the house certainly is livelier with Al around. Friends were surprised, but pleased when he hangs around and cracked jokes. My after-work didn’t feel as empty as it was since he was there to welcome me back before he headed for his own work, just like how mom and dad used to. My writing also came through easier, even with the ability to already write comedy.

Aqua’s been pretty cool lately, especially considering that I had a man in tow just after midnight to come live with us. She took it pretty lightly, saying that Al practically already lives in the house, but she didn’t allow us to be in the same bedroom. Al took the spare bedroom downstairs.

“Aw come on, Aqua!”

“Nope. Dad’s orders. He even said “that Irizarry boy’. I remember that clearly.”

Apparently yes, dad did have orders. Travis Scott: still looking out after his princesses. I remembered him frowning every time I told him I’ll be visiting Al’s house. He must have known. Mom must have too, since Al might have told her something during those afternoons when I was gone. Was I the only one that was naive?

Late in the afternoon after work he still greeted me. What he did next was what surprised me.

“Hi,” he greeted me plainly, kissing my hand. “Your day?”

“I found out that my family pretty much knew that you liked me.”

“You didn’t really think I visited your house often for someone else, did you?”

“Well, your aspiration…”

“Sure, that too,” he looked around the house. “It looks better now though. But still far off than what I plan.”

Mansion Baron. Tricky, but it’s nice to know that Al also wants something extravagant. But for now, it’s all knock-knock jokes and impressions. He also started in the entertainer branch like mom, but he tells me he’s heading for a different direction. Which is why he decided to practice with me first. All afternoon, over and over.

“Al, are we done? I’m all laughed out,” I pouted.

“Okay okay, last one.”

“Knock-knock.”

“Who’s there?”

“Mary?”

“Mary who?”

“No, marry,” he said. “Marry me?”

He didn’t have to tell me how serious he was. He may be smiling all the time but this smile is different. Scared and excited. I guessed I must be showing the same face. I put the ring on my finger. Al scooped me up and tried to carry me, but I could tell he was having a hard time.

“How long can you hold this?”

“Hn—probably only for the next few seconds.”

I called Aqua to share the news while she was at work, and she was just as excited as I was. She told me that she wanted to plan the venue, and I let her get to it. I’ve grown to trust the people I like more, and less and less of a control freak.

“Can we do the planning tonight? I was hoping to have the wedding tomorrow.”

“Sorry Bri, I’ll be at work till late.”

I tried to sleep that night, but I was too agitated. It didn’t help that my fiancée was just a floor below. Soon enough I was wandering around the house late at night with the lights off. With my sister not getting back for the next hour, I decided to visit the one place I wanted to be.

“Pst. Al?”

“Bri? What are you doing here?” Al yawned and stood up. “I thought your sister had a strict daddy policy.. or something.”

“I couldn’t sleep. Can I stay here for a bit?”

And so I did. Well, until Aqua came of course. But I know her enough to suspect something the following morning.

“So you’re telling me,” Aqua tapped the chess piece on her face and replaced one of mine on the board. “That while I was at work, you were in your room the whole time?”

I pulled my best straight face, but Aqua knew me well enough to know that I was lying. “I’m not the only one doing sneaky escapades. I heard your spaceship leave this morning. Yahir was with you, I presume.”

I raised my eyebrows in accusation while Aqua cleared her throat. “Ahem... can we get decided on the wedding plans? Someone volunteered to help us with the décor.”

A knock on the door, with a dash of puffy dark brown hair, right on cue, came Demarcus. “I was told there was going to be a wedding?”

Blue and white. Quaint, but elegant. Something tells me that Aqua and Demarcus fought over the décor on whether to make it extravagant or simple. And they compromised. It was a very good mix though. Classy but grounded. Perfectly Brianna. Not that Al’s not in any of this. The entire wedding is done in the park since he really loved the outdoors. I made sure to choose what he wears though.

Al was already under the arch, waiting for me. Marci nodded me over and sat waiting in the first row, gushing over the fact that her brother could actually look good. And of course, there was me.

“There’s no need for me to tell you you’re pretty, is there?” He raised his eyebrows at me, but chuckled nonetheless. “I’ll still say it. You’re not just pretty though. You are beautiful.”

"Thanks."

"Like, over-the-top, wonderfully-fantastically-might-fall-over-and-stop-breathing, gorgeous. So so so sooo beauti--"

"Oh stop already!" But I was already smiling.

I brushed my hair, suddenly shy of all the attention. Our friends and families gathered around in the little white chairs as we waited.

“You ready?” Al asked me, and I just replied with a twitching smile.

Al and I exchange our rings, and exchange a few kisses. The sunset started and the air grew cold, but being surrounded by my family, and my best of friends, and the person I want always in my life, no other night has been warmer.

Hello everyone! Just stopped by to drop this chapter and say a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays! Some of you might already be celebrating Christmas Day. I'm so glad to release this chapter of Brianna, Winter Heir's (and Alfredo's) wedding just in time for Christmas.  ;) Happy Simming!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ratava Legacy [19: Warm Winters]
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2014, 12:40:28 PM »
Such a lovely wedding and the both girls personalities are shining through!
Merry Christmas to you too.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2014, 02:56:41 PM »
Merry Christmas and what a lovely way to celebrate - with a wedding!

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2014, 09:54:49 PM »
I love how you decorate the room. Well, I’m a sucker when it comes to wood-related theme! Love the décor in Chapter 09. You’re very good at writing and portraying about family quality time. It’s very cute and lovable moments! It melts my heart away ^_^

You also great work with different voices, I enjoy it a lot. It’s such a nice change from Amber to Bri. I also loved the ‘extra’ section and the way that you tease reader with such a cliffhanger ending~

Wish you have wonderful holidays!

P.S: I received your birthday message, thanks for the honorable mention, ayu! :)
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

anything