Author Topic: Flat Roofs or Sloped Roofs  (Read 2540 times)

Offline AuraMasterNeal

• Nooboo
Flat Roofs or Sloped Roofs
« on: October 19, 2014, 02:30:59 PM »
This is pretty self-explanatory: I'm curious whether my fellow Simmers like putting flat or sloped roofs on their builds more.

I personally tend to like flat roofs a bit more for two reasons:
1: Sloped roofs are cool and all, but they're way overdone
2: Flat roofs give you a whole extra story of space to put things. For example, in my main household, I have my observatory and my jungle gym (Yeah, having a toy spaceship on your roof is awesome), and after I move the wedding decorations, I'm gonna move my actual rocket ship up there.

That's not to say I don't ever use sloped roofs. It can really depend on the style you want for that specific build, but I do tend to like flat roofs more overall. This is my opinion, post and share yours (if you want)

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
Re: Poll: Flat Roofs or Sloped Roofs
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 03:10:09 PM »
Combining the two makes for an interesting roof line and give the best of both worlds.
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Flat Roofs or Sloped Roofs
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 04:18:52 PM »
I think it really depends on the whole "look" of what you are building and how large it is.  When I build a small, multi-storied house, I tend to put a flat roof on it so I can use the roof as the yard.  Building on a 10x10 lot the building itself tends to make it so there isn't much area for garden or play, and you can build a really awesome roof top play ground or party area on that tiny building.  On the other hand, if I want a small building to have a more whimsical look, a sloped roof would look best and give it that fairy tale type feel to the build.
On the other hand, if you're going for a more modern or southwestern look to the build, a flat roof could be best.  I don't think I've seen a really modern build with a sloped roof.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
Re: Flat Roofs or Sloped Roofs
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 07:09:26 PM »
I tend to put sloped roofs on any houses I build, but in one game I got rid of the roof because I had an astronaut sim who needed space for an observatory and microscope.

anything