Author Topic: Sims going on a diet?  (Read 134108 times)

Offline philkewley

• Nooboo
    • Adventures of my Simself
Re: Sim's going on a diet?
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2014, 09:54:58 AM »
Here's a list of Food items and calories, I've used the names of the files which may differ in game (some may not even be in game.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've just joined this group after leaving the EA forum because it has become too negative with arguments firing up regularly.
It's a joy to be able to find relevant information like this, thank you everyone, it feels good to find a discussion group without derision.

Back to the topic, I found that the only way I could get my Sim to lose weight was to use the CASt cheat, because no matter how much exercise & lo-cal salads he ate he remained hefty. And as he's my simself, I regretted choosing such an over-weight body type in the first place. Even now with a healthier diet if he doesn't exercise regularly he will put the weight back on. S'pose that's life simulation - just pains me to see myself so out of shape!

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2014, 06:39:08 PM »
I have noticed that the initial body shape in CAS plays a big factor, too. One of my female sims started with the obese body shape, the largest a sim can get. She's become a gym junkie and lost all that weight, but she's not skinny. She has a curvy, broad body at her skinniest, and her legs and arms are toned but big.
My main sim works out a lot now, too. She started off quite slim, but now she's a bit muscular and also TOO skinny for my liking. She's at fitness level 10, and she mostly cooks what I think are the healthy options - salads, fish and chicken meals, the fruit parfait or spinach frittata for breakfast. She quite often does grilled chicken or fish on the BBQ, too. She rarely cooks the pasta dishes or anything that I would think would make them put on weight. As she is too skinny now, I am going to start have her cook some of the "bad" meals for a while just for herself, and see what happens.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2014, 06:18:47 AM »
Here's a list of Food items and calories, I've used the names of the files which may differ in game (some may not even be in game.)

I'm a little confused.  How would you find a calorie count file for something that's not in the game?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2014, 02:24:15 PM »
I'm a little confused.  How would you find a calorie count file for something that's not in the game?

That would be a case where they put an entry into that table for a dish where the game is missing something that makes it available for use, such as "They didn't get around to making a recipie for it, so you can't actually make it".

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Sims going on a diet?
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2014, 01:05:32 PM »
Prior to this everyone was saying running around harvesting wild plants and digging for treasures caused extreme weight gain.  So is what you are saying now is it is what they eat and NOT doing the treasure hunting/harvesting or is it both?  If my treasure hunter/gatherer Sim just ate 0 calorie foods, but did not exercise a lot, would he/she remain slim?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2014, 04:05:56 PM »
Prior to this everyone was saying running around harvesting wild plants and digging for treasures caused extreme weight gain.  So is what you are saying now is it is what they eat and NOT doing the treasure hunting/harvesting or is it both?  If my treasure hunter/gatherer Sim just ate 0 calorie foods, but did not exercise a lot, would he/she remain slim?
Treasure hunting was causing excessive muscle mass, like a sim with no muscle would end very muscular after digging several rocks. I think that was fixed in one of the patches, though, so it shouldn't happen anymore.

Offline FreakingWildfire

• Nooboo
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2015, 10:30:30 AM »
Sorry for the Bump, but I'm reeaaaaally interested in where you found the food files? I'm trying to make a vegetarian trait or considering the posibility of renaming the food to vegetarian dishes, but I can't for the life of me find the food files! Little help?  :'(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ikbod

• Nooboo
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2016, 09:32:47 AM »
I love this info so useful! - and I made a sort from lowest to highest calories

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2016, 09:57:42 AM »
Oh great table @ikbod   :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2016, 01:12:34 PM »
I wonder if this should be modified a bit? Since one of the main expansion packs is a restaurant, and everyone is CONSTANTLY inviting other Sims to dine out now, (sometimes strangers will invite my Sim out, and if you ignore it another will instantly call with another invitation) I always wonder if eating at the restaurant everyday is not only going to make my Sim fat, but cause my dinner guest to become fat. For my Sim, I guess I can exercise it off. However, I can't easily do anything about the one that invited me if I'm not playing that person. If the whole point is to experience new foods & try new things, having big penalties for consuming food is a bit of a damper on things. It takes a very long time to get rid of a paunch, once it has been caught. It takes spending free time & whole weekends at a gym & what is probably the equivalent of months. Realism is ok, but realism in a game can be adjusted. When everything becomes food focused, after installing a pack, maybe that's a bit of realism that can be toned down.

In real life, weight gain is about calories. If you eat in moderation, then daily activity will work it off. Even things like crossing the map to visit your neighborhood garden should work it off. It seems to me, that if you walk as far as you jog, you should get a fitness benefit of some sort. Calories are energy. If you eat a high calorie meal, you should not be on the verge of death, at the end of the day. If you are constantly living from red bar to red bar, you shouldn't be turning into a whale. If a restaurant is giving you the option to have four course meals, maybe this should be possible, without filling the Sim up, with the appetizer alone.

Offline ikbod

• Nooboo
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2016, 06:56:31 PM »
I know what you're saying!
I experimented a bit, i had my sims eat fairly low cal stuff and exercise normally apart from one. Who i had eat loads and loads of baked goods.... She didn't seem to put on any weight - I'm guessing it's possible that some of the newer foods don't have calories values....

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2016, 07:05:31 PM »
I think the newer foods do behave differently as well as the cafe foods too. I can't for the life of me remember where I read about it though. I do know that my sim can eat all day at a cafe and not gain weight. (I only force fed him for research reasons... promise! *cough* )
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2016, 08:37:30 PM »
Interesting... :)

Maybe, do some research on the Chef's station. Maybe it could be a health food paradise, if used to make experimental food. It's not as convenient as the oven, though since it takes up loads of space. I don't think you need the fridge, or the counter, though. I would be interested to see your findings. (for science!)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2016, 02:28:53 PM »
Insta-lean is a great tool. 

Also, you could go into CAS as a cheat, and change all of your Sims' weight.  You can change everything about your Sims in CAS.  That is especially useful for children, since they can't use gym equipment or go for a jog.

Of course, exercise in addition to every thing everyone in this thread said, is key.  If your Sims are busy, get them energized by buying a potion or by placing a crystal with the energized aura on --- once energized, Sims can do a quick set of sit-ups or push-ups --- if going to the gym or using gym equipment at home is too time consuming.

A quick swim in a pool will keep everyone, including children, at least somewhat thinner.

That's a great list of food along with the calories of each.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2018, 07:33:06 PM »
Have one of you wonderful tekkie folks figured out the calorie count of the Selvadorado food?  I swear my Sim just looks at it and gets fatter.  I am totally unable to do tek stuff so hoping some brave soul will tackle it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything