Author Topic: The Ratava Legacy [Requesting a Move to the Graveyard]  (Read 31392 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 1.8: Friends and Family]
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2014, 06:24:14 PM »
I somehow missed your last updates! Such a lot has happened. I love the way your sims have such unique personalities and how this then informs their reactions to daily life, it's cool! Two kiddies, wow, legacy rolling along nicely.  :D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 1.8: Friends and Family]
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2014, 09:08:26 AM »
Aw, they are so adorable. I feel for Liberty, Amber is one lucky girl  ;)
I find it really nice that the creators did such dynamic for the BFF trio. Both Liberty and Summer turned out to have one common trait with Travis, which means either of them could really be a choice. Amber pretty much took him away though.  ;)

Brianna? That’s such a good name, it means Strong :)
I wasn't even thinking of name etymologies when I wrote her name, but that is so accurate to what I imagine her to be like. Thank you!

Liberty will need to be careful, I think Aqua will not allow anyone to upset her Mum when she gets older! Can't wait to see if Brianna is blond or brunette!
Aqua is on the silent-feisty type, so it's not far from happening.  ::)

I somehow missed your last updates! Such a lot has happened. I love the way your sims have such unique personalities and how this then informs their reactions to daily life, it's cool! Two kiddies, wow, legacy rolling along nicely.  :D

Glad you were able to read them! Thank you!  :)
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 9: The Girls]
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2014, 09:22:25 AM »
Chapter 9: The Girls

Brianna turned out to be much like her sister, to the point that she wore glasses to be like her when she grew. Aqua was very excited about it and it was very cute, but after her sister almost hit the wall by walking, I had to remove them. Aqua helped her up and brought her to me.

“But I like them, mom!”

“I know Brianna, but you’re going to hurt yourself. Daddy wouldn’t like that, if you were hurt.”

“No…” she answered me, but she frowned. “But can I keep it?”

I smiled. “Of course, but don’t wear them anymore. I mean, because they’re not good for you if you wear them, but just keep it if you like.”

Travis headed out to work that morning. He, however, took the courtesy of kissing me good morning and making me a cake, which turned out better than I expected. I blew my candles, growing older by the slightest, but feeling a little bit more responsible. Being alone with my girls wasn’t as scary as it was.

“Mom…” Brianna started as I brushed her hair.

“Yes, dear?”

“Can I we go out today? Please please please?” she asked me, bobbing up and down the bed and making me a little dizzy.

I thought about it. “Alright. But you have to do your homework first. Ask your sister for help, okay?”

“Okay!” she left almost immediately and grabbed her and her sister's homework. I watched over them as they started talking about fractions, Aqua teaching Brianna the class basics.

They finished earlier than I thought they would, so I delivered what I promised. Brianna started digging through our dresser and pulled out a dress for herself that Aqua didn’t like wearing (‘it’s too girly’) and went outside the door waiting for me and her sister. We arrived at the neighborhood park, where they just ran and left me in the middle of the road to play with the others, one of which seemed to be one of the Caliente kids.

Aqua seemed to be distracted from it all, noticing me from a distance, and ran towards me. “Be our sea monster!”

I don’t know if I should take that as a compliment, but I did it anyways. I was pretty convincing, one of the kids had to go home and steered clear away from me. Aqua did her best to sell the idea to the other kids that I was there to frighten them, and Brianna became the captain of the ship, everyone listening to her instructions. My girls had a really good time and seeing them bonding is what was most fulfilling.

They grew closer to each other each passing day, doing homework together and watching the Kids Network together from time to time. But they do have times alone, where Aqua focuses on analyzing her own chess games and challenging more and more of our neighbors, and Brianna calls most of their friends to chat about school and cartoons, and even mocked adults (I already scolded her about this, but I remembered I used to do that as well when I was a kid, so it isn't really that bad).

But she doesn’t forget her family and greets us when she arrives home, and makes sure that she is present for dinner. She got what Travis and I had in common in the first place, and seeing it in full blast was endearing for the both of us. And having her with Aqua is a really nice combination, her learning herself and her convincing Aqua to get out more.

I loved being around the both of them, each with something different to say, and my autumn-ness adores that fact.

Travis and I usually took turns in bringing what our girls need in an everyday basis, whether it be a story-telling or helping them sleep their nightmares away. But we both agreed to have an afternoon out, just the four of us, which is something we haven’t done just yet. Since both our jobs involved much of our time, we looked at both our calendars and made our schedules free for a day. He broke the news to the girls.

“We’ll go? All of us?” Brianna asked. “Yay!”

“Bri,” Aqua countered. “We’re not done with our homework yet. That’s due tomorrow.”

“Right…ehm…” She approached her dad. “We’ll do homework first, then we can go?”

We looked at each other and smiled. Truthfully, Travis and I never imposed any ‘homework’ first policy. They kind of agreed about that on their own. Aqua just really liked finishing homework early and wanted her sister to do well. Brianna didn’t really complain, since she had more to say to her friends when she’s doing better at school. It was a lot less prodding on our part that our kids do their homework almost automatically.

We brought the girls to Oasis Springs for a change of pace, and Aqua welcomed the heat of the neighborhood. Brianna, on the other hand, wasn’t as happy. But she played all the same. No amount of heat can stop her.

But the fun had to end sometime. Aqua’s teenage years crept up to the both of them, and soon enough, it was her birthday. She became worried because her sister took it the hardest. I accompanied her to Brianna’s room, where her sister is sitting on her bed with her head hung low.

“Bri, I’m here,” she said.

“Happy birthday, Aqua.”

“You’re not so happy. Please don’t worry about me. I’ll still be here!”

“I know,” Brianna sniffed. “But you’ll be in high school, I won’t have someone with me going home anymore.”

“You’re a big girl now, you can handle yourself. Sister’s honor.”

Brianna stood up from her bed and hugged Aqua. “Sister’s honor.”

Aqua promised to still stay close to Brianna that day, and they vowed to be each other’s best friends forever. She didn’t reach her goals to be the smartest kid in school, but she was a straight-A student, nonetheless. And to celebrate, Travis volunteered to make her cake.

Again, he insisted. And it was… not the best cake. Even Brianna snickered when she saw it. But Aqua blew the candles anyways, and the slices were passed around.

Aqua seemed to change her mind when she took the first bite. Travis called her over to sit down next to him.

“Happy birthday, sweetheart! Did you like that cake I made you?”

“Ehmm… could use a lot less baking time. But I like it? Thanks dad.”

He wasn’t very convinced.

Days pass, but I’m very proud of my girls. Aqua started to pick her grades up again once she started high school, and continued her aspiration to go to space, little by little. Brianna continued making more and more friends overtime, and did well in school too (not as high as Aqua’s, but good enough) and the more I see them, the happier I get. Travis and I are very lucky to have them.

--------------------------------------------------

A shout-out to arimau, because I don't know how to reach you, a very happy birthday! because apparently we have the same birthday.  :D

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 1.9: The Girls]
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2014, 09:32:16 AM »
Oh your girls are gorgeous! I love how they both turned out, and how wonderful you managed to get a dark haired girl and a blond.  ;D This is going along so well - they really have meshed as a great family unit.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2014, 01:41:33 AM »
Those 'child' days go so quickly! What a lovely family they are, the girls are so cute with each other!

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2014, 04:29:45 AM »
I think the relationship in the family is wonderful.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2014, 08:48:43 AM »
I think the relationship in the family is wonderful.
The family is going as planned, and the legacy is running slow, but smoothly. Thank you! :)

Oh your girls are gorgeous! I love how they both turned out, and how wonderful you managed to get a dark haired girl and a blond.  ;D This is going along so well - they really have meshed as a great family unit.
Thank you! It's really lucky that they had each of their parents hairs. It's a shame to lose Travis' bright yellow.

Those 'child' days go so quickly! What a lovely family they are, the girls are so cute with each other!
I find the lifespan really short, and I'm forced to savor every moment that I can. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 10: Growing Up and Growing Old]
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2014, 08:58:12 AM »
Chapter 10: Growing Up and Growing Old

Time, like money when the bills arrive, flies fast.
“Where are you going, young lady?”

Brianna stands next to our front door, in her usual wear. We usually don’t let the girls stay out this late because it will be dark soon. But she seemed very eager to leave.

“Dad, I’m going to visit Al for a bit. We’re going to do homework.”

“Why can’t you do homework here?”

I look over and Brianna looks at me like a puppy dog. I can practically hear her say “mooooooommmmm” without her saying it. I held Travis’ hand.

“Let her out. She’ll be back before dinner, won’t you, Brianna?”

“Yes yes!” she said earnestly, and left the house without another word. Travis looks and me with annoyance.

“How could you let her out? It’s nearly nightfall. If something happens--”

“Nothing will happen, dear.” I said to him. I scratched a small portion of my current composition and replaced the notes. “I’m beginning to think that you’re a bit jealous of that Irizarry kid.”

“She’s been hanging around with him too much. Pretty much every afternoon this week. And no, I am not jealous.”

“I know, but Brianna’s just a kid. Besides, she’s sweet to everyone. She’ll be back before you know it. Well, before dinner.”

I sat back down and surfed the channels rapidly while Travis looked out the window, waiting for her to come back before dinner.

It’s funny how he’s so protective of our girls, even if they’re starting to become young women. Aqua is doing great in school, and started honing her logic and handiness skills around the house. Brianna on the other hand kept inviting friends over for snacks, and sometimes the kids stay a lot longer than they are welcomed.

Travis and I always oversee their school work, to make sure they are doing well. I even started to mentor Brianna with her creative skills. I’ve always wanted to teach someone the art, and what better way than with your own daughter? As for Aqua, she gave up on her violin ages ago, and focused more on reading. And reading. And more reading.

I never realized that children grow fast. I don’t remember growing up that way. All I remember was getting bored with the babysitter, constantly. But soon, even Brianna turned into a teen. Sneakily, in fact. She had her birthday in the park while I was playing and came back taller and slimmer, with her hair grown into longer curls.

She has every reason to be sad because I forgot her birthday cake, but I made her a couple of hamburgers to celebrate while Travis and Aqua were at work. She looked at the food carefully.

“Mom, how many calories does this have?”

“I’m not sure, Bri.” I answered her, looking at my hamburger. “Why?”

She looked at herself up and down. “I need to lose some weight.”

As much as I told her that she looked just fine, in the middle of schoolwork and my musical mentoring, she found a way to squeeze in exercise.

I spent most of my nights teaching her a composition, and watching her do it perfectly gave me so much happiness, and I felt like a musical genius. Reaching the top of your career is one thing, completing your life aspiration is another.

I dismissed Brianna when she started yawning that night, and baked a cake for Travis that he can have when he comes home. It seemed like his birthday wasn’t too long ago, and here we are again celebrating it.

Travis looked different without his golden hair, but when he started to talk it was as if nothing changed. Only, he made more time in bonding with the family than with work, but he earned his top position and his aspiration without effort. He started talking to the girls about how he moved to town and met me, reminiscing about the old times. He even makes sure to remember me from time to time, making sure that I was reminded of his care.

One time, I caught him and Aqua bickering over a game of chess.

“Dad, it’s really not a big deal…”

“Oh come on, Aqua. Everyone deserves a party when they reach adulthood! I’ll throw one for you! With adult gourmet food and drinks that you are allowed to finally have!”

“But dad…”

“Come on, princess. I insist.”

Most of our neighbors came over, and congratulated me for Aqua’s chess abilities, hoping to win a match with her sometime. We all laughed over Aqua’s antics as a child, a part of the night that she covered her face for. Many gave their birthday greetings, teased her about her lovelife (or lack of one), and asked for second helpings of blackened bass (because adults eat adult meals!). And at the end, she blew the candles.

My daughter, an adult. This makes me feel older than I am. But then again, I will also have my birthday soon.

Watching Travis say his toast for Aqua reminds me that my kids are growing up fast, and we are also becoming older. I ask him sometimes when I can’t sleep, if he feels that his time is up, and he says yes, but he doesn’t regret finding me and having Aqua and Brianna. He usually turns over and tells me I’m wonderful, and snores back to sleep.
Days later, he asks me to go out with him to the chapel. He said wanted me there for my birthday. We both sat down, and he waited. I grinned and blew my candles.

I felt suddenly weaker, but wiser. I looked at my hair and its solid brown turned to various shades of white-ish gray, my skin quite wrinkled and my posture turned poor. But Travis smiles with me all the same. Slowly but surely, he takes me to the arch where we took our vows, and held my hands.

“A while ago, I promised to stay with you for always. Now, I take you here because I want to relive that moment—a take-2, if you will—and I want to tell you again that I’ll always be with you.”

We renew our vows, not really for anyone, just ourselves. Nothing much has changed since I last stood under this arch (aside from our two children of course) and I still felt the same as I did before. I know that we still have days to come. And I hope for the best.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Oh *sniff sniff* that was beautiful Imayu!! I love how this family loves each other  :D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
It's great that the girls are growing up to be beautiful young women, but that also means Amber and Travis are growing old  :(

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The renewing of their vows was lovely.  :)

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Extra]
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2014, 09:24:05 AM »
Living with the Kids

I wanted to say a really really large thank you for reading this legacy! Having you guys around are the best!

It was interesting to me how the family dynamic played in this household as I play them, and I hope this gives you a sneak on how things are in the Ratava house. Even I panicked with my gameplay due to the happenings in story 3.

The Talk

It’s hard to have teens in the house. Several mood swings left and right (not as if that’s new to me, I get plenty of that myself), refusal to do chores, staying up too late in the night even if you’ve told them to sleep already, yep. But there’s something I really dreaded happening. And it did happen.

I headed to the kitchen to cook some lunch when found the girls in the kitchen talking in hushed tones in the dining room. I sneaked up behind them and whispered to Aqua’s ear. “Why are you whispering?

Both of them jumped from my voice. Brianna’s orange juice flew to the floor. Now there’s something I have to clean up. I waited for their response, but they just looked at each other earnestly. They followed me to the kitchen and finally Aqua spoke up in her student-like manner.

“Mom we need you to clarify a few things for us.”

I started chopping tomatoes. “Really? About what?”

“Well,” Brianna started. “Something about Woohoo, if you don’t mind, mom.”

I almost cut my finger off.

I turned to look at the both of them. They are growing up now, and I can’t really stop them. Both of them looked at me, expectant. I’ll have to have this talk eventually. I took a deep breath and I did what I thought was best. Even though he’s on the other corner of the house and he’s probably in his gaming mode…

“TRAVIS! Your daughters want to talk to you!”

He got down and looked at the three of us. “Yeah?”

“Your daughters are asking about Wooho--”

“Nope.” And he tried to get away. But not before me and the girls pulled him back. We asked our daughters to wait in the living room while Travis and I argued in the next room.

“I can’t have that talk with them!” he exclaimed. “You do it.”

“You do it.”

“You do it!”

“Why me?”

“You’re their mother.”

“Well you’re their father too!”

Travis was about to rebut when I hugged him. I guess I was a little scared of my kids growing up. But it was a good scared. “I need your help with this.”

He calmed down after that. We both went to the living room and sat down with our daughters. We looked at each other and nodded.

“So… what questions do you have for us?”

Four Eyes

One morning, Brianna came down for breakfast. She did her own makeover last night, changing into clothes that suited her more. It was all okay, but all our heads turned to look at her outfit for today.

“What’s with the glasses?” Aqua asked her sister.

Bri didn’t answer. She merely pushed her glasses more to her face and asked Travis to pass the french toast.

Aqua didn’t stop looking at her sister. “Impressing someone?”

To that, Brianna turned red.

“Shut up, okay?” said Brianna. “Is it bad that I want to look smart?”

“It’s not that bad, Bri.” Travis got another serving from the plate. “But you can’t just look smart, you have to be smart too. It’s easier that way.”

Aqua sat up. “Luckily, I have no problem with that.”

There was a sudden change of air. Even I felt it, and it threw me off my thoughts about toast. Travis averted his eyes and ate his breakfast. Bri slammed her fork down and stood up. “What’s that supposed to mean, Aqua?”

“I just mean that I don’t have a hard time being smart.”

“That’s not what that means. You’re saying I’m not smart.”

“That’s not what I meant!”

“Oh I know exactly what you meant--”

“Stop it you two!”

Both of them looked at me. Brianna sat back down to her seat.

“Aqua, apologize to your sister. Just because it’s easier for you to make people angry doesn’t mean you should.”

She muttered her apologies, but the atmosphere didn’t change. Brianna stomped on the way to the kitchen after eating, and asked to be excused to cool off. Aqua tried to run after her, but I stopped her just in time.

“I didn’t mean to say anything.”

“I know you didn’t, dear. But please control it. It’s been like this since your last birthday. Even you made me angry once already, and we all know how hard that is. Now go and fix your books before you work.”

Brianna headed out to the front door for school.

“You look better,” I said to her. I fixed her hair. “Your sister didn’t mean to say those things.”

“I know mom. It’s just that sometimes I think it’s true.”

“Just because you think that’s true doesn’t mean that you can’t change it.” I passed on to her the homework she left at the table. “First the glasses, and now this, you’re on the way there.”

She smiled at me. “Thanks mom.”

Olivia Spencer-Kim knocked on our door that morning. I greeted her as Bri stepped out the door. But I’ve forgotten something. I caught up to Brianna.

“Bri, is there someone?”

She blushed. “I’ll tell you later mom.”

Get Physical

Travis and I got our promotions earlier than we expected, so we treated the girls. We gave Aqua a new set of books, and an easel to express her creativity (since music isn’t really her muse), and we gave Brianna a treadmill.

Being on the creative side, I went over to Aqua’s room and helped her set up. She got frustrated that she got angry along the way and I finished the set myself. I handed her some paint and told her to just splash her frustrations on the canvas. And while she did that, I checked on Travis and Brianna.

The moment I reached the bottom of the stairs I knew something was wrong. And there it was, my husband heaving at the side of the treadmill. Brianna patted him on the shoulder.

“Dad, are you okay?”

Travis wheezes as he sits down. “I’m fine…”

I quickly run over to them and checked on Travis. His heart rate is going crazy and he’s turning a little pale.

“What happened, Bri?”

“Well, I told dad that I always wanted a treadmill and now that we have one, he can use it also. I… got a little energetic and I asked him to try it.”

I looked at her in shock. “You… let your dad on a treadmill?”

“Amber, don’t be mad,” Travis tells me. “And I can exercise.”

“No, you can’t.”

“Yes, I can, just watch.” He gets up and tries to do it energetically, but ends up sitting again. I watched him look at himself and he looked sad at the idea. I helped him get up and persuaded him to get a bubble bath to relax him down while I explained to Brianna why it was bad to make your elderly exercise. Just as Travis finishes his bath, Aqua arrives too carrying a weird contraption.

“Dad, what’s this? I found it outside with the mail.” She drops the thing down carefully and hands me the bills. Oh great.

I looked up from the envelopes of heaping bills when I saw Travis looking at the equipment like it was made of gold.

“Is that… the PrioPerfection game mat?”

He approaches it and the three of us watched him carefully as he caressed the device like a baby. Aqua leans over to me and whispers, “What’s dad doing, is that normal?” I leaned over and read the note that came with it aloud.

“Congratulations on reaching the top of your career! We would like you to accept this gift as a token of appreciation for all your hard work with us. With gracious thanks, your programming team.”

Travis reads the note eagerly, and proceeds to place the ‘gaming mat’ in the corner of the room next to his computer. He turns it on and giddily reacts as the little triangles move to the top and project his favorite game. After that, the kids and I are just blurs to him. Travis dodges arrows and swings projected swords like a pro, even if he is a bit weaker now.

“Looks like dad found his exercise,” Bri mutters. I can’t help but agree.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [New Extra]
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2014, 09:30:24 PM »
Wow!! Your story telling keeps getting better and better Imayu. The family dynamics are wonderful, I love the teen girls. Can't wait for more  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2014, 01:20:30 AM »
That was absolutely wonderful. I was totally in the moment and visualizing Travis opening his 'mail'. Great story telling!

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2014, 08:17:58 AM »
I'm happy both parents were able to deal with their teen daughters questions.